Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : SE P5i Rumours and Photoshop Thread
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > SE P5i Rumours and Photoshop Thread Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 269270271 ... 307308309>

PeterKay Posts: > 500

On 2008-02-04 16:00:49, Mizzle wrote:
Yet another concept @sealover?

He may be closer this time Miz

--
Posted: 2008-02-04 16:16:40
Edit : Quote

xell Posts: > 500

1000 apes, 1000 years...?
--
Posted: 2008-02-04 16:18:24

Tigershark42 Posts: > 500

@makbil
Im afraid I must agree to disagree with you there. It was experimental in that they were aiming that high with a P device for the first time. Of course it should not have had bugs and should have been fine, and I'm sure I would feel the same as you if I would have bought one too, so I understand your point. However, it is wrong to say that P1 is not an advancement over the P990. By definition, if it is an improvement in some way (even though you may choose to belittle that improvement) it is still progress. The p1 is smaller, more compact, has no bugs, DOES have a better camera (green tint? Ive seen pretty good pics taken with a p1- and with the w960, I believe they use the same camera module and IMO its fine), and is overall not a revolution over the P990, fine, but its incremental improvements still make it more advanced. Its not the one to replace the P990 with, but it is the better choice for anyone wanting their first P device.
My original point was that the P990 cant be used as a perfect example for the P5 because SE were different back then, its a fairly recent company and change is rapid, surely you can agree with that. The consumer market was different too.

ANYWAY: Back to the glorious P5i:
Sealover, PK, Mizzle:

News? What news? Im sure we all have high expectations here, so if its good news, Im looking forward to eventually finding out what it is Just a few more days now till the supposed announcement date

[ This Message was edited by: Tigershark42 on 2008-02-04 15:40 ]
--
Posted: 2008-02-04 16:32:48

Few days indeed, your patience appreciated

--
Posted: 2008-02-04 16:51:47

Hey PK do you as a beta tester get to keep the prototypes youre given if you want to? If so lucky you What an awesome, awesome occupation
--
Posted: 2008-02-04 16:55:45

In the past i could keep them and i would sell them to members here on Esato or other forums, but now the rules are stricter and this cannot be done anymore, the protos need to go back once the evaluation is complete

--
Posted: 2008-02-04 16:58:17

ScoreP Posts: 14

Of course this is a P5i rumour thread but this thread is also full of other info which is why it has reached 180 pages. Beibei is mentioned in this thread quite of few times and it was just info for those people.

Back to the topic P5i wait is over very soon once SE wakes up which is just in few days.

[ This Message was edited by: ScoreP on 2008-02-04 16:07 ]
--
Posted: 2008-02-04 17:04:44

doministry Posts: > 500

Nothing makes me to be sure it's only few days for Pnext to be announced.
It's our hopes rather.
@makbil
I'd say: mistakes by SE are made,
improvement is needed and probably has been done,
so I think it will be different story than P990. And it's true: no matter how you like/dislike P1, it's basically a phone which appeared READY to the market, without a year of waiting to be stable/good. Even if it's just an improvement (true) and in some ways just an excuse (a simple cost cutting: updated two devices by one!). So I believe Pnext follows the quality improvement.
And in my case, if Pnext dissapoints me, I quit SE smartphones, just to use something what is really for me.
As for today, nothing REALLY attracts me in the form factor aspect.
--
Posted: 2008-02-04 17:21:13

I agree about the form factor, but I suppose that goes hand in hand with the UI adopted. I would'nt have liked it at all a few years ago, but after having used the iphone I must admit, its more practical than it first seemed, and once you get used to the idea of a touchscreen (on any device) you start to wonder why so many hardware buttons are even needed. I think SE are, to an extent emulating the iphone here and there (look at the K660i and you tell me that it doesn't look alot like the iphone overall). I think the UI wont be too far from what the iphone uses (its pretty difficult to come up with a touch finger interface that is very different, IMO), and I am perfectly fine with that, because its more natural and convenient to use the phone that way. However, what I hope is that it's alot more comprehensive when it comes to specs and features, because thats what makes the iphone a loser IMO.
--
Posted: 2008-02-04 17:40:41

gola Posts: > 500

On 2008-02-02 01:13:23, doministry wrote:
We don't even have any leaking photos here.
yip,SE hired some pretty good plumbers this time round
--
Posted: 2008-02-04 18:30:26
Page <  123 ... 269270271 ... 307308309>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home