Esato Mobile
Information : Esato News Articles : Most trusted brand in India - Nokia
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Information > Esato News Articles > Most trusted brand in India - Nokia Bookmark topic
Page <  12

laffen Posts: > 500

But Sony is among the top 5. An expensive brand. How is that possible if the selection is made of poor people in a poor country?
--
Posted: 2012-01-18 02:52:50
Edit : Quote

Bonovox Posts: > 500

Yes,Sony are far from cheap. Is that Sony Ericsson phones or just Sony??
--
Posted: 2012-01-18 02:54:36

masseur Posts: > 500

@laffen, again... this comes down to statistic "spread".

we'd need to research or understand the range of products and prices to better understand the "top 5". It may be that nokia hold 80% in no1 position and hold 5% in the 5th position. I don't know exactly as I haven't studied this but given the details in this topic this may well explain this disparity?

is there a top 5 comparitive table of products?

--
Posted: 2012-01-18 03:00:50

randomuser Posts: > 500

On 2012-01-18 02:54:36, Bonovox wrote:
Yes,Sony are far from cheap. Is that Sony Ericsson phones or just Sony??

Just Sony not Sony Ericsson. Samsung is 4th and LG is 3rd
--
Posted: 2012-01-18 03:55:22

ceaser2008 Posts: > 500

@masseur you are right. Mere 2700 people dont represent Indian population but i am living here in India and its a fact that Nokia has been top mobile brand here. Because it is selling mobile at very cheap rate. Plus when mobile era was starting here, nokia has done very good marketting leaving buyer think there is only one company Nokia to buy phone.

India is 'Emerging superpower' country not a like poor economic country. Why would every trusted brand in every aspect want to invest here in India. They are not ready to loose money. Because unlike other country, India is not popular for making cheap copy of any brand. India is very broad for investors.

About mobile phones, who stops other brand to sell mobile at cheaper rate here. Samsung has understand this and now it is on verge of taking nokia in India. That doesnt mean samsung doesnt sell big expensive phones here. You get GS2 and other cheap phones too from samsung. Every brand must realise the fact that here mostly, around 75%, people are working class aged above 40s. They dont use internet daily for their business or FB. They use phones for making and receiving calls. So they opt for cheap phones which can give them good battery life of 3-4 days with heavy use. Though youngsters are now going for smartphones and expensive phones. So scenario will be changed in coming years. But for now nokia rules the heart of Indian people.
[ This Message was edited by: ceaser2008 on 2012-01-18 05:20 ]

--
Posted: 2012-01-18 06:18:00

Bonovox Posts: > 500

I guess the rich class there use the smartphones.
--
Posted: 2012-01-18 08:40:00
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home