Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Unnamed 5MP Motorola slider revealed
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Unnamed 5MP Motorola slider revealed Bookmark topic
Page <  123

aksd Posts: > 500

@Prom

THe LJ/MotoMAGX platform is still being worked on to support 3G, as far as I know they've got it running on test boards. All 3G/UMTS phones will be UIQ based for a while.

I dont think Motorola are going to steal anything from Android. THey're working on LiMo together with a few other phone maufacturers. THe Ming 2 is basically a chinese phone, no idea about it, although it deifnately does'nt support 3G and still uses a 7 year old UI, EZX based on the 2.4 kernel.

I've had a chance to check out the latest MotoMAGX SDK and let me tell you it is impressive. THey've got a new framework called WebUI that allows quick development of plugin type apps, that interfaces Java script based apps to Native API's. The Native SDK also is going to come out some time this month or the next, the A200 platfrom looks quite dated compared to it, except for the lack of 3G which of course is an issue.

MotoMAGX will conform to LiMo standards by the end of the year, therefore porting apps between LiMo handsets wont be much of an issue.
--
Posted: 2008-06-03 05:16:59
Edit : Quote
Page <  123

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home