Esato Mobile
Information : Esato News Articles : Samsung Galaxy S III rumored to be just 7 mm thin
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Information > Esato News Articles > Samsung Galaxy S III rumored to be just 7 mm thin Bookmark topic
Page <  123>

Bonovox Posts: > 500

As long as it ain't like the Arc/Arc S. When I had the Arc the plastics alarmed me it literally flexed in my hands It's why I do like the Xperia Ray now,it's slim but not too skinny & had metal around the frame making it more sturdy. Samsung did so well with it's Bada phones the build is amazingly solid with full metal jacket I just don't know why they don't do that with their premium Android devices As for battery yes I forgot about that Motorola one that is pure genius
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-02-06 19:18 ]

--
Posted: 2012-02-06 20:16:22
Edit : Quote

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

I love how my GS2 feels in hand, if they make the GS3 just as lite and 7mm thin id like that, not bothered by the plastic build of my GS2.
--
Posted: 2012-02-06 21:26:35

skblakee Posts: > 500

The SGS2 feels good in hand and i am posting using mines right now. From the looks of it online with the back cover in hands i thought it would feel cheap and plasticky. It really does not feel that way in real life though.

I think we need to hold the new SGS3 in hand first before passing judgement on its ergonomics and quality.

Having said that I do think that Samsung needs to come up with nicer designs for their phones and tweak their software so that they stand out more.

Apple's designs have always stood out and look like they put plenty of time, effort and money into those two critical items.

If you add glass you increase the weight of the phone. Make it from mostly plastic weight goes down but quality might suffer.

Samsung seems to be going for thinnest and lightest.
--
Posted: 2012-02-06 23:12:45

false_morel Posts: 375

They won't install a camera button it, but imagine handling a 7mm device to shoot a photo!! Even without the camera button it'd still be an ugly experience..
It's simply not comfortable..

As far as I know and experienced the build quality on the GSII is very good.. Actually top notch!!
But the light weight is again another factor that doesn't make the handling of the phone smooth!! When I hold a GSII it really feels like one of those dummy phones made for display!! A toy! Even if the build quality if all right, why make it that much light? What's the benefit? Not like my hand will get tired from those extra 50 grams at the end of the day!!
But I don't the light weight is due to thinness.. It's due to the material used..

Hope they sort these two factors out.. And innovate for a new design and some new hardware features instead of these meaningless "thin and light" marketing campaigns..
--
Posted: 2012-02-07 00:07:31

And personally I think that they are at the point where they need not go lighter or thinner.
--
Posted: 2012-02-07 00:32:33

mriley Posts: > 500

It would be a mistake to reduce the thickness and keep the same plastic build, the phone will slip out of your hand constantly. I really don't like the plastic build of the S2 in the first place (I couldn't use it without the case attached cos it feels so greasy/glossy in the hand) but if they made it thinner without improving material quality then it would be a downgrade.

I know they're doing it to keep the phone light, but they should be using better plastic or even metal. The HTC Sensation has much much better build quality than the S2.

What I want from the Galaxy S3:

- High res display - 300+ ppi
- Better build quality - lightweight grippy, durable plastic/metal alloy

About the ergonomics issue - i think the width of the phone is more of an issue than the slimness, more people seem to think that thinner = better but dont like the fact that the phone is really wide so hard to hold in the hand. I dont find it an issue though
--
Posted: 2012-02-07 02:06:13

julias Posts: > 500

Samsung Galaxy S3: new snap hints at bendy form factor.

http://www.uswitch.com/mobile[....]nap_hits_at_bendy_form_factor/
--
Posted: 2012-02-07 02:20:07

Oh yes, 300+ PPI is a must for the display but I don't see how they are going to change the material from plastic to metal/glass and keep the weight although I would prefer another I want metal/glass.

--
Posted: 2012-02-07 03:32:36

mriley Posts: > 500

I'm not a fan of the bendy form factor but that is sure to be a rumour, would be very suprised if it actually came through

@skblakee
Yeah, its just not the same as the iPhone 4 display, I have to zoom in on Esato news articles to read them. I loved being able to read a whole page in desktop layout with Retina display.
I agree with you that they will probably stick with the same old plastic they are using atm so they can market the phone as 'the slimmest and lightest phone on the planet. "
Titanium alloy and it would be perfect
--
Posted: 2012-02-07 04:55:09

julias Posts: > 500

Is this the Samsung Galaxy S III?

--
Posted: 2012-02-23 18:09:02
Page <  123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index