Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : SE doesn't have a Pxxx series successor!
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > SE doesn't have a Pxxx series successor! Bookmark topic
Page <  1234>

benrk Posts: 31

Very nice study! Mix of Z1020-rumor-study, P910 & V800; SE should take a close look @ this!

I don't think SE will show a P910 successor @ CeBit, but complete their product range w/ a series60 like phone & maybe something superior, like a 3g smartphone.

The presentation of new handsets @ CeBit is out of the question, as far as I remember they always did, the costs of this fair-presentation & the amount competitors & new releases demand to have something new yourself, otherwise you won't attract enough attention for the whole event to pay of in terms of marketing, which would make it completely useless.
--
Posted: 2005-01-24 13:34:37
Edit : Quote

goldenface Posts: > 500

@masseur. Wow so it is. That crept up fast.

What do you think Masseur? Do you think SE will blow us away with some cracking handsets at CeBit?

--
Posted: 2005-01-24 14:42:28

masseur Posts: > 500

its certainly a great opportunity for to showcase their future directions, especially given the recent announcement of continuing profits etc

as for "blowing us away", I dunno. I thought the P910 was a good step up from the P900 but many didn't and I guess it comes down to your basic needs and apart from maybe wifi and possibly more memory I'm not really sure how much more SE are going to want to do with the P series given its target market in the business sector (yeah sure we also buy them). The only other step I see for this series is to make it 3g
--
Posted: 2005-01-24 15:01:54

Krubach Posts: > 500

Forget S60 for SonyEricsson!!!
S60 is Nokia stuff.
Maybe UIQ 3.0, but NEVER EVER S60!!!!

--
Posted: 2005-01-24 15:16:36

dave_uk Posts: > 500

Agree with Krubach, S60 is not the way forward for . I would also be inclined to agree with masseur - short of Wi-Fi, more internal memory, a better camera, and 3G compatibility, I can't see alot of potential improvements! Though, if they did get that lot in, I'd be first in the queue!! Let us pray...

Although it is a business phone, I can't understand this penchant that all the manufacturers seem to have for restricting smartphone cams to 0.307MP VGA jobbies. I would love a P9 with a decent cam and although I am not primarily a business user, I think that a usable camera is a soon-to-be-necessary feature in the war on digital cameras that the phone manufacturers seem to be declaring. I'd like to think we're going to see a big step up from the best UK camphone (Sharp 902, which is 2MP) to a 4 or 5MP camphone by the end of the year. This should be realistic (given what is already in the Far East) and I think would be, along with UMTS, the final touch to the P series.

Failing that, might have to jump on the i-mate jamwagon!
--
Posted: 2005-01-24 15:27:47

benrk Posts: 31

Of course it's very unlikely for SE to use S60; still they need a symbian fone LIKE S60, which hopefully will be compatible w/ S60 apps, though probably will be much smarter, just as we all know Ericsson as well as SE, if they take their time, they come up w/ something great!
--
Posted: 2005-01-24 15:28:28

whizkidd Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2005-01-24 15:16:36, Krubach wrote:
Forget S60 for SonyEricsson!!!
S60 is Nokia stuff.
Maybe UIQ 3.0, but NEVER EVER S60!!!!

I never said s60. I said LIKE s60. Don't you guys think se needs a smartphone that is positioned below the pseries? I think it needs. Atleast here in india!
--
Posted: 2005-01-24 15:35:00

ThreeX Posts: > 500

S60 may not be a step forward for SE, but i do belive in good potential for Nokia-type phones by SE!
The other day i was leafing through a magazine that had a graph showing how much more Nokia S60 devices than SE smartphones are sold today.
I really think SE need to fill up the gaps in their lineup..
As for the next P-series phone, i have info that i am not allowed to share, but suffice to say : Donīt hold your breath for CEBIT.. -05, yes, but Q1 no..
Cheers!
--
Posted: 2005-01-24 15:39:24

Debu Posts: > 500

@ThreeX : how soon can you give out that information on the next P-series (along wits pics etc.) cant wait dude!!

In general I think the main spotlight of the display would be the UIQ3.0 based non touchscreen smartphone. Along with CLARA ofcourse.
--
Posted: 2005-01-24 16:06:38

shyam335 Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2005-01-24 16:06:38, Debu wrote:

In general I think the main spotlight of the display would be the UIQ3.0 based non touchscreen smartphone. Along with CLARA ofcourse.

imo there is not much chance to see UIQ3.0 based non touchscreen smartphone in cebit, i think we can see such a phone after the launch of next p series .
--
Posted: 2005-01-24 17:50:28
Page <  1234>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home