Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : P700 is on its way
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > P700 is on its way Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 121122123 ... 128129130>

voda_jon Posts: > 500

i gotta agree with MIB on the RAM issue...

as long as u effectively monitor the apps u have open and when u exit a program u exit it properly then a user will get fine with 20mb and over...

I have my E61i... which runs between 17-23Mb of RAM depending on what is running in the background...

Now, not once in the last 3 weeks of owning the handset has it quoted a memory issue or restarted or frozen for any amount of time... Why? Well its simple... I exit programs (the only time i multi task is listening to music whilst browsin the net) properly and use a proper task manager prog...

At the end of the day the P700i will sell very well amongst its fans and will prob pick up many new comers to the smartphone arena... Same as the N95 and other 'smart' phones have done...

Only time AND users will tell if this phone is as good as its turning out to be!

Now lets put this little flame war to pot and carry on discussing the P700i...

J.
--
Posted: 2007-05-04 18:27:12
Edit : Quote

ares Posts: > 500

voda jon, i live with even less than that on the P990, and M600/W950 users have a bit more...right now we all multitask, but having 80mb free RAM all the time would be just another level of experience...in any Symbian device

i am not saying the P700 is superior to the n95, it just has its own strengths, that make it special

http://pbase.com/ares - photography by ares aka antonioj

[ This Message was edited by: ares on 2007-05-04 17:37 ]
--
Posted: 2007-05-04 18:34:35

Jah Posts: > 500

N95 - no office apps to create files, read only. N95 RAM is an issue, if you use apps and forget to close them down. M600 keyboard, me, is much easier to use for data entry then the N95's keypad. Touch screen and wheel when used together make it easier to navigate - N95 does not have these. But as I have N95 I know it has some fantastic features. Also some of you forgot to mention that the line out on the N95 is noisy - never had this problem with my SE phones.
--
Posted: 2007-05-04 18:37:22

voda_jon Posts: > 500

@ares... i know an i hope tha both companies will c the benefit from improved memory management and RAM amounts and continue the adding of more RAM to each new model lol...

I gotta agree about the qwerty keypads though... I've been using an E61 for over a year and have just upgraded 2 weeks ago to an E61i as the full qwerty keypad makes txtin and emails a lot lot easy!!!

@Jah...

If u purchase the full quick office app u can edit... u can also get free apps that allow u to do this...

RAM is a big issue on the N95 but firmware updates will address this just like the P990i firmware updates have done...

And the comment about touchscreen and jog dial is a little far fetched... Its completely down to the user and what they are used to using...

J.
--
Posted: 2007-05-04 18:49:02

Dogmann Posts: > 500

Hi Jah,

Your right they are so quite you couldn't possibly hear them, lol but as i have said all this comparison BS is just so pointless. Why we can't just all accept that no device is perfect and only what it offers each individual decides if it is the best for them or not based on their preferences.

We can argue if a device has faults or is lacking but that may still be the best device for some if not all.

Ares you just can't bare to hear a criticism of any SE device ever, you take it so personally and then insult people whilst claiming that is what they are doing to you and it's not just here either is it.

Ares chill it is you that is always hostile maybe once you could just agree to disagree with some one without accusing them of things or suggesting they are stupid or insulting them. When this is exactly what you are doing for pity's sake grow up. If there is award for ESATO'S most argumentative and conflict inducing member you win it easily no contest.

Marc

--
Posted: 2007-05-04 18:58:01

@voda jon

I am giving you my view on navigation based on my experience. I use: P800, P900, P910, P990, M600, W950, Nok 9500, Nok 7710, Nok N95, XDA Exec and Clie TH55. Quick Office with write capability is not included with the N95. While with the E90 Quick Office that can create documents is included. RAM is an issue on the P990 as well - I know as I had one of he first retail units in the UK. I have been caught out by the RAM issue on the N95 - I now have the latest firmware. Noticed that you did not mention the line out problem.

[ This Message was edited by: Jah on 2007-05-04 18:39 ]
--
Posted: 2007-05-04 19:38:14

dr.W Posts: 100

I don't know if the P700 will be the phone for me, I think I'd prefer a communicator or slider type phone to get a larger keyboard. I do know that while the N95 may be a great phone there are a lot of people who don't really care about all the features it has. For me at least, I need to be able to respond to emails and edit office docs on my phone. I rarely, if ever, have time to watch a video on my phone and on the also rare occassions when I need to use my phone as a camera I don't really care if it is 5 megapixel or 3, I'm not going to print 8x10 photos. Besides camera phones are a long way from replacing real cameras, you just can't put an adequately sized sensor in their to justify the high megapixel count, and there is no optical zoom.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who don't need to send a lot of emails or edit office docs and have time to watch videos and enjoy the multimedia funtions of the N95. For those people this may be the perfect phone. But that does not mean it is the perfect phone for everyone, there is no such thing. However, if Nokia or SE or anyone made a slimmer and shorter version of the E90 with a touch screen that would come awfully close. I could even live without the touchscreen on a phone like that.
--
Posted: 2007-05-04 19:38:33

@Dogmann

Like others, just sharing my experience based on actual usage...

Line out problem - suggest you check the forums that discuss the N95, its not just me that has noticed this. Thw N95 has superb sound reproduction, better then any SE phone. But why did Nokia add the line out noise?

[ This Message was edited by: Jah on 2007-05-04 18:46 ]
--
Posted: 2007-05-04 19:41:14

ares Posts: > 500

@Doggman, whatever...repeating a lie 1000x won´t make it truth...people know you already...
--
Posted: 2007-05-04 19:44:46

Marc_SE Posts: > 500

Well my mate has loaned me his one for the weekend (whilst I'm up in bonnie Scotland for a wedding).

Will be trying to put it through it's paces (if I get a chance).

Any questions - pls feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them.
--
Posted: 2007-05-04 19:53:46
Page <  123 ... 121122123 ... 128129130>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home