Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Toshiba G900 - TyTN Killer
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Toshiba G900 - TyTN Killer Bookmark topic
Page <  123

Dogmann Posts: > 500

@ljf881

I really think you need to realise that people that buy this type of device are not really bothered by the weight factor it's functionality seriously outweighs any weight disadvantage.

If you look at all the devices in what i would class as a professional users device they all are heavier then a normal smart phone but then you only have to look at the advanced specs and functionality to understand why this is so.

These really are not your average smart phone but fully functional business orientated devices. IMO people that buy this type of device do so for it's advanced functionality and are happy to accept the extra weight for what it can do. Which is why IMO people who criticize devices like this or the Toshiba G900 or Nokia E90 because of how heavy they are fail to realise that weight over functionality will never be a deciding factor for users in this sector of the market.

Also as i posted on the previous page i really do think it is a shame that Toshiba seem to have so many problems with the G900 as IMO that really does have a tremendous spec and could of been a real rival for the TYTN especially with the screen it has but currently seems to be plagued with problems, just proving that any manfactuer can have problems with newly launched devices and they will be judged on how quickly they ae able to resolve these issues.

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-09-12 10:35 ]
--
Posted: 2007-09-12 11:30:25
Edit : Quote

masseur Posts: > 500

to be honest I hadn't noticed the weight of my TyTN II and even holding it in one hand and my P1 in the other I can only just feel the difference.

to me a small weight difference like this is not important, its bulk that puts me off and actually the slimmed down TyTN II is comparable in length and width (almost no difference) and just a tad thicker, but not enough to put me off as the original TyTN did eventually. Indeed I can put the TyTN in my trouser pocket comfortably which is something I could not do with the original and this means I no longer have to wear a belt case all the time and I'm happy about that too!
--
Posted: 2007-09-12 11:41:24

ljf881 Posts: 105

IMHO weight is a factor for the smartphone I choose. But I can't speak for everybody.
E-Tens x800 is 146 gram...but without a physical keyboard. I bet a lot of people still thinks the weight is more important than the keyboard...and therefore the weight should be mentioned.
--
Posted: 2007-09-12 12:31:00
Page <  123

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home