Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : SE P5i Rumours and Photoshop Thread
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > SE P5i Rumours and Photoshop Thread Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 298299300 ... 307308309>

sunSEt_ Posts: 43

I heard, that it will be announced on wednesday?
Could someone confirm this?
--
Posted: 2008-02-11 08:05:53
Edit : Quote

kraakie Posts: 24

i think that the changes between X1 and de P5 will be the:

X1 P5
side slider down slider
65000 colour 16 mil colour
3.2 mp 5 mp
led light xenon
wm symbian

but i think i choice only because of the 5 mp with xenon for the P5i
--
Posted: 2008-02-11 08:32:40

kenx3000 Posts: 160

@kraakie

some does sound reasonable, but I have a feeling X1 is this year's top margin price. So Pnext should be either right at the same price, or lower. Let's just hope it's lower
--
Posted: 2008-02-11 09:50:54

GTommy Posts: 24

To be honest...Xperia...is crap...or not...I mean it is a windows mobile device...I don't think SE did put so much muscles into its development...It may also been microsoft who paid for its development (to make their system look better since a real phonemakes use their system)...HTC have the same specs for their TYTN II..not sure about screen though...But as always windows mobile devices have good specifications but its interface sucks...Symbian is a better system for small devices and its interface is more clear...both UIQ and S60. Iphone lacked SDK and user options to be a reall smartphone...it is more like a cool interface...but not a real OS. currently G900 and G700 are really good phones even if they arent marketed as P phones u can use it for business as well...Paris and Beibei that will be presented in may or june will show SEs new symbian platform...
--
Posted: 2008-02-11 10:10:38

anonymuser Posts: > 500

seems to me that the X1 just made the P5 irrelevant. I mean, the P series were always primarily business phones, with good multimedia increasingly added on. UIQ3 hasn't been very successful in continuing that early heritage, with minimal software support, while Windows Mobile is *the* OS for business, with a huge developer network behind it. If SE come through on their promise to optimise the X1 for multimedia, on top of all it's busines credentials and conectivity etc, and good looking SE design, then there's the spiritual successor the P series right there. Why should anyone choose the P5 over that?
--
Posted: 2008-02-11 10:35:42

doministry Posts: > 500

Well,
I want UiQ, not Windows,
also, I'm sure next Symbian/UiQ generation will be really strong,
It will jump higher than WM.
BTW, X1 looks cool.
--
Posted: 2008-02-11 11:01:08

anonymuser Posts: > 500

If the P5 is also going to "Xperia" branded, and the X1 can already lay claim to being the most business orientated Xperia device (simply by virtue of Windows Mobile), I wonder if the P5 is going to be more of a pure multimedia device, eg a more direct take on the Iphone? Is it possible, for example, that the reason we've not seen the P5's qwerty keyboard (or been given any concrete hint on it) is that it doesn't have one? Perhaps it's a virtual keyboard, or just a standard slide-out keypad? I'm just thinking, if you really need a qwerty, you're going to be buying an X1. If you need a business phone, likewise, you're going to buy an X1. But if you just want good video, a snazzy interface, good camera and music player etc, then maybe the P5 will be the sexier, slimmer, model for you?

I still think the "traditional" P series buyer may find themselves migrating more to the X1. I've already done that a year early, in moving from the M600i to the Tytn II, and I've no regrets - but I'll be very happy to swap the Tytn II for an X1 when the time comes.
--
Posted: 2008-02-11 12:01:13

allday247 Posts: 11

In my opinion it doesn't make much business sense to release 2 similar mobile devices like the Xperia x1 and the P5. It would confuse the market.
The spec's already seem similar and having a different O/s isn't really going to help differentiate the products enough to the general public, who aren't as clued up on mobile phone development as people on Esato are.
--
Posted: 2008-02-11 12:05:01

>500 Posts: > 500

On 2008-02-11 12:05:01, allday247 wrote:
In my opinion it doesn't make much business sense to release 2 similar mobile devices like the Xperia x1 and the P5. It would confuse the market.
The spec's already seem similar and having a different O/s isn't really going to help differentiate the products enough to the general public, who aren't as clued up on mobile phone development as people on Esato are.

well, i disagree!

The people buying businessphones/smartphones usually are clued up about what they are buying!

--
Posted: 2008-02-11 12:08:50

DarkKrypt Posts: > 500

On 2008-02-11 12:08:50, >500 wrote:

On 2008-02-11 12:05:01, allday247 wrote:

well, i disagree!

The people buying businessphones/smartphones usually are clued up about what they are buying!

indeed - they want to know whats in a device etc
and why they should buy it over any other device
no wonder i see so many black berrys theyre a pretty good business phone;)

@Boinng
and ONE reason why people would choose the p5 over the Xperia
is, SIZE
im assuming it will be in similar size to the p1 and w910
eh and personal choice..food for thought
--
Posted: 2008-02-11 12:30:50
Page <  123 ... 298299300 ... 307308309>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home