Esato Mobile
Market : Mobile phones wanted : this may seem like the most stupid question ever! (where are the smilies?)
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > Market > Mobile phones wanted > this may seem like the most stupid question ever! (where are the smilies?) Bookmark topic
Page <  123>

gelfen Posts: > 500

i don't think people necessarily miss the link, but it's not immediately obvious to the casual eye what that link does.

for instance, the "Attach Picture" link is self explanatory. The term "Smiley Codes" or "View Smilies" would probably be more easily comprehended by the uninitiated. Same for "BBCode"
--
Posted: 2004-12-16 03:35:16
Edit : Quote

tranquil Posts: > 500

@Gelfen
Very good point you make there.
I've never thought of it like that. I guess it's "esay when you know how".
(Sorry for my ignorance.)
--
Posted: 2004-12-16 08:46:53

masseur Posts: > 500

I disagree, whenever I see a link I assume the link will take me to a page that gives more information about the topic described by the words used in the link

this is normal web practice isn't it?

in this case I would expect to see more details about bbcode or smilies and my natural hope in a well designed site is that by clicking those I would get info on how to use them, or am I being too pragmatic

--
Posted: 2004-12-16 08:59:05

Vlammetje Posts: > 500

Not at all masseur

the link 'smilies' takes you to the smilies.... it's really the most basic understanding of linking imho
Nobody could get that wrong.

I suspect people simply never look at the 4 checkboxes to see what they do in the first place
--
Posted: 2004-12-16 09:09:59

masseur Posts: > 500

agreed, bringing me back to me earlier point

Quote:
On 2004-12-14 10:40:13, masseur wrote:
when members join, not only should they read the forum rules (which hardly any one ever does IMHO), they should also take the time to explore the wealth of features provided by laffen.

eveyone is in such a rush to get their posts posted

When I join a new site I always take a little time to explore what the site is offering me before I start posting so that I can make best use of the site.

Its the same with anything really, when I join a new flying club I sit in the planes that I am not familiar with and learn where all the buttons are, when I get a new phone I spend time exploring it, when I meet a new girl I spend time exploring etc etc (ok so thats been a long time since I'm married 16 years now but it gives the point )
--
Posted: 2004-12-16 09:15:08

Dj Boyi Posts: > 500

@masseur,ì like ur last example,no bad language used either,top man! LoL ;-) This message was posted from a T610
--
Posted: 2004-12-16 09:41:06

methylated_spirit Posts: > 500

--
Posted: 2004-12-16 14:17:10

vanquish Posts: > 500

oooh, Vlamm, confront a mod

--
Posted: 2004-12-16 14:55:29

*Jojo* Posts: > 500

I quite agree with @gelfen here - totally now - I guess!
@masseur - Not everyone is as 'well-rounded' as you mate . . . me included!

@vanquish - she can 'confront' even Tony Blair or Osama Bin Laden upfront and personal Just kiddo here - Vlammmetje !
--
Posted: 2004-12-16 16:23:15

vanquish Posts: > 500

@jojo

--
Posted: 2004-12-16 19:21:11
Page <  123>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home