Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : 3g iPhone discussion
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > 3g iPhone discussion Bookmark topic
Page <  123, ... 181920>

masseur Posts: > 500

thanks! I knew I'd seen it somewhere but couldn't find it
--
Posted: 2008-04-21 14:34:33
Edit : Quote

shanespencer Posts: > 500

Yeah, I struggled to find it again, too

So, what are the chances of copy & paste appearing on the iphone anytime soon? Reckon the new one will have it?
--
Posted: 2008-04-21 14:35:45

leerichards Posts: 306

Yeah, you'd have to hope there is more to the new device than simply 3G. For me personally, I'd simply like a better camera. Away from specs, I hope that the UK retailers offer a wider choice of tarrifs, but I'm not sure there is much chance of that happening. Of course they are avoidable with all the hacks that are out there. I hadn't actually realised you could go into an 02 shop and take away the unit without signing up to one of their horrendous 18 month 'deals'.

I'm expecting to upgrade in the next few months to the G900, but I'm hoping the next iPhone is announced before that so I can make a more informed decision.

Lee

[ This Message was edited by: leerichards on 2008-04-21 14:04 ]
--
Posted: 2008-04-21 15:03:22

nicv27 Posts: > 500

Times Online is reporting that the next-gen 3G iPhone will surprise Apple fans with a "radically different" appearance to the current offering.

According to a business article on the site: "Industry sources told Times Online that the device will have a 'radically different' appearance to the current device, which has a 4.5-inch [sic] screen and slick, aluminium backing".

"Among the possibilities are flip version, which would enable the screen to be larger, and a sliding model with a regular Qwerty keyboard - as opposed to a touchscreen one."

The article also states Apple has placed an order with its Asian suppliers to produce 200,000 of the new 3G iPhones by the end of May, rising to 2 million in June.

The 3G version of Apple's mobile phone is due in 2008, with June, which would mark the year anniversary of the device's launch, hotly tipped to be the month it debuts.

Source http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/[....]e-be-radically-different.phtml

--
Posted: 2008-04-21 15:36:04

oddie k750 Posts: 399

A little bit of info coming from the Czech Rpublic. Czech carriers (especially t-mobile) claim the reason why they haven't started selling the iphone is it's low sales in Europe. But they do confirm a 3g iphone "attractive to the european user" with a new design.
BTW- t-mobile is supposed to start selling the iphone (didn't say what version- but just read between the lines in the above paragraph!) in june/july.
--
Posted: 2008-04-21 15:41:54

Bonovox Posts: > 500

You would think for the price they would put 3G along with at least a 3.2 mega pixel camera. Or perhaps Apple have not got a clue how to make a decent camera or what consumers want.
--
Posted: 2008-04-22 10:46:00

mswallis Posts: 460

What a completely ignorant comment!
--
Posted: 2008-04-22 11:47:44

engadget has come up with a little more info on the next iphone

apparantly it will have GPS, the back is now all black but still no changeable battery
--
Posted: 2008-04-26 20:05:18

iksplusipsilon Posts: 303

...it looks like that picture of black glossy back on Engadget is actually aftermarket casing for iPhone...as I understood, only things that are certain are 3G and 3,5 mm jack that is flush with the body :-)

This message was posted from a WAP device
--
Posted: 2008-04-26 20:15:04

yeah, that picture on engadget was proven to be a fake a couple of weeks ago, but apparantly its still being used around the discussions to show what a black back might look light
--
Posted: 2008-04-26 20:17:42
Page <  123, ... 181920>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home