Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : New Sony Ericsson mobiles
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > New Sony Ericsson mobiles Bookmark topic
Page <  1234567>

*Jojo* Posts: > 500

@lembo - Looks like a the successor of the S700i mate

@govigov - Maybe dude . . .
--
Posted: 2005-01-05 15:05:06
Edit : Quote

mmsman Posts: > 500

and about cmos and ccd, i think that no one can actually say what is better, the ccd sensor in s700i is good for a mobile phone but is it good just because it's a ccd sensor? if so why are sagem my-x8 pics crap? in my opinion they are even worse than v800 pics and x8 uses a ccd sensor while v800 is cmos.
there are quite a lot of articles comparing the two technologies and i can't find a single one that says ccd is a clear winner.
i would say that cmos is maybe even better for mobile phones considering the battery if it's properly made,
and about normal digital cameras, yes most of them are ccd, but most of them are compact cameras, canon which is one of the best if not the best camera companies in the world uses cmos sensors for their high end professional cameras,
canon 1Ds which is in my opinion one of the best professional cameras currently available uses a 11 mp cmos sensor,
really, i don't see the problem in technology but in space (you can't really fit a big sensor in it) and in lenses, canon eos d300 gives far better results with it's 6mp cmos sensor that f828 with it's 8mp sensor, but that's again the difference between dslr and compact cameras....
--
Posted: 2005-01-05 15:22:13

scotsboyuk Posts: > 500

@ljf881

SE have only recently released the V800, so another 3G handest so quickly is unlikely in my opinion. However, SE might release a budget 3G handset, which wouldn't be direct competition for the V800 and would actually enable them to increase their 3G market share.
--
Posted: 2005-01-05 15:29:51

HjJ Posts: 185

@scotsboyuk:

The V800 is sold only through Vodafone. That means there is only one 3G phone for everybody else; the Z1010. This is no way to serve a market that is accustomed to having a choice between T2xx, K500, K700, S700, P9xx on GSM.

I therefore believe we can expect several new 3G phones in the coming months.

--
Posted: 2005-01-05 16:06:59

Vlammetje Posts: > 500

what needs for that is a larger pool of operators offering 3G to the public though.
--
Posted: 2005-01-05 16:07:52

@HiJ

Vlamm's point is spot on; of the three 3G networks in the UK, SE provide a 3G model to two of them. No manufacturer has released many 3G handsets so far, SE have released two of the, if the not the best, 3G handsets, they are already amongst the top 3G manufacturers.

The V800 is not exclusive to Vodafone forever, it will eventually be released on other networks. SE doesn't release as many handsets as othe rmanufacturers and I don't see their 3G division being any different.
--
Posted: 2005-01-06 00:16:26

Ninjaturtle Posts: 296

Wow.. Harvey172 just prooved all my thoughts about irish people beeing ignorant right...
--
Posted: 2005-01-06 03:27:14

govigov Posts: > 500

I dont think there will be a budget 3g handset. 3g wap designed with data transfer in mind. The handsets which support data should be quite high end and must have lots of features. Else a gprs connection is all that is needed. No need for a 3g one. 3g is a whole new world and atleast here all the manufacturers have a level playing field. It is just a question who comes up with a handset first and i see SE's name there. This message was posted from a K500
--
Posted: 2005-01-06 03:52:00

@govigov

NEC have released a budget 3G handset in the UK. Unfortunately it can't be used as a modem because it is on the 3 network, but I assume that it would function perfectly fine as a modem if unlocked.

@Ninjaturtle

That was uncalled for. What is wrong with asking a question to find something out? Isn't that one of the things Esato is for?

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2005-01-06 05:21 ]
--
Posted: 2005-01-06 06:20:19

kenx3000 Posts: 160

If not a budget 3G then the only solution of replacing GPRS is EDGE which I think its more reasonable. 3G phones are mostly high end specification but I don't see the idea of why a lower specs phone equipped 3G speed data would release. I read the news from Sony E's dev. site and the guy said data transfer will most likely to be the most important factor for this year's mobile. May be another 3G phone might be released but I think EDGE is more of what he meant since for me I already called it FAST for GSM network.

SE's V800 is released for Vodafone true but SE have no other flip type phones except Z500 which is only an entry mid-end market phone, and its not the solution. V800 would most likely be released to other networks with its own SE style UI(I hate how Vodafone's UI looks). For me, it would be a boom if the V800 of other network releases exact same specs as the new Clara. Same specs, different form, what a great idea, just like Z600 and T630, perfect couple .
--
Posted: 2005-01-06 06:21:44
Page <  1234567>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home