Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : V800 No network Access issues
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > V800 No network Access issues Bookmark topic
Page <  12345678>

Tahir Ally Posts: 106

I was going to buy a V800 in South Africa when it will be available in April 05 but with all these problems my second option will be SHARP 902.I hope these bugs will be fixed soon This message was posted from a P900
--
Posted: 2005-03-27 15:16:45
Edit : Quote

Detellis Posts: 9

Have just updated the firmware to R1S025 through the SEUS but the problem still exists. The customization still reads as:
CDA 102295/7 R20A

As I mentioned, the working V800 that I have borrowed has R30A at the end. It also has the 'GSM/3G networks' option under 'Mobile Networks', although this is set to 'GSM and 3G', not 'GSM only'. I am assuming that the newer customization on this V800 is the reason it works perfectly.

I could send my phone back, but then I will no doubt receive a unit which is set back to factory defaults and I will have lost all of my messages, contacts etc. I am trying to avoid this, it's the sole reason I have put up with this problem for over a month now.

I wonder if SE will eventually change the update service to include this newer customization....

Does anyone know if SETool be used to copy the customization from one phone to another without losing my messages & contacts?

[ This Message was edited by: Detellis on 2005-03-27 20:29 ]
--
Posted: 2005-03-27 21:28:14

Tahir Ally Posts: 106

In South Africa we only have the Motorola E1000 VODAFONE BRANDED.It has problems like whats being mention on this forum with the V800.This could be a VODAFONE BRANDED FAULT This message was posted from a P900
--
Posted: 2005-03-28 21:14:32

Gunslinger Posts: 19

In the ongoing saga of my faulty V800 Vodafone techs now say that there is no problem with the 3G net. So I am now stuck between SE customer service that say that there is nothing wrong with the handset and Voda that say that nothing is wrong with the net.

Wonder if unbranding the phone would fix it...
--
Posted: 2005-03-29 14:58:28

gbrooks3 Posts: > 500

It fixed my No Network problems.......
--
Posted: 2005-03-29 15:21:02

Why does this not surprise me? Not only does Vodas menues look crapy, they have spent more energy on postcards, Live! and what not than they spent on stuff that is actually necessary for the phone to work!

That does it. If I can get my local unbrander to rebrand my V800 if the sh*te doesn't work as a Z800, then I'm going tu unbrand it and, hopefully, live happy ever after.
--
Posted: 2005-03-29 15:54:29

gcchui Posts: 3

Quote:
On 2005-03-29 15:21:02, gbrooks3 wrote:
It fixed my No Network problems.......

u mean 'No network' or 'No access to network'??
--
Posted: 2005-03-29 16:31:26

Bobajobbob Posts: 41

Strange that I shoudl see this thread today having experienced "No Access to Network" last night and this mornign at home. I had come to the conclusion that the phoen was broken in some way and yet this morning as I walk out fo the hosue and around the corner of the street it jumps back to life?!?

Could this be related in some way to Wifi signals or interference from a home appliance? Even as I say that I know it is false because the phone has been fine at home for the past 2 weeks. I can only assume that they were working on an antenna somewhere yesterday which caused the weakened signal but under those circumstances then surely the phone should have logged onto another network?
--
Posted: 2005-03-31 10:35:03

As far as wifi is concerned I don't think that is your problem. The SE tech i spoke to said that they had wifi at their office and nobody had any network issues. Then again they say that they haven't heard of the problem at all...
--
Posted: 2005-03-31 14:29:30

Bobajobbob Posts: 41

Just to add to the comments I made above. I noticed that the problem has carried over to my office also but only to the extent of dropping calls. I do nto have the Network access error but twice in the past couple of minutes I recieved a call and having started the conversation the other party was cut off even though the phoen indicated recpetion was present. I am also in an area of central london where there most definitely isn't an issue with recpetion. It seems to me to be a switching issue between 3G and the normal network and I have selected GSM only for the time being and will see if that helps.
--
Posted: 2005-03-31 16:02:11
Page <  12345678>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home