Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : SE P5i Rumours and Photoshop Thread
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > SE P5i Rumours and Photoshop Thread Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 292293294 ... 307308309>

kenx3000 Posts: 160

I'm not sure what it means to release P5i. And the word "rebirth" for some of you, rebirth of what? Think if you're in SE's position, and you know that there's a website where user's that's not even 1% of the total mobile-phone users AROUND the world are in, and demanding this and that. Do you think SE will follow the not-even-1% people and just come out to sell it to that website? I'm not saying anything bad about the website, but just want to point out the big picture .

SE has to think of the total profit that they WILL sell around the world, not just from the opinion of some websites. Would you release a lower phone where the price can be lower and gain more customers+profit, or release the high-end phone just for the hype and no demand in the consumers? Don't forget that High-end comes with High-price, and economically people are losing the budgets to look at high-price products.

I, myself was covered by the hype when I just got into SE, but after I worked at a website under SE's approval, I began to understand more that marketing really matters, not just some hype stuff.

I just don't think it's right to keep bugging SE to come out with High-end phones if the market doesn't really demand it.
--
Posted: 2008-02-07 06:24:54
Edit : Quote

sithcentz Posts: 21

On 2008-02-07 06:24:54, kenx3000 wrote:
I'm not sure what it means to release P5i. And the word "rebirth" for some of you, rebirth of what? Think if you're in SE's position, and you know that there's a website where user's that's not even 1% of the total mobile-phone users AROUND the world are in, and demanding this and that. Do you think SE will follow the not-even-1% people and just come out to sell it to that website? I'm not saying anything bad about the website, but just want to point out the big picture .

SE has to think of the total profit that they WILL sell around the world, not just from the opinion of some websites. Would you release a lower phone where the price can be lower and gain more customers+profit, or release the high-end phone just for the hype and no demand in the consumers? Don't forget that High-end comes with High-price, and economically people are losing the budgets to look at high-price products.

I, myself was covered by the hype when I just got into SE, but after I worked at a website under SE's approval, I began to understand more that marketing really matters, not just some hype stuff.

I just don't think it's right to keep bugging SE to come out with High-end phones if the market doesn't really demand it.

Well considering this entire thread is about the(possibly) most high end phone SE is going to release this year, I would say complaints or suggestions are worthy of this thread. Now, there is certainly no need to have some of the attacking of certain posters like PK who kindly share their time on this forum for our benifit, but there are valid complaints to be had.

Frankly, I see this whole P5i thing becoming a mess kind of like the w960 was last year. High end rumored specs, and everyone was excited to see what would come of it. Everyone was pumped when it was announced, and we waited...and waited...and waited...until it finally came out at the very end of the year and was met with a resounding "meh" amongst the critics. It's hard to have cutting edge tech when it takes literally around 6-7 months after announcment for it to hit shelves. It's also hard to keep the excitement for the phone when it takes so long to get here. In that sense, the SE marketing dept. has failed, though not all blame is at their feet.
--
Posted: 2008-02-07 06:44:28

m-one Posts: 321

@Pavlov's Dog

No no no! This has been simply misunderstood with the announcement of Paris.
I never said it would be announced in Q4. In Q4 it'll be available - the announcement should be in the first half of 2008.

[ This Message was edited by: m-one on 2008-02-07 06:29 ]
--
Posted: 2008-02-07 07:28:44

kenx3000 Posts: 160

@sithcentz

I do understand what you're saying, but about the release time where critics will say "meh." What if that time is actually the more suited time for such devices? How do we know that what already came out from other vendors are actually suited for the moment? HSDPA, GPS, 5MP Camera? I'll keep repeating myself over and over again that the functions are not suited for the moment at all. You have to agree that only a small percentage, I would say less than 10% would actually use those functions.

SE knows that they're price is above others and they cannot fix that problem, so what they give us back is quality and something that's more suited for the users. I think we could tell from previous announcements where they're approaching. Sure, they might come out with P5i, but no one will think it's the "Big Hit" or even worse, people might think vendors are scared of iPhone to come out with such phones.(I know PK said you can't compare, but you know how people's mind works)

About PK and the others, I do appreciate them sharing, but I don't think they're trying to make such a big hype. They just share the information that they can, but it's just only us that's coming with questions, photoshops, that's making the story go boom.
--
Posted: 2008-02-07 07:46:18

Drasko Posts: 36

@ SE

Dear SE please work slowly on your new model (models will be better) to catch other producers in saturated market of phones.
My next phone will be very compact touch device with capability of fast massaging and phoning + extraordinary mechanical features.

Just do it or I leave it!
Thanks!

--
Posted: 2008-02-07 10:15:13

makbil Posts: > 500

Just what I'm thinking @Drasko. SE needs to avoid another P990 story at all costs.
--
Posted: 2008-02-07 10:37:52

anonymuser Posts: > 500

On 2008-02-07 07:46:18, kenx3000 wrote:
About PK and the others, I do appreciate them sharing, but I don't think they're trying to make such a big hype. They just share the information that they can, but it's just only us that's coming with questions, photoshops, that's making the story go boom.

I think we all have to get a little savvier about this and realise that people like PK, Mizzle etc - however well intentioned - are just a part of the SE publicity machine. They're not getting hold of these phones/pictures etc by accident - they're being given them, precisely so they can drop hints and whip up excitement in places like this. SE have their own in house testing facility where all these things can be tested in absolute secrecy if they want - the only reason external "beta testers" see them is to keep the internet happy.

Remember - not one single official, traceable statement has been made about any of the phones mentioned in this thread, least of all the P5. Assuming they exist in any sense, SE could cancel them all tomorrow without having to give any apology here.

[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2008-02-07 09:56 ]
--
Posted: 2008-02-07 10:44:30

chombos1 Posts: > 500

sure they must avoid such a mistake....

but this is not good reason to delay such a device and loose high-end marketshare....
yes... if in this time it has bugs they must delay it... i agree
but there has been plenty of time to work on it.

only releasing bug-free phones is not the ultimate goal... it's also about delivering up to date and on time and fulfilling customer demands.
--
Posted: 2008-02-07 10:46:42

jalf Posts: 189

On 2008-02-07 10:44:30, Boinng wrote:

On 2008-02-07 07:46:18, kenx3000 wrote:

I think we all have to get a little savvier about this and realise that people like PK, Mizzle etc - however well intentioned - are just a part of the SE publicity machine. They're not getting hold of these phones/pictures etc by accident - they're being given them, precisely so they can drop hints and whip up excitement in places like this. SE have their own in house testing facility where all these things can be tested in absolute secrecy if they want - the only reason external "beta testers" see them is to keep the internet happy.

Remember - not one single official, traceable statement has been made about any of the phones mentioned in this thread, least of all the P5. Assuming they exist in any sense, SE could cancel them all tomorrow without having to give any apology here.

[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2008-02-07 09:56 ]

that's an excelent explanation!
so people, be calm.....SE will surprise us!

[ This Message was edited by: jalf on 2008-02-07 10:27 ]
--
Posted: 2008-02-07 11:26:27

doministry Posts: > 500

I must say,
that Q4 is too late for me.
Honestly, if it will end up like that,
I might move on...
I need Flash support, I need better browser, more memory.
S...t.
--
Posted: 2008-02-07 11:53:07
Page <  123 ... 292293294 ... 307308309>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home