Esato Mobile
General discussions : Product reviews : iPhone vs P1i
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Product reviews > iPhone vs P1i Bookmark topic
Page <  12

razec Posts: > 500

On 2007-11-07 04:19:39, SloopJohnB wrote:
What´s the point of having hundreds of features if they are all trapped inside an unstable OS with poor hardware, poorer software and ´too´ basic GUI? It´s best to have a handful of functions that work all the time and pretty much behave, look and feel just like they would on a PC. I know its a personal decision, but iphone all the way.

too basic GUI? tell me any other smartphone that has transitions in the menu, submenus and menu bars. only iphone, P990,P1 and the SE's animation heavier W960 has that no other else i can acept your point if we only compare it to iphone but to others NO!

Poorer software? messaging wise P1 has better messaging application, it also has better camera software but have to admit iphone has better media, and internet apps, otherwise it's uncomparable to the P1, and the latter does not deserve to be compared with the iphone, it should be the W960

Poor hardware? what type, be specific, is it WiFi? CPU? otherwise iPhone was the looser here

yeah that's right, it's personal decision but if you ask me i would rather have a phone with more functions even unstable atm rather than having no functions at all at least the former can be fixed with SW updates(software wise ) oops this doesn't mean P1i is unstable atm - it's rock solid!, sadly it's still expensive for me

Have wish for this christmas? tell ithere

[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2007-11-10 10:36 ]
--
Posted: 2007-11-10 11:27:20
Edit : Quote

C905 Posts: > 500

On 2007-11-07 04:19:39, SloopJohnB wrote:
What´s the point of having hundreds of features if they are all trapped inside an unstable OS with poor hardware, poorer software and ´too´ basic GUI? It´s best to have a handful of functions that work all the time and pretty much behave, look and feel just like they would on a PC. I know its a personal decision, but iphone all the way.

unstable OS????
i dont think you have even own a phone with UIQ 3.0, so its quite strange that many do like it and do not find the OS difficult like you
--
Posted: 2007-11-10 19:35:56

ajIndia Posts: 1

Well, its P1i all the way. Cant compare it with iphone, its leagues ahead.
Imagine, a phone with no MMS!!! What kind of a smart phone is it? No 3G either.
Sony rules...
--
Posted: 2007-12-08 03:05:50

SloopJohnB Posts: > 500

The iphone changed the way I used to look at mobile phones. Not that the functions are different but the way they are implemented and the way the mobile device interacts with the user. P1i is a very good phone, but it´s just ´another´ phone, one of the many we´ve getting for quite some time that follows the same concept. The iphone is a totally different design and a much more interesting one I must say. I do realize that this is a personal opinion but I think the iphone is great and all other phones kinda look a bit outdated next to it.
--
Posted: 2007-12-08 04:45:30

razec Posts: > 500

^^ Sloopjohn,

that's when you look at it's UI, but the design is just a normal PDA look admit it or not, even XDAs looked better than iPhone . with the battery glue inside the PCB. if you look at the P1 design how many phone do have that kind of design(which the full qwerty keyboard is a rocker one and consists of just 20 keys?) and the back front which looks like.no.other? iPhone could really amaze people like us in it's UI, but other than that it's just nothing but a normal uninnovatively designed PDA phone and is next to XDAs and P-series
--
Posted: 2007-12-08 05:19:39

firewired Posts: 85

P1i all the way!

to all iPhone users. can you iPhone receive mp3 file and play it directly???

My P1i plays it without the need of the PC.
--
Posted: 2007-12-08 07:34:47

SloopJohnB Posts: > 500

Yes u can, just download sendsong. The thing about the iphone´s UI is that after playing with one u will never want another phone again. It not just about looks but its so easy and fast and it behaves just like my laptop, the emails i get and the websites i visit look and behave the same way as they do on my pc. Its confortable, fast, easy and stable. It could have more functions like gps or a cam with more pixels? Yes. Is it perfect? NO way. But its still great. I´ve played with a P1i in a shop close to my home and I liked it also but it didn´t strike me as something special. If I wanted a phone like ´that´ , which is an open smartphone with good cam I´d get a nokia because they rule in this segment nowadays, but since I am looking for something different and the iphone suits my needs....
--
Posted: 2007-12-08 23:51:45
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home