Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Philips to enter the smartphone market with windows mobile
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Philips to enter the smartphone market with windows mobile Bookmark topic
Page <  12

Dogmann Posts: > 500

Hi all,
I think Symbian is still strong and will continue to be so don't judge Symbian on UIQ it represents a very small percentage of Symbian sales and users. The rest of Symbian is very healthy with growth in shipments of devices and loads of developers producing great apps. Microsoft will always have a presence especially within the corporate markets due to ease of integration with existing systems. We all appreciate Windows powered smart phones are Pda's with voice capabilities added on whilst Symbian devices tend to be phones first with business and MultiMedia capabilities depending on device. The next release of the Nokia communicator by all accounts is going to be very special, i can't wait.

Marc
--
Posted: 2006-12-28 18:08:37
Edit : Quote

peacemf Posts: 167

besides UIQ what else has symbian do?
palm is different right?

prefer windows mobile, because its colourful like xp.

palm is tooo mac!
--
Posted: 2006-12-28 23:41:13

vincebio Posts: 89

Quote:
palm is tooo mac!

hahhahaaha....and thats a bad thing then..?

next up...Zune 'its too ipod' for me....
--
Posted: 2006-12-29 00:26:21

Dogmann Posts: > 500

@peacemf
You are joking aren't you? UIQ accounted for roughly 2-3% of Symbian smart phone sales and i doubt that figures gone up. In November Symbian announced hitting the 100 million unit mark with over 100 hundred models shipping from 10 major manufacturers. Also you can read at this link the full story http://www.a site.com/news/006/11/symbian_q3.htm

I am now starting to wonder why SE had to buy UIQ as it's only customer and the problems it is having maybe Symbian where going to close it down so SE had no choice but to by it. If SE fail to fix it's current problems in the next couple of firmwares or dare release new devices and expect people to just upgrade it could well spell the end for UIQ as so many have already left and many more have stated they will also as they are running out of patience and will only forgive so much.

Marc
--
Posted: 2006-12-29 01:27:31

dancingfate Posts: > 500

Quote:
i read Samsung where it stands Microsoft

But I still don't get it, what's the relationship between Samsung and Microsoft?
AFAIK Samsung only have a very few phones with Windows Mobile, e.g. i300 family.
CMIIW.

--
Posted: 2006-12-29 02:32:41

miguel19 Posts: 130

Microsoft vs Symbian!!
--
Posted: 2006-12-31 16:05:07
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index