Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Huge Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2007
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Huge Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2007 Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 121314 ... 758759760>

>500 Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2006-11-07 13:12:06, shaliron wrote:
Update:
two: M600 successor and W950 with a camera.

im guessing these phones will be similar again....both will have cameras, welll unless only the w950 update does and the new m600 comes with wifi and no cam????
they should just intergrate the 2 models into 1 i think.....

--
Posted: 2006-11-07 14:07:10
Edit : Quote

arj2442 Posts: 308

I jst hope we see more High End Phones from SE this year as i have been so dissapointed with the range of high end phones produced by them in 2006.

They should be getting back to basics and putting all of their best features in 3 or 4 phones with different form factors...so a candy bar, slide and clamshell with 3.2 - 5mp cams, good walkmans players...3g..wi fi...just a good selection of good phones, rather than this year when if you didnt get the k800, you had to suffer for either..a standard 2mp non auto focus camera..or an older walkman...or less memory.

its just plain stupid, birng out a few top phones then people will have a choice of what they want!

Alex
--
Posted: 2006-11-07 19:50:43

vrl29 Posts: 305

Quote:
Who said UIQ is dead? Any sources?

UIQ won't disappear anytime soon, as bought it already. see this article.
--
Posted: 2006-11-08 02:22:08

shaliron Posts: > 500

Quote:
They should be getting back to basics and putting all of their best features in 3 or 4 phones with different form factors...so a candy bar, slide and clamshell with 3.2 - 5mp cams, good walkmans players...3g..wi fi...just a good selection of good phones, rather than this year when if you didnt get the k800, you had to suffer for either..a standard 2mp non auto focus camera..or an older walkman...or less memory.

But really, they make more money this way. Sales have gone up this year more than ever, so their strategy is working. What's wrong with a company making money?
Now it gives us consumers more choice than ever, and really, TBH high end phones don't sell nearly as well as mid range phones.

How many N93s have been sold realistically as a percentage of total mobile sales?
--
Posted: 2006-11-08 04:56:29

Paparazzi Posts: 37

Quote:
On 2006-11-07 13:12:06, shaliron wrote:
Update:
We think we know at least two: M600 successor and W950 with a camera.
Certainly hope the M600 successor has wifi this time round ... camera ... well, don't know ... if it sthere good, else, never mind!
--
Posted: 2006-11-08 12:32:10

goldenface Posts: > 500

See what I don't understand is hasn't really got a true multimedia device - one with good , and true imaging and video.

The nearest is the P990i which is a business handheld, and the good old W900i which is a bit long in the tooth now but still very capable.

There is a huge gap for such a device and its long overdue.

Why are we waiting, why are we waiting........?
--
Posted: 2006-11-08 14:13:43

Update:
The time between announcement and release date for UIQ phones will be very little from now on.

That's really good news, considering the whole P990 fiasco.

And a true multimedia device is not SE's aim anymore. They just want sales now, but I sure hope that they build an Ultimate series for true high end phones, like the N95. I can only imagine that if this were to happen though, that it would cost a bomb.
--
Posted: 2006-11-09 05:43:52

cristiano Posts: > 500

shaliron
pleas when add sothign in the first place
mark it by somthing
so when i come to read it i know whot is new
sorry for my english
--
Posted: 2006-11-09 12:08:40

goldenface Posts: > 500

According to a recent interview there are more high-end handsets on the way for 2007 with UIQ featuring as the OS. UIQ will eventually migrate from high-end to mid range devices as more devices become available.

Also will be getting more leverage from the Sony brands next year. Doesn't say which or if new brands will appear on handsets.

Quote:"We were the first out (with UIQ) and we are broadening the (UIQ) portfolio," said Jan. This was echoed by Mats who said, "We are really working heavily on increasing our product portfolio in UIQ. Next year you will see more products and we will offer more and a wider product portfolio and we are really focusing on UIQ as a platform........

"

Quote:"On the subject of significant volumes of UIQ phones from mid market devices Mats was less forthcoming, although he did point out that "to make them (UIQ phones) crappy is not the way to success". He then sighted Moore's Law and some of the improvements this will bring in the next couple of years, suggesting that Sony Ericsson was not perusing an "at all costs" migration of UIQ to the mid-range. Rather Sony Ericsson would maintain UIQ as the basis of flagship products and migrate to the mid range as the components became available to enable this without compromising the user experience."

May be this is why we haven't seen many high-end devices appear of late. UIQ is being prepped for them.

It would be nice if someone could filter out any more info from the presentation on this site - its by Jan Wareby anc Co.

http://brighttalk.com/comm/sony/301a2255d9-2162-550-1955

There is quite a few interesting subjects. I don't have the facility at the moment.

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2006-11-09 11:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2006-11-09 11:56 ]
--
Posted: 2006-11-09 12:38:36

Well we know of three UIQ handsets for next year. The M600 successor, the W950 with a camera which leaves us with the mystery Handycam phone which is rumoured to be UIQ.
I guess this might mean the the Handycam could be the first 'mainstream' UIQ phone.
--
Posted: 2006-11-10 04:46:14
Page <  123 ... 121314 ... 758759760>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home