Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : P700 is on its way
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > P700 is on its way Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 117118119 ... 128129130>

iqtidar Posts: 292

PK, im just curious, have u got sofia?

--
Posted: 2007-05-02 08:06:50
Edit : Quote

PeterKay Posts: > 500

no sofia, yet.
keep this topic with the p700i.

--
Posted: 2007-05-02 09:06:59

tinaxdgreat Posts: 22

sorry to all you n95 users, yes i am out of line there. . but let me tell you a story why i said that theres nothing special with the n95. i dont own one but have seen and tried one. my two colleagues both bought their phones together at the the same time and the same place and they showed it and let me tried it when they came to office the next day. one guy bought a n95 while the other bought a p535 ppc. they were comparing their phone and telling what features it has. there were three of us listening. i just stood there listening to their explanation. when one of our officemates asks for the price. the first thing i heard, when he told us the price of the n95, was the word "f**k" from one ofr our colleagues and everbody is looking at the n95 owner in silence for a few seconds and then the other one said "well at least it has a very good camera". then one guy said sarcastically " i didnt know you are into photography my friend."
--
Posted: 2007-05-02 09:29:35

sosojerk Posts: 295

Here is what GSM arena says about N95 after a rigorous test:

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n95-review-141p10.php

"Very high price, no competitors

Till today I have never had the courage to name any phone like the best one on the market with clear conscience. But Nokia N95 does deserve this label. It has no adequate competitors on the current mobile market: it is extremely rich in functions, has a comfortable and detailed user interface with plenty of settings, and on the top of it, it is a relatively light and compact.

The most notable drawback of Nokia N95 is its battery life. It will require daily doses of power, unless you limit its usage to occasional calls and messages, deactivate 3G, Wi-Fi, and GPS, and play no videos. In this case you may happen to postpone charging by a couple of days, but is such use worth the purchase of a phone like Nokia N95? The answer is no. Of course, battery life is an individual matter and depends on many factors. Nevertheless we can assure you that during our intensive tests we had no other option but to charge the device sometimes even twice a day.
The first batch of Nokia N95 hit the market at a high price. Even so it was immediately sold out. The main delivery whose price is said to be a bit lower is being expected at the end of April. Anyway, the price remains rather high, perhaps due to the strong customer demand. Nokia N95 may be very expensive, but it also offers a lot and thus keeps attracting numerous prospective buyers. In this sequence of thoughts it is quite probable that in a few months, when the initial ecstasy falls off, the price of the phone will also fall down a bit. Be prepared, however, that drops in price will hardly be significant as Nokia N95 will continue to be the best phone in the world for a while and will thus manage to easily maintain its price. "

SE can only bring P700 on the market which a bit of fixed P990 (having 128 MB RAM instead of 64

[ This Message was edited by: sosojerk on 2007-05-02 09:09 ]
--
Posted: 2007-05-02 10:07:01

scouser_75 Posts: > 500

Guys, I own a Nokia N95 and I must say..... IT IS SH1TE!!!

It has all the gizmos. yes. But, as a phone (and that is primarily what it is supposed to be) it is difficult to use. Nokia seems to have concentrated on gizmos but have forgotten about the real purpose of the phone. SH1TE call quality. SH1TE ease of use. SH1te build. SH1TE headphones.

Now. as PK said. Lets try and stick to P700 talk I know Im trading in my N95
--
Posted: 2007-05-02 10:54:24

tinaxdgreat Posts: 22

On 2007-05-02 10:07:01, sosojerk wrote:
Here is what GSM arena says about N95 after a rigorous test:

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n95-review-141p10.php

"Very high price, no competitors

Till today I have never had the courage to name any phone like the best one on the market with clear conscience. But Nokia N95 does deserve this label. It has no adequate competitors on the current mobile market: it is extremely rich in functions, has a comfortable and detailed user interface with plenty of settings, and on the top of it, it is a relatively light and compact.

The most notable drawback of Nokia N95 is its battery life. It will require daily doses of power, unless you limit its usage to occasional calls and messages, deactivate 3G, Wi-Fi, and GPS, and play no videos. In this case you may happen to postpone charging by a couple of days, but is such use worth the purchase of a phone like Nokia N95? The answer is no. Of course, battery life is an individual matter and depends on many factors. Nevertheless we can assure you that during our intensive tests we had no other option but to charge the device sometimes even twice a day.
The first batch of Nokia N95 hit the market at a high price. Even so it was immediately sold out. The main delivery whose price is said to be a bit lower is being expected at the end of April. Anyway, the price remains rather high, perhaps due to the strong customer demand. Nokia N95 may be very expensive, but it also offers a lot and thus keeps attracting numerous prospective buyers. In this sequence of thoughts it is quite probable that in a few months, when the initial ecstasy falls off, the price of the phone will also fall down a bit. Be prepared, however, that drops in price will hardly be significant as Nokia N95 will continue to be the best phone in the world for a while and will thus manage to easily maintain its price. "

SE can only bring P700 on the market which a bit of fixed P990 (having 128 MB RAM instead of 64

[ This Message was edited by: sosojerk on 2007-05-02 09:09 ]

you might also want to include the user opinions and review on that webpage and what scouser 75 said above... i find the reviews from websites very helpful. it explains to you what a certain phone can do... but i also read reviews from the users and most often the user reviews are the most honest reviews you can have.

[ This Message was edited by: tinaxdgreat on 2007-05-02 10:13 ]
--
Posted: 2007-05-02 11:05:37

cornegg Posts: 6

The good reason for comparing N95 to P700 is precisely the price - if P700 comes at 500 Euros (=cca the price of N95), then everybody will buy N95 instead of it. If it comes at the price of E61 (350 Euros), then it has a chance. Well, I´m really looking forward, hope it will be reasonably priced by Christmas...
--
Posted: 2007-05-02 15:32:46

bedull Posts: 41

Guys, I think we better stick with the P700 discussion ??
--
Posted: 2007-05-02 16:50:15

>500 Posts: > 500

the p700 'could' be lauched at €500, who knows. but it will drop fast if it is

[ This Message was edited by: >500 on 2007-05-02 16:30 ]
--
Posted: 2007-05-02 16:51:28

ITstudent Posts: 23

but how many Euro are 350GBP???
--