Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Unnamed 5MP Motorola slider revealed
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Unnamed 5MP Motorola slider revealed Bookmark topic
Page <  123>

driftmania Posts: > 500

Is this an American release? I spy the AT&T network in one of the pics.
--
Posted: 2008-06-01 19:48:53
Edit : Quote

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

Lol nice one MOTO, a Kodak "Camera phone" with no Autofocus, man there is ALWAYS something missing in their phones, for example the recently released Multimedia Z10 phone has everything except Wi-Fi and a bigger screen, now a Camera phone with 5mp with no AF?
All i can say is. . . ATLEAST they dont make cars, otherwise we would get an SUV with FW drivetrain, a Supercar with no aerodynamics, and a sedan with 4doors and 2seats.
--
Posted: 2008-06-01 21:18:28

AbuBasim Posts: > 500

On 2008-05-30 16:11:01, NightBlade wrote:
OK, a 5MP camera with flash and NO autofocus? What were Motorola thinking?

It's Kodak that is trying to revive their old film-based Instamatic cameras...

Gizmodo nailed it with their comment about fixed focus and EDGE:

Someone's going to have some good times uploading blurry pictures over a slow connection when this is released.

[ This Message was edited by: AbuBasim on 2008-06-01 21:21 ]
--
Posted: 2008-06-01 21:54:52

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

What Oli seems to forget is that branding comes AFTER the prototype stage.

K800/790a leaked photos did NOT have Cybershot on it.
K750i leaked photos did NOT have QuickShare on it either. Many ppl thought that area for for LARGE branding.

I'd expect if this was Kodak collaboration with Motorola, then branding would come after the prototype stage, and this SHOULD have AutoFocus. Yet I WILL agree with Oli that this is NOT what was hyped over a year ago as part of that collaboration between the two company's.

I like the navi-wheel, and pray that choose to use it in an improved form.
--
Posted: 2008-06-01 22:05:05

gola Posts: > 500

Well lets hope that it has af for all the moto fans that are planning to buy this phone. I like it's back, the front is not appealing at all...
--
Posted: 2008-06-01 22:27:49

o0AznJ0o Posts: 15

damn that thing is ugly...no idea what motorola is up to/thinking these days lol
--
Posted: 2008-06-02 15:36:00

aksd Posts: > 500

BGR talks crap sometimes.

Firstly, there is NO Kodak lens moto. The Moto supposed to use a Kodak sensor was the X-Pixl a candybar. The Kodak sensor was scrapped as it produced crappy images. Theres going to be a new sensor, some european company, cant remember the name. THe image quality is good, close to 100% sensor efficiency as it can shoot in RAW. THe X-Pixl has TV-Out, WiFi and is quad band with Edge. Its going to use the latest MotoMagx platform. Kodak will no be only branding with a bit of s/w such as Pict Bridge or something like that, not too familiar with the prinitng softwares. Maybe a few algorithms for jpeg mode, something to do with light optimization and stuff. And the X-Pixl also has a Xenon flash.

The "other" high end moto to look out for is the Symbian based phone.

THe phone you see here is another of the Z series I presume, targeted more towards the fashion conscious.

[ This Message was edited by: aksd on 2008-06-02 15:10 ]
--
Posted: 2008-06-02 16:09:53

WhiteEye Posts: > 500

I believe Motorola has just passed their near-death experience.
--
Posted: 2008-06-02 17:59:00

clauf Posts: > 500

I don't like the phone, but I don't think it's that ugly either. At least it's a little refresh in terms of design compared to the RIZR series *pukes*

I hate the fact that Moto reuses designs over and over again.
--
Posted: 2008-06-02 19:46:46

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

On 2008-06-02 16:09:53, aksd wrote:
BGR talks crap sometimes.

Firstly, there is NO Kodak lens moto. The Moto supposed to use a Kodak sensor was the X-Pixl a candybar. The Kodak sensor was scrapped as it produced crappy images. Theres going to be a new sensor, some european company, cant remember the name. THe image quality is good, close to 100% sensor efficiency as it can shoot in RAW. THe X-Pixl has TV-Out, WiFi and is quad band with Edge. Its going to use the latest MotoMagx platform. Kodak will no be only branding with a bit of s/w such as Pict Bridge or something like that, not too familiar with the prinitng softwares. Maybe a few algorithms for jpeg mode, something to do with light optimization and stuff. And the X-Pixl also has a Xenon flash.

The "other" high end moto to look out for is the Symbian based phone.

THe phone you see here is another of the Z series I presume, targeted more towards the fashion conscious.

[ This Message was edited by: aksd on 2008-06-02 15:10 ]

What you've forgotten is the earlier prototype that BGR had DID take pictures in RAW, this could be just the new shell, as ALL the other specs you've stated are supposedly in this phone. No 3G seems odd, though.

Then again this is the MAIN reason that I think Motorola has NOT changed from their business practices in the past - at least to cellular division. They pillage know-how from other companies when deals are made then bail out (or buy them out when they're suffering). ie Sendo, and a few other business'. Now name me 1 just 1 Linux phone that Motorola makes in production that supports 3G?! NONE - rumored MING II but we've yet to see that ship or official. I still think Andriod is something Motorola will steal intelligence from to help their OWN MotoMAGX Platform. Notice how MING II wasn't rumored until sometime after their announcement of partnership with Google Andriod Consortium? Hmm.
--
Posted: 2008-06-03 02:38:05
Page <  123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home