Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Leaked: Sony Ericsson C905 (codename: Shiho)
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Leaked: Sony Ericsson C905 (codename: Shiho) Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 171819 ... 282930>

Dextrr Posts: 279

Mizzle:

I appreciate the answer. Good to know the noise is fixable. If all goes well this will be a hell of a handset.

norbi_nw:

Are you saying noise is 'hardware' related?
--
Posted: 2008-06-12 20:38:33
Edit : Quote

norbi_nw Posts: > 500

i download the full size picture from both phones i want to compare. I open it with windows picture viewer, and press the actual size button, or zoom into objects im interested in with the scroll. do the same with both pictures, and then i press the fullscreen mode, to see an overview of the picture. Do you do more that that? Is that not enough? I believe it is.
--
Posted: 2008-06-12 20:39:15

Mizzle Posts: > 500

On 2008-06-12 20:39:15, norbi_nw wrote:
i download the full size picture from both phones i want to compare. I open it with windows picture viewer, and press the actual size button, or zoom into objects im interested in with the scroll. do the same with both pictures, and then i press the fullscreen mode, to see an overview of the picture. Do you do more that that? Is that not enough? I believe it is.

Yes, now you're looking at the right size, but then there's something wrong with your image of quality or your monitor. SE's details in this one are better than anything out there.

Dextrr,

Of course it's fixable. Just do a google for "noise reduction", and you'll end up with tons of methods and software for just that.

[ This Message was edited by: Mizzle on 2008-06-12 19:42 ]
--
Posted: 2008-06-12 20:41:06

I don't really know this like an expert, but i have read about it here and there, ...and noise is from the sensor. Driver only masks the noise with a filter, that will also remove details. Nokia's error is the oversharpened thing. too much software sharpening.

P.S. I wasnt talking about this new phone. That was my first impression: it looks sharp and full of noise. It's good for me. I was comparing nokia to SE . If i would like nokia, i'd have a n95, but as i said it before, not all pictures look good with it. In fact i dont like it at all. But i admit that in some situations it is good. the end

[ This Message was edited by: norbi_nw on 2008-06-12 19:53 ]
--
Posted: 2008-06-12 20:43:24

On 2008-06-12 20:43:24, norbi_nw wrote:
I don't really know this like an expert, but i have read about it here and there, ...and noise is from the sensor. Driver only masks the noise with a filter, that will also remove details. Nokia's error is the oversharpened thing. too much software sharpening.

No, that's mainly Sony Ericsson's problem - the over-sharpening. Nokia's problem is partly the sharpening, but also a combination of compression artifacts and blurring of large amounts of details.
--
Posted: 2008-06-12 20:49:36

yup, thats why u "don't see the noise". Software removes it with the details. And about SE oversharpening.. I hate to use the xenon on my k810 because then pictures look like paintings.
--
Posted: 2008-06-12 20:57:42

fullforce Posts: > 500

Will the C905 have at least the walkman 3.0 player?
--
Posted: 2008-06-12 21:26:14

mario2004 Posts: > 500

Nokia is using a higher jpeg compression ratio then other manufacturer. Lots of the noise Mizzle is trying to hi-light is because of this.The thing is that jpeg compression artefacts are fairly well understood while random noise (as comes from se camera sensor) is not. The printing algorithms can handle a certain amount of jpeg 'noise',unfortunately it fails when it comes to random noise. That explains why nokia is where they are and se is (well, let me better stop here) I sincerely hope, they will bounce back with this device. Keep in mind thou - the N95,although good in its own right, won't be the C905's competition. In a month or 2 we'll see where the 'bar' will stand. And what about the video recording? Is it half hi-def or only 640x480 @ 30fps ? One thing for sure: is neighter s60 nor wm6 compatible. (well at least size wise it is , minus the screen)
--
Posted: 2008-06-12 21:33:11

crossmatched Posts: > 500

@norbi

It's too premature to pass judgement over a proto unit's camera output. Moreover, it it's unfair too to compare a proto w/ a commercial unit..

The nokia vs SE imaging is a long debate mate. Just put it this way: in the era of vga, 1.3mp, 2mp, 3.2mp camfones, which brand set the standard? Which brand was the leader and which was the follower? I know we all know here in esato whats the answer. nokia may have won the 5mp throne but imo thats the first and last time they will do it.
(Thats how big my faith in SE is) Btw, shiho takes great pics for a proto unit.

--
Posted: 2008-06-12 21:40:41

On 2008-06-12 21:33:11, mario2004 wrote:
Nokia is using a higher jpeg compression ratio then other manufacturer. Lots of the noise Mizzle is trying to hi-light is because of this.The thing is that jpeg compression artefacts are fairly well understood while random noise (as comes from se camera sensor) is not. The printing algorithms can handle a certain amount of jpeg 'noise',unfortunately it fails when it comes to random noise. That explains why nokia is where they are and se is (well, let me better stop here) I sincerely hope, they will bounce back with this device. Keep in mind thou - the N95,although good in its own right, won't be the C905's competition. In a month or 2 we'll see where the 'bar' will stand. And what about the video recording? Is it half hi-def or only 640x480 @ 30fps ? One thing for sure: is neighter s60 nor wm6 compatible. (well at least size wise it is , minus the screen)

Nokia uses one of the worst JPEG compression ratios, yes.

Regarding your question, why don't you just open your eyes and read?? It's been posted everywhere.
--
Posted: 2008-06-12 21:49:52
Page <  123 ... 171819 ... 282930>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home