Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : V800 (Z800) Orange 3G
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > V800 (Z800) Orange 3G Bookmark topic
Page <  12

fatreg Posts: > 500

there normal GPRS settings.

take a trip to http://setup.orange.co.uk and pick Z1010 from the list!!

fatreg
--
Posted: 2005-04-19 20:12:16
Edit : Quote

docchris Posts: 11

I did that it doesnt work see my first post for the description of the problem....
--
Posted: 2005-04-19 23:52:07

Cophia Posts: > 500

I can only speak for Vodafone, but I assume the other networks (including O2 who have learnt their lesson) also do the same by testing each phone on their network. This involves firmware updates (especially where GPRS and 3G data is concerned) on the phone to make them work with Siemens/Nokia/Ericsson base stations and also the backend servers (Sun/Linux etc.) that support the data backbone.

Simple GSM phones were 'mostly' compatible, these new phones with their added functionality require considerable tweeking. You have to select the network you want to use rather than phone nowadays, just like it is in Japan - that phone you have would be called the Vodafone V800 by Sony Ericsson, not the Sony Ericsson V800. Unbranding is no longer without consequences.

If you want to use Orange, best see what phones they support. And if they did support your phone model, wouldn't it be ironic if they required you to update your firmware to Orange's branding to work!

--
Posted: 2005-04-28 02:17:48

docchris Posts: 11

in a word, damn

any other ideas anyone? does nayone have any experience of using your z800/v800 on other neworks? especially as a modem for a pc/pda....
--
Posted: 2005-04-28 08:26:41
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home