Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Accessories : Help regarding HBH DS980
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > Help regarding HBH DS980 Bookmark topic
Page <  1234>

buntoo Posts: > 500

Watchin' movie on PC
--
Posted: 2010-12-27 07:35:15
Edit : Quote

ceaser2008 Posts: > 500

I have just given it to one of local repair shop. According to him, there is something wrong with circuit. If it is a battery problem, firstly the standby time would gradually decreased and then the battery die. But in my case, it has happened all of a sudden. So he will check that.

Buntoo,
Can you tell me how much is the mA of the battery? As i have peeled off that label.
About watching movie on pc with it, i think its a good idea. I will buy a bluetooth dongle, once it is repaired.
[ This Message was edited by: ceaser2008 on 2010-12-27 10:35 ]

--
Posted: 2010-12-27 11:33:15

@ceaser2008, I dunno about the battery capacity in mA. Watching movie on PC and streaming sound to this handsfree is a great amusement Now i watch movies on my Galaxy S paired with my DS980. No lag at all.
--
Posted: 2010-12-27 19:22:12

idumbakumar Posts: > 500

Hi ceaser somewat u managed to broken it. I thought u would reply the progress so that I can help u further, sorry i could've given some ideas that where are the screws might be. If u open it completely then thats all. Just take the battery out ot should be connected by a small plug. Just pull it. And try checking mobiles spares shop or electronic shops or try google or ebay the battery. Please update the progress i can help u. Generally i dont fully trust the local servicing shops. And i dont think they are even serviced a couple of BT headsets. So keep ur eye on it.
[ This Message was edited by: idumbakumar on 2010-12-27 20:06 ]

--
Posted: 2010-12-27 21:02:51

hello idumbakumar,

Your help is really apprecialted. but as i said earlier, there isnt any screws. It was pressed down with somekind of locks. About the part which i have broken, somehow i managed to stick it back on its place with the help of fevi-quick. After i sticked it when i put it back on its place, it was working smooth again. so i guess god have saved me there cause the two parts which i have sticked were so small that you cannot hold them in your hand.

About the service man, you might be right, but i had no option. i went to two service centers, one said, they dont have one and will be available after a month. second said, it is not repairable. they dont repair BT handsets. They just replace it in case of warranty. On the other hand, that service man did show me one BT battery, he had but it was not the same size as in mine, but he has one. so i guessed he is repairing BT handsets as well. The other reason which he gave was also legit one, which i have already mentioned in my previous post. so i gave him to try. Lets keep fingers crossed and hope it will be in life again.

--
Posted: 2010-12-28 03:35:48

idumbakumar,

Finally it is repaired. He has changed its battery. Not the original one but he has one for nokia. He has managed to accomodate in it. Now it is under observation, how long the battery last. It costs me Rs. 400

Buntoo,
Can you pls tell me, when you watch movie over pc, does audio-video lag?? I mean, does it play in synchronization? Cause today i bought one BT dongle of bluesoiell company, it lags terribly. Though internet and other things are good but this video playing is terrible. I played .flv .mp4 videos in winamp and vlc player but the result is same, lag. Pls help me or suggest me one good BT dongle.

By the way, i am using windows 7 32-bit, 1 gb ram, dual core processor.
[ This Message was edited by: ceaser2008 on 2010-12-28 15:01 ]

--
Posted: 2010-12-28 15:58:18

idumbakumar Posts: > 500

Thats great news. Congrats... Pc is lagging when playing video while BT audio streaming? That shouldn't happen. May be problem with the os? Or the bluesoleil? Check with XP..
--
Posted: 2010-12-28 18:31:42

On 2010-12-28 15:58:18, ceaser2008 wrote:
Buntoo,
Can you pls tell me, when you watch movie over pc, does audio-video lag?? I mean, does it play in synchronization? Cause today i bought one BT dongle of bluesoiell company, it lags terribly. Though internet and other things are good but this video playing is terrible. I played .flv .mp4 videos in winamp and vlc player but the result is same, lag. Pls help me or suggest me one good BT dongle.

By the way, i am using windows 7 32-bit, 1 gb ram, dual core processor.
[ This Message was edited by: ceaser2008 on 2010-12-28 15:01 ]

My PC is running on Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit), 2GB 1333MHz DDR3 RAM, Intel Core2Duo E7300 2.93Gz, 500GB 7200RPM HDD, 500W SilverStone Modular PowerSupply and and ............ l0l The system specifications doesn't matter

I'm using MSI Starkey Dongle and i've never had any lag issue even when i was on my old P4 system. XP or Vista or 7 that is not the prob. You must stream your Audio/Video over A2DP profile not the headset profile. Try using broadcom drivers and see what happens.
--
Posted: 2010-12-30 10:20:56

I am looking for good bluetooth adaptor.

About my ds980, i have returned that battery as it was new but last less than a day. So i returned it. Now again i am searching for the battery. I have checked with sony service center, they will enquire and let me know after 5 days. Very poor service. I have given that battery to a local shop as sample. He will give me final answer on this wednesday. I hope he gets one.
Idumbakumar, pls can you help me getting one? You were right, there were 3 screws underneath the face plate. Sony is too smart thinking anyone would open it by his ownself. Two were hiding underneath a rubber circle pack. And one was covered by a somekind of glue.

Pls help me.
--
Posted: 2011-01-01 13:09:48

Get MSI Starkey 3x Faster BT Dongle. I'm using it and its great.
--
Posted: 2011-01-01 14:36:10
Page <  1234>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home