Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Leaked: Sony Ericsson C905 (codename: Shiho)
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Leaked: Sony Ericsson C905 (codename: Shiho) Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 192021 ... 282930>

ayejatt Posts: > 500

finally a phone with a 'japanese' feel to it
quite like the design and the features it boast.
hopefully it would be out by the time for my upgrade
--
Posted: 2008-06-13 01:45:22
Edit : Quote

mario2004 Posts: > 500

@sony Yes,I question him because I am longer then you on this forum and I still remember clearly the hype Mizzle created with the k850i,how good and perfect the phone is and how bad nokia is and how much money se is going to make and all that bull. By doing so he created a falls sens for the se fans and when the 'true' k850i come out all went 'ballistic', trying to defend the impossible. He is not unbiased. He should replace the words 'it will' with 'maybe' and 'lets hope'. On the other hand - yes,I do thank him for the 'discovery and enlightement'.
--
Posted: 2008-06-13 02:02:43

Dextrr Posts: 279

On 2008-06-13 02:02:43, mario2004 wrote:
@sony Yes,I question him because I am longer then you on this forum and I still remember clearly the hype Mizzle created with the k850i,how good and perfect the phone is and how bad nokia is and how much money se is going to make and all that bull. By doing so he created a falls sens for the se fans and when the 'true' k850i come out all went 'ballistic', trying to defend the impossible. He is not unbiased. He should replace the words 'it will' with 'maybe' and 'lets hope'. On the other hand - yes,I do thank him for the 'discovery and enlightement'.

I remember those days too!
--
Posted: 2008-06-13 02:28:58

Sony α Posts: > 500

On 2008-06-13 02:02:43, mario2004 wrote:

Mario,

Thank you for your 'I have a bigger (blank) than you' comment. Yes, you have been here longer than I - so for that, congratulations.

Now, im not Mizzle's benefactor here - but what needs to be spelt out for member such as yourself, is that while not everything Mizzle reports turns out to be the final word - he's damn close.

With regards to the C905 - I think we all agree (apart from PlankGatan - although I respect the fact that he has produced some smashing shots with his K850i, so well done to him), the K850i was a flawed piece of kit - that Sony Ericsson did not execute well at all.

Add to that - that the K850i was developed solely by Ericsson AB of Sweden.

Now the C905, which has been CO-DEVELOPED with Sony Corp. of Japan (who incidentally are the other half of the marriage we know as Sony Ericsson) - is the NON JPN cousin of the SO905iCS (Developed solely by Sony Corp) - which I use on a daily basis, and can say is an absolute top notch device!

Now, providing Sony Corp. of Japan have a word on the development of this device right up to market, rest assured you will have a Cyber-shot revolution.

There will be nothing to compete.

Just to drive the point home - the S700i was a Sony Ericsson handset developed for the NON JPN mkt, by Sony Corp. of Japan. It was the class leader for a VERY long time and is still a respected device.

Yep, you've been here longer than I - but Mario, If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten - so don't doubt Mizzle as you always have - or indeed, you will get what you've always gotten.

imaging.like.no.other

www.mypumas.net

Sony PlayStation 3 ID:

mypumas

[ This Message was edited by: Sony α on 2008-06-13 10:59 ]
--
Posted: 2008-06-13 02:34:11

razec Posts: > 500

mizzle, the details are simply unbelievable for a CMOS 8mp phone - and i was very impressed with that however i pray for SE to use BeiBei(G702)'s color reproduction processing for the Shiho(C905). once this was done, for sure they'll(SE) win this round. not to mention that SE is going to be the first to announce an 8mp cam phone in europe.
--
Posted: 2008-06-13 05:15:27

xumdeo Posts: 498

won't be as easy as you think, to simply migrate a phone's imaging alogrithm to another phone with a completely different camera module

concerning the optics, even without the CZ brand, sony is capable of making lenses with comparable quality, only that they will not get certified by CZ. (cybershot CZ lens comes from the same factory as non=CZ lens, just that the process is certified and stamped by CZ that's it, it's different from the made-in-germany CZ lens you buy for SLR's) the question is whether they would aim to put such a great lens in it
1. cost (diseconomies of scale: to produce 1 kind of lens for 1 flagship phone for 1 year only) if you noticed how branded N95's were pre-loaded with so much regional crap, that's part of the reason how they got subsidy and support from operators, that's not something se would normally do, at least not for a non-smartphone, it's hard.
2. size limitations
3. phones generally have to go through harsher drop tests than DC, there's only so much glass in certain shapes it can hold between those plastic and to keep it in a reasonable small unit

[ This Message was edited by: xumdeo on 2008-06-13 04:34 ]
--
Posted: 2008-06-13 05:29:05

razec Posts: > 500

On 2008-06-13 05:29:05, xumdeo wrote:
won't be as easy as you think, to simply migrate a phone's imaging alogrithm to another phone with a completely different camera module

Yep i know that but anyway nokia has done it already. we do remember the very punchy color reproduction of N73 before and Nokia applied that with the N95 later on so if a company with not much expertise in imaging like nokia manages to migrate things like this, then it'll be more possible for SE(with the help of Sony of course) to apply the same thing as well
--
Posted: 2008-06-13 05:36:22

jepherberich Posts: 473

Amazing how this thread went from C905 discussion to Nokia vs and Mizzle vs everyone else cmon, ease up people, I don't want to see the day vs Nokia fanboys duke it out like Windows and Mac users

So let me put it in the simplest way I can: I think it's already common knowledge that while Nokia *theoretically* has better lenses because of the CZ stamp, the processing that goes into the snaps (be it N73, N82, N95) tend to over-exaggerate the colors, not to mention considerable sharpness is dropped in favor of noise reduction. The approach of on the other hand, is to opt for more noise if that means sharper and cleaner lines, and leave the noise reduction to the end user if that's what he wants. The latter is what I, and what my more photography-inclined friends prefer. The C905 proto cam exemplifies this premise very much.

Again, to each his own, but to put it simply: what my lenses capture on film (or in this case, on M2! ), I'd prefer that it be as close to real-life as possible. The colors may be dull; there might be more noise than there could ever be in a room filled with 2-year olds (thanks to the previous poster who coined that phrase; very entertaining), but if that gives me clearer lines and more accurate colors, I'm all for it, and let noise reduction software take care of the rest. People should really know how to batch-process before whining how all of this should be taken care of by the phone already. We're not quite there yet where we can strike a balance on the technology that's available, and the aesthetics of the final device. The N95 might take the best pictures for all I care, but I can't justify carrying all that bulk everywhere. This is where the C905 looks to have struck another goldmine.

Sorry, long rant
--
Posted: 2008-06-13 06:57:29

norbi_nw Posts: > 500

what can i say, you are right.
The SO905CS isn't really a top notch phone. I have seen some samples, and my k810 or k750i can do better :/. But ofc the sharpness in this new 905 is good. So problem is: noise (if there is so much noise in daylight pic with iso80, i wounder what happens with iso400 or 800 0_0), color, and last but not least something's wront with the white balance. Thats what my k810i first looked like. Horrible experience. And that is my worst nightmare to have another phone that produces that white filter and glowing white on pictures. And what is that smart contrast? BTW is it using the Exmor CMOS sensor???

[ This Message was edited by: norbi_nw on 2008-06-13 06:45 ]
--
Posted: 2008-06-13 07:44:19

sunils120 Posts: 480

does anybody know what smart contrast is?
--
Posted: 2008-06-13 08:11:31
Page <  123 ... 192021 ... 282930>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home