Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : iPhone leaks! The best phone ever ) !
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > iPhone leaks! The best phone ever ) ! Bookmark topic
Page <  1234567>

Dogmann Posts: > 500

Hi all,
So far nearly all my equipment is Sony to be honest if this is as nice as it sounds and of course has the Safari browser this could well be my first Apple product. Will this work with windows though? or will it be Mac only?

Marc
--
Posted: 2006-10-21 19:21:18
Edit : Quote

fatreg Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2006-10-21 09:49:58, spikeyjac wrote:
how much does every1 reckon it will b tho

if normal apple prices are anything to go by,

a LOT.

but asw they say, you get what you pay for.

im getting one for sure.

fatreg
--
Posted: 2006-10-21 21:56:27

haynesycop Posts: > 500

Me too, you do indeed get what you pay for, will be worth every penny.
--
Posted: 2006-10-21 22:01:43

fatreg Posts: > 500

dependant on what they are.

i may even get both

fatreg
--
Posted: 2006-10-21 22:12:36

SloopJohnB Posts: > 500

I´m sure it will work with windows too, like the ipod. It doesnt make much sense to restrain its market to mac users. Perhaps it wont work with windonws like it will do with mac os x. The article says it will be able to sync with ical, calc, probably adress book too and etc, which are mac os x apps. However, itunes is expanding its features so o dont know what extras it may bring (contacts, mails and etc) for both windowns and mac users.

--
Posted: 2006-10-21 22:46:47

shaliron Posts: > 500

What would be the point of shutting out 95% of the market by restricting it to Macs? Microsoft can restrict it to Windows purely because it wouldn't make much difference.
--
Posted: 2006-10-22 06:35:48

sapporobaby Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2006-10-21 22:46:47, SloopJohnB wrote:
I´m sure it will work with windows too, like the ipod. It doesnt make much sense to restrain its market to mac users. Perhaps it wont work with windonws like it will do with mac os x. The article says it will be able to sync with ical, calc, probably adress book too and etc, which are mac os x apps. However, itunes is expanding its features so o dont know what extras it may bring (contacts, mails and etc) for both windowns and mac users.

I guess you guys forgot that when the iPod came out it was a Mac only device. I am sure that Stevie-boy would like nothing more than to poke a big fat hole in Billy G's Zune. I don't care how much they cost, I'm getting one.

As for SE, I am putting my M600i up on ebay. SE has demonstrated time and time again that they are not really concerned about their customers or their opinion and for sure they could not care about Mac users. For the time being I will head on over to Blokia and get either a E61, or E70. I have tried to be patient but I truly hope SE takes a nose dive and becomes an also ran.
--
Posted: 2006-10-22 06:57:17

I know the first ipod was a mac-only device, however things are different nowadays, its another cenario. Everybody knows the ipod now and a bigger number of people knows apple and more people own macs or other apple products. The mac market grew 32% this year so far. The first months of the ipod were a test. Probably the first months of the iphone will also be a test but surely many pc users will want to buy it when it comes out, thats why it would be a big restrain on provits to make it mac-only. Its a big opportunity to cash on the fame apple´s built with handheld devices and also crush zune, which is not a strong competitor to the current ipod and even less to the iphone which will have many other features, including a phone hehehe.
--
Posted: 2006-10-22 08:32:18

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2006-10-22 06:35:48, shaliron wrote:
What would be the point of shutting out 95% of the market by restricting it to Macs? Microsoft can restrict it to Windows purely because it wouldn't make much difference.

As stated above, the iPod was MAC only for its 1st 9 Months. Then after 3rd party software, non supported by Apple made it PC compatible but you had to buy the PC only iPod! Shortly there after Apple bought that company and made the iPod universal. Currently the iPod when used on a Mac STILL offers more features than it does on the WinPC machine, I dont see ppl complaining about that.

> This iPod phone has been a rumor for over 6 years, ever since the T610 debuted. Its getting LONG - OverDue and winded. I dont think with all its rumored, or analyst predictions (nobody gets inside scoop on NEW Apple products, NoBody - ThinkSecret is the closest and even with the iPod they didnt pin it all down. iTunes was a complete surprise to everyone. However, with all the hype its gotta live up to, it better give me th worlds biggest Hood-Wash (thats B.J. to those that dont know) I've EVER had.

Seriously though. I worry about Apple making a multifunction device other than a computer. iPod still is mostly an MP3 player, any other functions - other than being a HDD - is secondary and does NOT destroy any of its functions or synhronization. Every other kind of device that Apple made other than a computer failed. Let's take a look at the list shall we?

1. Digital Camera (way too early, HP wasnt even in the game).
2. N-DO or whatever it was called (Gaming sytem - CollecoVision era Nintendo & Sega were king Atari was dying).
3. Image Writer Printers (too Legacy only for Apple computers).
4. Lets us NOT forget the NEWTON. just simply too heavy & WAY TOO BIG! Powerful though it was WAY ahead of its time. Its spirit lives on though in Mac OS X. Next time you drag an icon out of the dock and you see that PUFF animation .... you guessed it. It debuted on that NEWTON!

Now dont get me wrong I love Apple's perfection, simplicity of complex technologies and features & design. I'm actually going to be switching almost full (80% - I do tech support for WinXP & 3270 MainFrame Shells) over but I worry that this iPhone (Kill that name I pray) although rumored to be feature laden will NOT live up to its hype.

Well we'll all see, wont we?!
--
Posted: 2006-10-22 09:00:31

I share the same concern. Its kinda hard to guess all the features the new iphone will have and plus where it will fit in the market and with the other ipods. And not only that but will it be that great? The last apple conference was already a big disappointment except for the iTV. Apple has made many patents this year but will they be used on the ipod or iphone? Thats why many people think thereis gonna be more than one iphone, perhaps 2, 3 exploring different markets. It makes more sense, however its a big investment for apple and it may harm the ipod sales. Will the ipod become a phone? Or become something more than media device?
There too many rumors and questions for now. However, the iphone seems real and some features have been commented by several websites like 3mpx cam, wi -fi, smartphone, touchscreen, sync and etc. So i´m starting to believe its real.
Since is not offering anything interesting right now or in the near future and i havent changed my w800 yet it seems that an iphone will be my next phone. Like said before, well just have to wait and see.
--
Posted: 2006-10-22 10:31:32
Page <  1234567>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home