Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : SE P5i Rumours and Photoshop Thread
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > SE P5i Rumours and Photoshop Thread Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 293294295 ... 307308309>

makbil Posts: > 500

@doministry, WM6 devices are beginning to be worth looking at
--
Posted: 2008-02-07 18:24:12
Edit : Quote

Amaisink Posts: 7

the question is ARE they a part of "SE publicity machine"?!
--
Posted: 2008-02-07 18:30:27

gola Posts: > 500

On 2008-02-07 03:56:52, bodeh6 wrote:
No the P5i should be announced sometime in the next 3-4 months. Then released in Q4.
why am i not surpriSed...

[ This Message was edited by: gola on 2008-02-07 17:41 ]
--
Posted: 2008-02-07 18:39:46

kenx3000 Posts: 160

On 2008-02-07 10:44:30, Boinng wrote:

On 2008-02-07 07:46:18, kenx3000 wrote:
About PK and the others, I do appreciate them sharing, but I don't think they're trying to make such a big hype. They just share the information that they can, but it's just only us that's coming with questions, photoshops, that's making the story go boom.

I think we all have to get a little savvier about this and realise that people like PK, Mizzle etc - however well intentioned - are just a part of the SE publicity machine. They're not getting hold of these phones/pictures etc by accident - they're being given them, precisely so they can drop hints and whip up excitement in places like this. SE have their own in house testing facility where all these things can be tested in absolute secrecy if they want - the only reason external "beta testers" see them is to keep the internet happy.

Remember - not one single official, traceable statement has been made about any of the phones mentioned in this thread, least of all the P5. Assuming they exist in any sense, SE could cancel them all tomorrow without having to give any apology here.

[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2008-02-07 09:56 ]

that doesn't really link to what I said. Also, SE doesn't really give phones to people. It's not their policy, never was, and probably never will. The only reason they give it to websites is just for publicity. Even some websites don't get support from SE(They sound like they do, but they don't) So only big websites get them. Some of you took pictures from SE-Society, and I worked at that place before so I know how the system inside SE works.

PK could be R&D for a central company where vendors sends in their protos to test because I knew an R&D who did the same thing. That's why SE was able to call back their phones and he had to submitted back in.(Therefore risking of losing his job/connection). I'm not saying anything bad here, just saying from my point of view.

Also Please, don't make it sound like I'm being impatient and bugging PK or Mizzle for info's, because I'm not one of them. I got the phone I wanted, and I'm happy with it.
--
Posted: 2008-02-07 19:01:58

doministry Posts: > 500

@makbil
Yes man, WM6 starts to look good,
although it's still looks bad in my taste and this windows style on phone doesn't appeal at all... Did you see the calculator by WM? Hilarious.
Anyway, WM looks interesting in many cases, but I still want to keep UiQ in my hands - I like it. UIQ feel is for me, opposed to S60 which I don't really like.
But if we talk about functionality, yes...
But imagine smsing on TyTn2! It's hell with this turning the device.
My choice will be also based on how things around will develop. I mean, if P990 functionality will be sufficient till successor comes, that's ok. But if not, well....
--
Posted: 2008-02-07 20:59:14

Drasko Posts: 36

And someone mentioned that the SE have their own lab with people who testing internally?! But what that people are? Constantly changing or what?
Because every P model missing something what had precursor and get something new. I new is good, but some thing which are confirmed as useful are also good. Is there in SE any people who work only with P series, live with it and have a final word about functionality. Their functionality is round and round again like Microsoft's Win95-WinMe-XP-and finally like a crown of useless Win Vista: constantly new but not new!

Q4 is also to late for me because my P is disintegrated steadily (battery, keyboard and housing so I must think about new apparatus to avoid suddenly phone lost.
Best luck for all of us!

--
Posted: 2008-02-07 21:02:33

makbil Posts: > 500

Agree with you @doministry. It's up to SE to keep us as customers.
Personally I think Symbian + UIQ is a very good combination for mobile use. I'm just hoping that SE has learned from its mistakes and the next flagship smartphone (whenever it is announced) will bring back the glory days of P900/910. They just need to remember that they will be facing serious competition from Nokia touch screen and WM6 devices.
--
Posted: 2008-02-07 22:06:13

Tigershark42 Posts: > 500

Other devices have long been creeping up on the smartphone market, but SE had the touchscreens. Now that is threatened because other devices will be coming out shortly with better interfaces and better specs. UIQ3 and the current specs are just not good enough to separate them from the competition, and if they dont improve, they will lose here. If you combine the interface of the iphone (touchscreen) and N95 specs you already have what is not too far from a pretty untouchably good phone. And this is coming very soon, Nokia could do it, Apple could do it, HTC could do it, Samsung could do it. SE has to get there first, or it will slowly become a mid-low end maker. That may be profitable now, but if you think of a year later, when mid range is todays higher end, SE may not keep up and they could slowly shrivel away and die like motorola seems to be doing. So in that sense its a bit of a critical junction as to the future of SE. SE currently has a pretty big fanbase, however, and the design aspect is there. I think if the specs are introduced, fans will be happy and there are no immediate problems.
I think the higher end market is getting bigger by the day, word passes to those who arent in the know, about all the iphone can do, all the N95 can do and so more and more people are willing to pay more for extended features. Other companies seem to be maintaining the pace of innovation. 3 Days to see just how big SE's future could be.
--
Posted: 2008-02-07 22:23:33

tesssst Posts: 98

On 2008-02-07 10:44:30, Boinng wrote:

On 2008-02-07 07:46:18, kenx3000 wrote:
About PK and the others, I do appreciate them sharing, but I don't think they're trying to make such a big hype. They just share the information that they can, but it's just only us that's coming with questions, photoshops, that's making the story go boom.

I think we all have to get a little savvier about this and realise that people like PK, Mizzle etc - however well intentioned - are just a part of the SE publicity machine. They're not getting hold of these phones/pictures etc by accident - they're being given them, precisely so they can drop hints and whip up excitement in places like this. SE have their own in house testing facility where all these things can be tested in absolute secrecy if they want - the only reason external "beta testers" see them is to keep the internet happy.

Remember - not one single official, traceable statement has been made about any of the phones mentioned in this thread, least of all the P5. Assuming they exist in any sense, SE could cancel them all tomorrow without having to give any apology here.

[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2008-02-07 09:56 ]

spot on - its just people that post on the inet so that kiddies could have something to talk about at school (and whine at home/parents)
--
Posted: 2008-02-08 01:11:18

jmcomms Posts: > 500

With regards to release dates; SE has always had big problems whenever releasing something based on a new platform.

UIQ 3.2 and UIQ 4 will no doubt mean that any new smartphone will be released months after being shown, which will annoy most of us.

If SE decides to simply build a new range of devices on the existing platform then they can, theoretically, get the kit on sale very quickly. Most testing and bug fixing is done. Then most of us will be annoyed because the devices won't be a great deal different to the current stuff; just a different looking box, possibly in a different form factor.

Mind you, having used the W960i for some time, I think that's pretty fast and stable (not great, but not bad either) and if they merely released a new smartphone that had call/end keys, a D-Pad and a few tweaks, it would be perfectly good for most people.

Obviously we want more, and want it now, but UIQ has advanced a hell of a lot since the P990. If SE could bundle Opera 9.5 with their next device, suddenly things would be a LOT better.

Finally, independent research keeps saying that the VAST majority of people don't use all these advanced features. Mobile data is taking off, but it's not as if everyone demands push email, document editing and so on. Even business users probably stick to voice, SMS and email.

[ This Message was edited by: jmcomms on 2008-02-08 12:15 ]
--
Posted: 2008-02-08 13:12:47
Page <  123 ... 293294295 ... 307308309>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home