Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Sony Ericsson W850i?
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Ericsson W850i? Bookmark topic
Page <  123

Xugaa Posts: > 500

because the 'w' series is aimed at the music, hence walkman branded. where as the 'k' series is aimed at the camera, hence cyber-shot branded. the 'k' series does not have the walkman music abilities of the 'w' series, so why should the 'w' series have the 'k' series' camera abilities...?

also a walkman phone with the same camera or better than the k800/k790 would not only compete with each other, but also possibly draw people away from the 'k' series...

the 'w' series may be the music phones to have, but if they had the real great camera's as well there would be no need for the 'cyber-shot' branded phones, which i think would be stupid.

when the 'k' series moves from 3.2mp to 4mp or something, thats when i think and would be wisest to give the 'w' series a 3.2mp camera. also they've now officially branded the 'k' series the cyber-shot series and the 'w' series walkman, so the cyber-shot phones woudl not be so cyber-shot if music phones could do the same or better. also some may say why not a walkman/cyber-shot phone, because the walkman music phones looks etc don't seem to suit the more amazing photo camera fans needs, well me anyway.

though i must say that first picture of a photoshopped k790 in white witha walkman logo did look nice! whether or not i could live with it always i don't know, i like my professional black looks, hence the 'k' series...

[ This Message was edited by: Xugaa on 2006-05-16 18:54 ]
--
Posted: 2006-05-16 19:49:59
Edit : Quote

fatreg Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2006-05-16 19:49:59, Xugaa wrote:

also a walkman phone with the same camera or better than the k800/k790 would not only compete with each other, but also possibly draw people away from the 'k' series...

the 'w' series may be the music phones to have, but if they had the real great camera's as well there would be no need for the 'cyber-shot' branded phones, which i think would be stupid.

ermmm..

K750i and W800i, same cam exactly are they not??

didnt draw too much attention away from the K750i.

fatreg
--
Posted: 2006-05-16 20:31:57

Xugaa Posts: > 500

For all the people that don't understand...

If sony ericsson were to give the walkman (w series) phones the same camera abilities as the cyber shot (k series) phones, then they would have to give the cyber shot (k) series the same walkman abilities as the walkman (w) series...

K series (Cyber-Shot) = Camera

W series (Walkman) = Music
--
Posted: 2006-05-17 20:44:30

ayejatt Posts: > 500

The NEW w850i is here!!

http://www.sonyericsson.com/s[....]10447&zone=pp&lm=pp1&pid=10447
--
Posted: 2006-05-18 12:32:19

masseur Posts: > 500