Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : SE P5i Rumours and Photoshop Thread
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > SE P5i Rumours and Photoshop Thread Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 266267268 ... 307308309>

NightBlade Posts: > 500

On 2008-02-03 11:29:23, Drasko wrote:
People!

The SE have a last two years a big problem (like Nokia before a few years).
Almost all their phones looks aprox. the same: the quadratic simple box box with an ordinary shape! The phone must be much complicated in shapes today (like cars). Take for example only new candy bar models from Nokia (E51 and coming E71). Every part of the phone is different and from different material!
So SE you have a lot of job to do!

That is SO not true.
--
Posted: 2008-02-03 11:31:09
Edit : Quote

MYB87 Posts: 162

i think SE only problem that they cant deliver devices on time bug free (especially with new software)
which leads to the next point, how can u trust SE that they will fix the problems after the UIQ3 devices incident

--
Posted: 2008-02-03 12:03:31

chombos1 Posts: > 500

On 2008-02-03 11:29:23, Drasko wrote:
People!

...........................Almost all their phones looks aprox. the same: the quadratic simple box box with an ordinary shape! The phone must be much complicated in shapes today (like cars). Take for example only new candy bar models from Nokia (E51 and coming E71). Every part of the phone is different and from different material!
So SE you have a lot of job to do!

i am not a SE die hard but... i TOTALY disagree with that. (i think nokia will never catch SE in design) --- changes in the car designs have other reasons too like aerodynamics and stability..... so when there is a good looking and ergonomic wise form factor for the mobiles (that you call it box) there is no need to change that too much.
--
Posted: 2008-02-03 12:18:18

bavlondon2 Posts: > 500

SE could fix all their problems if they just released European variants of all their Asian phones.
--
Posted: 2008-02-03 12:26:07

Muhammad-Oli Posts: > 500

^^^ and honestly I think that would be cheaper too. They wouldn't have to spend money developing all these models for markets outside Japan, all they need to do it is convert them to GSM!
--
Posted: 2008-02-03 12:28:45

skblakee Posts: > 500

On 2008-02-03 12:03:31, MYB87 wrote:
i think SE only problem that they cant deliver devices on time bug free (especially with new software)
which leads to the next point, how can u trust SE that they will fix the problems after the UIQ3 devices incident

Therein lies the main problem for and what the majority of people are concerned about. Ever since the debacle that was the p990 people have become tepid in their outlook for new UIQ phones from .

They/we all look at this thread and we look to guys like PK because we don't want to have to endure the crap that was the P990. needs to be able to release solid phones that are stable and operate at least at 90% of their stated features.
Their top end phones needs to reflect not just top end prices but also top end mundane features such 3.5 mm jack,quad band,1250Mah Batteries,HSPDA,include decent headphones.
Those things are sooo basic and mundane yet leaves them out. Shouldn't they expect to be beaten silly by Nokia?
--
Posted: 2008-02-03 13:45:41

Drasko Posts: 36

Well

This Little discussion show Blade that there is something!
SE must produce a series of some kind of phones
which must fulfill listed attributes mentioned in this last post (and before that).
Every time when they change the phone they do it also with UI and OS
and I can not tear off of idea that SE is testing their phones on us!
But this is expensive for us and maybe and for them because customers can loose their patience and take another phone in the growing offer.
The time of divine loyalty are gone.

--
Posted: 2008-02-03 14:09:43

On 2008-02-03 14:09:43, Drasko wrote:
Well

Every time when they change the phone they do it also with UI and OS
and I can not tear off of idea that SE is testing their phones on us!
But this is expensive for us and maybe and for them because customers can loose their patience and take another phone in the growing offer.
The time of divine loyalty are gone.

I quite agree with you. just look at the P990i and the P1i. Were they really serious in releasing the p990i with all those bugs?
Now imagine that I bought the 990 at full price and it comes with some crappy plastic headphones that are big enough to fit in elephants ears then I see a friend of mines with the w810i much cheaper with top class headset included in the box?

Mundane things like these is what Nokia is beating and others with. When you buy an E series from Nokia you get a definite business phone. When you buy an N series you definitely get a multimedia phone. If you buy one of their low end phones you definitely get a low end phone that performs as stated.

With you get something that you have to think about afterwards and keep hooking up to SEUS then coming to Esato to find answers to. Not that I mind coming to Esato .

--
Posted: 2008-02-03 14:36:30

Tigershark42 Posts: > 500

What!? The phone should do exactly 100% of what the manufacturer says it does. Otherwise, you wouldnt be wrong to make a legal case of it, if you wanted to. Not too unthinkable when you consider the cost of these phones. Anyway, I personally think that SE would avoid such errors at all costs, and with the time theyre taking to release the phone, and the beta testing thats involved and the redevelopments that have taken place (not to mention PK's additional assurance) this new phone should be great. Theres no reason why it shouldnt.
People I see it as completely misinterpreted when you use the P990 as the be all end all case study. The P990 seemed almost experimental, because it was the first of its kind for SE. It was huge because at the time hardware wasnt as advanced, it was buggy because the software wasnt as advanced, it was expensive because there was nothing else like it and it was ugly because that was before the whole apple era, so the market was not nearly as aware of product design and aesthetics issues as it is today.
I think that UIQ3 is now a reasonably stable platform, and any step ups from it will show greater improvements with fewer shortcomings. SE know what they are doing. And I think that when they made the P990 they knew what they were doing too. Remember: it was the first which was a phone and PDA hybrid, of course it would evolve and get better with time. How could they just churn out a W960 if they had nothing to start with?
Take the P1: it is smaller, has better specs, doesnt have the same issues to it, has better hardware (e.g. better camera) it is much more aesthetically pleasing, and so on. The same will be the case when it comes to Pnext. Its just the way the latest and greatest will develop. Now if you were talking about low end phones, then of course youd have a point because the technology would be there from phones of a higher ranking, and its all a case of the right ingredients and presentation.
In my opinion SE is not like the other mobile manufacturers. They show much greater design consciousness, and the market responds to that, because I see many people with SE handsets on a daily basis whether they have the best specs or not. Obviously, when it comes to the flagship, the specs have to be there. I think Pnext will introduce a whole host of features previously unseen in SE devices. Isnt the cancellation of updates for the P990, PK's word, a new man in charge of SE, and the buzz around 3GSM 2008 good enough indication of this? Its just a matter of time.
--
Posted: 2008-02-03 15:24:39

Tigershark42;
I certainly think that a phone should do 100% of what is stated however I disagree that we shouldn't use the 990 as a plat form for future phones. Why?
One,because i paid full price for what many now see as an experiment. Two,because has made some simplistic mistakes that seem almost unforgivable. I lived on both coasts of the US and in the Caribbean last year with my P990i and i kept getting this same crap about 850 in certain areas. That should not be in a hi end phone/PDA.

just needs to restore their credibility.

--
Posted: 2008-02-03 16:40:59
Page <  123 ... 266267268 ... 307308309>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home