Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : K800 Battery cover. Help Please
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > K800 Battery cover. Help Please Bookmark topic
Page <  123>

haynesycop Posts: > 500

I swear that is the way i always do it, faced down with both thumbs and it won't budge at all. I am going to cry lol!

This happened with the T610 and i took it into orange and the guy did it the first time around, i looked so dumb.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
--
Posted: 2006-11-21 23:40:11
Edit : Quote

masseur Posts: > 500

perhaps you need to work out a bit more

but of course, it should be much easier than this. its the same trying to get sim cards out of SE's too, very tricky on most models.

you need really good finger nails but probably thats where you have an advantage!
--
Posted: 2006-11-21 23:45:52

Hey i am not a weak thank you very much, i have good muscles it is the phone that is at fault lol.

My thumbs are so sore, sob, off to the o2 shop it is unless anybody can think of anything else?
--
Posted: 2006-11-21 23:53:19

lol!

usually its a matter of confidence to press hard. you might remember it was the same with the Z520 when we tried to replace the standard white cover with the supplied pink one.

we all though yanking at the cover was going to break it but when we had the confidence to give it a good pull it just clicked off

same here really. just press inwards and down toward the bottom hard and it does shift, honestly! (and yes, I'm still talking about the K800 cover!)
--
Posted: 2006-11-21 23:58:38

Ok i will try again, i am pressing really hard but i don't even feel it give at all. I have even tried a rubber jar opener and that won't work either lol.
--
Posted: 2006-11-22 00:01:10

ok, just got my K800 out (don't really use it much these days)

remember the back cover extends around covering the bottom of the phone so you have to be careful how you are holding the phone as you push down as its easy to be using your index fingers in opposition to your thumbs thus negating your efforts

after that, I have no more suggestions. mine comes off dead easy now! (sorry)
--
Posted: 2006-11-22 00:05:06

Ah thanks for the advice and getting your K800i out to help but it seriously won't budge. Think i will be taking a little trip tomorrow hehehe!

--
Posted: 2006-11-22 00:11:07

glorfingal Posts: > 500

when you finally get the cover off you'll see why it's a pain - there are
2 spring like clips about half way down as well as the ones where the
battery cover meets the back cover !!

I finally got mine to come off regularly by using the heel of my palm and
a left to right rocking motion whilst it's lying on a lens cloth - this seems
to release the top clips as well as the side ones
--
Posted: 2006-11-22 00:41:05

Binghw Posts: 21

Hold the phone as normal like you are texting with two thumbs

This message was posted from a K800i
--
Posted: 2006-11-22 00:59:05

Non of that works believe me i have tried lol, i am going into town this morning so i hope someone can do it lol.
--
Posted: 2006-11-22 09:07:25
Page <  123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home