Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : o2 3G
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > o2 3G Bookmark topic
Page <  123>

goldenface Posts: > 500

I did do my best to stay with O2 but I wanted to be able to email from my phone and also MMS blog pictures to an email address (operas blog site).

This wasn't supported unfortunately, although they did try their best.
--
Posted: 2006-07-26 17:45:58
Edit : Quote

Toney_Ericsson Posts: > 500

goldenface they do tell customers pop3 is for contract only but it does work on pay as you go.

Listen to this, a o2 tech support bloke by the name of George gave me the settings. I got a new phone and forgot what the pop3 settings were so I rang o2 again. This was about 6 months later. A different tech support bloke was adament that pop3 is only for contract so I said "well not long ago George who works in you're department gave me them so whats the problem?" He said theres no George in his department, I continued to argue with him and basically at the end he said I shouldnt really be doing this but these are the settings and he told me what they were!

Bloody idiots they are - they just want you to take out a contract.

Would you suggest then that I should ring them up and ask when are they going to transfer my number as you said it was done for you in an hour?
--
Posted: 2006-07-26 18:29:41

Just rang o2, spoke to another chap. He said it hasnt been actioned yet. He said he will action it now and it should be done in an hour and to basically wait until my current sim fails befor eputting in my new USIM.

He sounded very fed up, not plesent speaking to customer service like that. Hope its done anyway.
--
Posted: 2006-07-26 18:46:28

jj03 Posts: > 500

don't know what the big secret is..ive been using email on my payngo phones with o2 for year's...infact, it's no secret at all...
--
Posted: 2006-07-26 18:53:45

I know, same as. Thats basically what I told him at the time.

--
Posted: 2006-07-26 18:54:57

goldenface Posts: > 500

I believe you Toney_Ericsson...

.....but what I can't believe is O2 would rather give me my PAC code, and lose a customer in the process, rather than just give me the PAYG email settings, I mean, whats that all about?!

They must be off their rockers!

I spend at least £30 per month on PAYG!!!

Their loss anyway, is all I can say.
--
Posted: 2006-07-27 09:31:14

AngelofDeath Posts: 36

I have to say i didnt have any problems with O2. My sim was activated inside the hour, i guess its who you speak to.

When i ordered the upgrade they wanted to charge me £79.99 for the phone and increase my Tariff.

Inside 5 mins i got the phone for free with a £5.00 monthly decrease on my Tariff.
--
Posted: 2006-07-27 23:18:45

Yes it is a case of "its who you talk to" some of them dont know what they are doing I think, or limited in what they can do!

My USIM was working in an hour also after making that phone call again to o2.

If you wanted the o2 pop3 settings I could tell you them? but yes it is there loss. One thing about o2 pop3, they cant guarentee the service will work properly - I certainly have found this as sometimes it doesnt work for days. I was thinking then why should I take a contract out for a service they cant guarentee will work properly. That was somethingelse I said at the time to winkle out the settings from the person I was speaking to at o2.
--
Posted: 2006-07-28 16:36:08

DolbE Posts: 8

just use another network if you have so many problems with o2 . it seems you have a bad attatude so they dont like speaking to you. personally i dont blame them. you do come across as a "BarbusMaximus" to me
--
Posted: 2006-08-01 03:46:30

Kwiksta Posts: > 500

[ This Message was edited by: Kwiksta on 2006-08-23 18:08 ]
--
Posted: 2006-08-20 21:08:32
Page <  123>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home