Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : K800i 3G Issues (Telstra AU)
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > K800i 3G Issues (Telstra AU) Bookmark topic
Page <  123>

reeza Posts: 58

I got the phone from "Trendy Trade" Port Phillip Arcade Melbourne CBD. It's has a flush Quick share logo and the build quality is fantastic, I’ve played with my mates “3” one it is the same. Except unbranded and generic firmware and Quick share logo, so it’s even better

The store will give me warranty through them for 12 months and that’s fine by me.

They also have an Ebay store too. Same phones and prices in most cases.

Heres the phone (and store) here

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BRAND-[....]129694QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Check all addresses and it’s correct on both phones. Also the firmware you wouldn’t think would be a problem as its the generic. Anyway we will see when Telstra release the phone (for $900 Hehe) if it starts to work or they can help with support.

But in the end of the day $555 after trade in, it was to good a deal to pass.

Cheers.

[ This Message was edited by: reeza on 2006-08-07 09:43 ]
--
Posted: 2006-08-07 10:41:32
Edit : Quote

>500 Posts: > 500

yeah cybershot logo is 'printed', NO sticker.......

was a good price, the seller organised to get an m2 for me and send it along, with no extra shipping costs, on top of what i paid for the phone inc delivery, i was charged bout 85-$90 for m2........

reeza, any updates on ur telstra problems....

[ This Message was edited by: ads1107 on 2006-08-07 09:50 ]
--
Posted: 2006-08-07 10:42:24

hey ads1107, got the M2 512MB from them also $75, I think there are some cheaper around the net, but after delivery fee and waiting it was easy just to walk out of the store with it.

No luck yet with Telstra 3G at this point... still searching for info.
--
Posted: 2006-08-07 10:48:28

Update: Still no real luck, and Telstra still don't support K800i

...but if I surf to wap.telstra.com/am/bp/bp2 it brings up a different BigPond Menu, looks different and seem to be some different stuff on it.

Not sure what it is, but I may be getting closer.
--
Posted: 2006-08-10 10:27:14

jasond Posts: 408

reeza,

I ended up getting my K800 from the same place as you and think I may have a solution.

I have a similar problem - still using a 2G SIM Card, but have updated all the phone settings as well as having Telstra alter the settings at their end - however I can't send MMS.

I took the time and got through to Telstra tech support who indicated that Chinese firmwares are not 100% compatible with their network when it comes to data transfer.

So I'd suggest re-flashing the phone to EU firmware and see how that goes! I personally am going to wait until a new firmware is released before I re-flash to save paying twice, as the problem isn't dire for me. Cheers!
--
Posted: 2006-08-14 11:39:49

regarding the mms, i sent a couple to someone and they did not get them. Im on telstra, they are optus. They also sent me something, but i received something totally differnt! what firmware should i flash too for it to work properly jasond?

cheers
--
Posted: 2006-08-14 11:51:28

Hm, I forget whether it should be Europe_1 or Europe_3?

Both I'm sure would be fine, one of them is Australian (with mandatory shutter sound), the other English with suppressed shutter when in silent.

I know from experience that I changed my K750i over to the EU firmware and had no problems with MMS or otherwise on Telstra, but am unsure if this would still be the case with the K800.

I'm sure there would be others here able to be more definitive then I.

You could always try putting in a call to SE Australia and getting their thoughts on it? Just say you bought the K800 when you were over in Hong Kong, and want to know of any shortcomings when used on an Australian network? Maybe you can find out which Europe firmware to flash/not flash (for shutter sound reasons) The number is on their site.
--
Posted: 2006-08-14 13:13:36

Hi Guys,

Besides the wrong portal for 3G MMS and every other feature is working 100% fine, every MMS has gone through with out a problem, also I've found some media streaming on Bigpond Wireless and even the streaming is working fine.

But the firmware update your talking about may help, I guess all we can do is just sit tight till the next firmware update and see.

What are your firmware versions just out of curiosity?

R1CB001

prgCXC1250214_CHINA_WI AR1CB001

I'm guessing the one your talking about has _EU rather then CHINA, is that correct? And would this be changed with the WOTANSERVER?

--
Posted: 2006-08-14 13:39:05

Yeah, Wotanserver or Da Vinci. I've only ever used Da Vinci so can't really comment on Wotanserver.

You don't have to wait for a new firmware to upgrade, but it does make sense in my mind if there could be one just around the corner. It'll save reloading all your settings all over again, as I mentioned in my PM to you, it will reset the phone, so make sure everything is backed up, and also take out the M2 before you do the update as well!

And yes, I would expect CHINA to be replaced with EU. It seems odd that we are each experiencing different problems, possibly to do with 3G vs 2G (my phone). Cheers.
--
Posted: 2006-08-14 14:02:25

i changed my w810i from hk firmware to eu2..... think everything worked well, though icant remember if the mms worked or not
--
Posted: 2006-08-15 11:12:34
Page <  123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home