Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : Here's how to open the housing of the V800 (Lots of Pictures)
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > Here's how to open the housing of the V800 (Lots of Pictures) Bookmark topic
Page <  1234>

kennybanh Posts: 5

thanks a lot ! i will try .
--
Posted: 2005-08-21 10:18:42
Edit : Quote

dont know how to fix , do u have a picture to show me how to do , thankx so much.
--
Posted: 2005-08-22 02:22:17

campbellnz Posts: 14

Do you have a phone cover on your phone? If so remove it to see if that was causing the problem. If not then remove the housing from the top section of your phone. There is a little magnet inside the housing just to the left of the 1.3 Megapixel sticker that interacts with the sensor on the lower part of the phone so it can tell when the phone is closed and turn on the external screen.

Power up your phone when you have removed the housing from the top section to see if the main screen is now working as it should. If this does not fix it then you may have a faulty sensor that thinks a magnet is present and turns off the main screen.

On a phone that is working correctly you can get a small fridge magnet and pass it over the area to the left of the left hinge and the main screen will turn off. It could be that the magnet in your new housing is too strong. Here is a picture showing the sensor.

--
Posted: 2005-08-22 03:10:27

already remove the housing , but did not see the part u shown .

--
Posted: 2005-08-22 06:11:37

If the part is not there now does it look as if it has ever been there?

--
Posted: 2005-08-22 07:39:55

no , didnt have that part . Maybe i lost it . How can i fix now ?
ps : Thanks for ur reply .
--
Posted: 2005-08-28 13:42:57

If it has snapped off then you will have to send it to a service centre. If it was never there then your phone might have a different set up from my V802SE. Can see why your phone would be different from mine though. Are the 2 solder points there where the sensor should be? Maybe you could post a picture of your phone here so I can see what is wrong.
--
Posted: 2005-08-29 15:32:16

pratikgr Posts: 2

I just bought antenna from ebay and replaced. The signals are full now. Works fine.
--
Posted: 2005-12-29 17:32:59

marlonski Posts: > 500

@campbellnz

Excellent post, very helpful.
--
Posted: 2005-12-29 17:50:04

expansion Posts: 94

hey i just took off my housing (again) to try and fix some bendage in the top part of the phone (from dropping it) and everything is good but the sim card holder is just free floating and i have no idea where it is suppost to go, what the metal bits are suppost to be touching. any ideas? cheers in advance
bart
--
Posted: 2005-12-30 01:18:19
Page <  1234>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home