Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Apple will launch a mobile phone within 18 months
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Apple will launch a mobile phone within 18 months Bookmark topic
Page <  1234>

s40convert Posts: 61

Just by looking at the current product line of Apple hard- and software, I don't think there is any potential for an "iPhone". Their main focus has shifted from the graphic arts to movies and music since the intro of OS X.
OK, they own the domain www.iphone.org (for at least 4 years already...), but why would they go into a market where you have to introduce a new product every 3 months to keep uptodate with technology and the ESATO users happy
--
Posted: 2004-12-03 14:22:54
Edit : Quote

axxxr Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2004-12-03 14:22:54, s40convert wrote:
Just by looking at the current product line of Apple hard- and software, I don't think there is any potential for an "iPhone". Their main focus has shifted from the graphic arts to movies and music since the intro of OS X.
OK, they own the domain http://www.iphone.org (for at least 4 years already...), but why would they go into a market where you have to introduce a new product every 3 months to keep uptodate with technology and the ESATO users happy

What makes you say that there is no potential for a i-phone?...Excuse me but that seems very narrow minded...I know for a fact and i think you do too...That if Apple were to announce the i-phone lets say tomorrow...millions would queue up at every apple store around the world just to get their hands on one...I know i for one would be first in that queue. ..The i-phone would create the same hysteria the i-pod did...having said that i Apple has to also get the product right because if its just a phone for the sake of being one then that might do so well...Maybe if they added i-tunes to its list of functions amongst other things...I can remember ppl a while back saying that there will never be a colour screen i-pod and there's no need for one ect ect...well apple has proved those doubters wrong!...As far keeping up to date with the market that is a natural progression for any company and as companys such as Apple grow bigger by the day so does their product portfolio.
--
Posted: 2004-12-03 14:40:46

*Jojo* Posts: > 500

The IMAGE on the LEFT looks like a MINI-NOTEBOOK/LAPTOP !
--
Posted: 2004-12-03 14:53:13

amnesia Posts: > 500

i've always wanted an iPod styled phone. If it looks anything like that mockup/concept then I dont want it lol!
--
Posted: 2004-12-03 16:08:29

Quote:
On 2004-12-03 16:08:29, amnesia wrote:
i've always wanted an iPod styled phone. If it looks anything like that mockup/concept then I dont want it lol!

Ok i have something here for you which you might like!

--
Posted: 2004-12-03 16:11:45

s40convert Posts: 61

@axxxr

I didn't say there is no potential for a phone in terms of sales, it just won't fit into the product line. And again, the mobile phone market is to fast paced, I can't imagine that Apple is willing to keep up with it.
And when I look at your original post you can easily see that the design of this proto type is clearly from the 2nd generation G4 days = pretty old. Why didn't they release anything by now?
But I have to agree with you, queues at the Apple Store would be long, and I would be right behind you, since I buy basically everything that Apple makes
--
Posted: 2004-12-03 17:38:44

Apparently word is that Apple has been showing a prototype “iPhone” to several maunfacturers, Motorola being one. I’ll keep my eye on this.

--
Posted: 2004-12-03 20:08:23

blackspot Posts: > 500

If you come to think of it, nowadays computers, mobile phones and music are very much related. I think iPhone will fit nicely in Apple's product lineup!

[ This Message was edited by: blackspot on 2004-12-07 07:43 ]
--
Posted: 2004-12-06 02:26:18

Gooner Girl Posts: 67

Unfortunately I don't think that this is going to happen...........but I'd sooooooo love it if it did!

I was too young to get into the Newton but each day I utter a little prayer for an Apple PDA. Now I know that is never going to happen as iBooks get lighter and phones get more capability but it doesn't stop me wanting!

I can't see that it's a logical step for them but that second mock up with the OSX interface, beautiful!

--
Posted: 2004-12-07 14:42:15

govigov Posts: > 500

Cool! I already know its name. Its called ifone This message was posted from a K500
--
Posted: 2004-12-07 14:56:32
Page <  1234>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home