Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : P700 is on its way
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > P700 is on its way Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 122123124 ... 128129130>

londonlad123 Posts: > 500

Exactly people should decide which phones is for them. For me it has to be the p700 over the n95 because I could do with the qwerty, not worried to touch the touchscreen, its the quickest input and hope for a better battery life than the n95 has. I tried to download the nokia maps of england 90mb for my n95 and the waiting time was 5000 hours and counting, maybe their server crashed? Apart from the battery life its a phone with very high standards and quality.

But I would rather have a qwerty and se's 3.2mpix than nokias 5mpix and have a bigger touchscreen than 16m colours. I still need to download the maps but I don't think I need gps or hsdpa (gprs/wifi combi and a plain maps app is fine), especially if instead I have longer battery life.

This is what I think se is going for and its a good idea.

Shame uiq3 is quite crap, especially the music and radio players in it.
--
Posted: 2007-05-04 19:58:21
Edit : Quote

Caspa Posts: > 500

On 2007-05-04 19:53:46, Marc_SE wrote:
Well my mate has loaned me his one for the weekend (whilst I'm up in bonnie Scotland for a wedding).

Will be trying to put it through it's paces (if I get a chance).

Any questions - pls feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them.

With Marc SE's post lets get back to the P700!

No specific tests or anything, would just like your overall opinion after using for the weekend mate! Little mini review if you get time would be good!

Also, nice one for the firmware info in your earlier post, most important bit of info in this thread for a long while!!!
--
Posted: 2007-05-04 20:08:37

PeterKay Posts: > 500

On 2007-05-04 19:53:46, Marc_SE wrote:
Well my mate has loaned me his one for the weekend (whilst I'm up in bonnie Scotland for a wedding).

Will be trying to put it through it's paces (if I get a chance).

Any questions - pls feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them.

Marc, quick question:
I couldn't find many negatives on the P700i in the short time i had it, have you found anything that you can share with us all!

--
Posted: 2007-05-04 20:10:35

Bambino Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2007-05-04 18:02:59, mib1800 wrote:

On 2007-05-04 10:50:02, ares wrote:

1. N95 has faster and better CPU

Ehm? Do anyone know what processor used by p700.
I hope not crappy hell NEXPERIA 208mhz

[ This Message was edited by: nokiamaniax on 2007-05-04 20:39 ]
--
Posted: 2007-05-04 20:16:00

Marc_SE Posts: > 500

One thing I've noticed so far - and this is almost DEFINITELY to do with pre-release firmware: the camera doesn't always work as expected when fired up. Sometimes the screen shows a dark image or one with a purple haze.

Got to Tulloch Castle Hotel in Dingwall, nr Inverness a few hours ago and switched the WiFi on, found 3 networks within a few seconds.

The theme on here already looks really nice with the iPhone icons (same as in the pictures I posted at the weekend).

The status light at the bottom is very useful! I've got the handset in my backpack with the charger/light pointing up at me. Light flickers quickly if there are any messages to read.

Not sure about the lanyard bit - the 'eye' for the lanyard ruins the straight line of the left edge. Not sure why they couldn't have a flush design instead.
--
Posted: 2007-05-04 20:31:19

Dogmann Posts: > 500

Hi Jah and all,

I am not a fan of sliders and had no intention of ever getting a N95 not enough of a change from my now sold N93, sorry maybe my joke was in bad taste but is that not a big compliant on the UIQ3 devices or so i had read. I really can't comment on how bad this problem is or isn't but whilst some have this complaint many others don't and are more than happy with the sound. Some have problems with sliders or screens also i have heard but some have no problems just part of the perils of being an early adopter and something nearly all devices seem afflicted with none seem to be all perfect.

Ares i really do wish you would practice what you preach and yes you are so right as my Pm's from people hold the same opinion of you as i do and we all can't be wrong, Can we??

You see Ares you never answer or quantify your statements the only thing you do is divert to other problems as a smoke screen and then play hard done by. Poor poor Ares as for you not bothering with me again please stop saying it and just do it as i really am finding you extremely tedious and boring so go away and grow up and stop spitting your dummy out you child.
As it appears you can't act like a grown up and accept anyone else's point of view if it differs from yours, in fact you can't even accept facts if they don't support you how very sad really.

Have you considered seeking professional help you could certainly benefit from some.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-05-04 19:38 ]
--
Posted: 2007-05-04 20:36:13

makbil Posts: > 500

On 2007-05-04 18:58:01, Dogmann wrote:
... Why we can't just all accept that no device is perfect and only what it offers each individual decides if it is the best for them or not based on their preferences.

We can argue if a device has faults or is lacking but that may still be the best device for some if not all.

Marc

This more or less sums it up. Sure, there will be fans of each make and model but eventually it is our habits and preferences that determine which is best for us. We have to accept that there may be others who think otherwise, which is fine. It doesn't mean that we are wrong or they are wrong. A little respect and tolerance goes a long way...
--
Posted: 2007-05-04 21:12:58

deuxani Posts: > 500

As a reaction to "One of my questions will be why is it called P700i!"...... rog over at M-R replyed with "Don't have to ask that question, it will not be called like this"!!!! I trust rog for the full 100%.... so it won't be called P700i after all... how strange.

--
Posted: 2007-05-05 00:22:56

PeterKay Posts: > 500

ummm, interesting!

--
Posted: 2007-05-05 00:29:59

masseur Posts: > 500

What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
William Shakespeare

--
Posted: 2007-05-05 00:32:47
Page <  123 ... 122123124 ... 128129130>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home