Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : SE Press Conference Pictures & W800 Telly Advert
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > SE Press Conference Pictures & W800 Telly Advert Bookmark topic
Page <  12

carkitter Posts: > 500

I'm looking forward to the W800 too! I hope Sony put bluetooth into more of thier products (ie: TV's, stereo's and car audio for instance) so that the W800 can be used to it's full potential as a multimedia device, without cables.
--
Posted: 2005-05-03 12:22:48
Edit : Quote

dude_se Posts: > 500

cables suck. i wish my k500 (f500) had bluetooth. i like the packaging of the w800 its different and very stylish.
and one more thing: it will take me ages to get 500> posts.
--
Posted: 2005-05-03 18:22:03

clank Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2005-03-08 16:38:51, scotsboyuk wrote:
It is a touch of genius to use the Walkman brand. Perhaps Sony are looking to dominate the global mobile music industry again through SE.

I'm afraid that wont happen. Those of us who convene here are predominantly se fans(and some fanatics as well) so we appreciate their products but unfortunately the majority of the mobile using populace doesnt. Dont forget they slipped down to 6th position in the previous quarter inspite of having some nice phones in the market. W800 on the other hand seems outdated as a communication device due to lack of edge/3g. People will rather just but a mp3 player than shell out big bucks on duos.
--
Posted: 2005-05-03 18:31:22

dude_se Posts: > 500

i will be happy with my f500 (apart from no bluetooth) once i get my mp3 player next week. i would rather pay for edge and 3g which many people would aswell. they are more important to most people. hopefully SE can create a phone with mp3 support and edge and 3g all in one.
--
Posted: 2005-05-03 18:35:42

scotsboyuk Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2005-05-03 18:31:22, clank wrote:

I'm afraid that wont happen. Those of us who convene here are predominantly se fans(and some fanatics as well) so we appreciate their products but unfortunately the majority of the mobile using populace doesnt. Dont forget they slipped down to 6th position in the previous quarter inspite of having some nice phones in the market.

Globally yes, but SE are doing well in both Europe and Japan where these sort of products are more likely to do well.

Quote:
W800 on the other hand seems outdated as a communication device due to lack of edge/3g. People will rather just but a mp3 player than shell out big bucks on duos.

I disagree. Neither Europe or Japan, SE's biggest and most important markets, use EDGE and since Europe is undoubtedly going to be the W800's biggest market this means that a lack of EDGE really means very little. 3G is still in its infancy in Europe, 2.5G still rules the roost here.

People are going to buy a mobile phone before they buy a dedicated music player, but if their mobile happens to have the feature of a good mp3 player then I can't see many people rushing out to buy a music player as well. 512 MB is more than enough for the majority of customers.
--
Posted: 2005-05-03 18:47:22

parsnip Posts: 386

i see...

Cheers
--
Posted: 2005-06-25 20:29:18
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index