Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Future Z phones
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Future Z phones Bookmark topic
Page <  1234

Bonn_OTC Posts: 4

Outdated UI is one thing. If they improve it in the sense to make it quick and fast and less lag, I think the users will appreciate that. Having a new UI won't mean much if the so called 'low end' phones' hardware can't support it. Anyway, this is the way to segregate what is 'LOW END' and what is 'HIGH END'. You pay what you get.

Hmm...Where is the 'MED END'...seems like its not covered.
--
Posted: 2005-11-13 06:09:45
Edit : Quote

CybaCowboy Posts: 314

What about the upgrade to the Z800/V800?

This "V300" clearly isn't a V800/Z800 upgrade, seeing as it doesn't even support UMTS/3G...

Quote:
On 2005-11-12 17:21:27, goldenface wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-11-12 10:41:38, brix25 wrote:
That review by Eldar Murtazin was brutal on SE to say the least...how can they release such junk...I mean connectivity is critical and the lack of IR is inexcusable.

I would agree with what Eldar is saying here. Why do all the lower end phone still have that outdated interface? You would have thought they would have stopped releasing handsets that don't have the newer 'back' and 'c' buttons.

Aside from the fact that the "old" interface is out-dated and unable to compete with the "new" interface, they're just gonna end up confusing customer who could potentially purchase a high-end phone next-time around!

My suspicion was always that they are the finished product of Ericsson's prototypes, that they are prototypes only coming onto the market now...

And that's not as silly as it seems- it's a commonly-know fact that manufacturers work on prototypes for years, sometimes as much as 15 years in advance (the PlayStation is a perfect example of this)!
--
Posted: 2005-12-09 09:18:35

goldenface Posts: > 500

So your saying the T300 type UI is probably a unreleased version of an ericsson prototype. Interesting. The ericssons that were never to be. Still I suppose if they can find a use for them . . . . . .
--
Posted: 2005-12-10 16:40:40

CybaCowboy Posts: 314

Quote:
On 2005-12-10 16:40:40, goldenface wrote:
So your saying the T300 type UI is probably a unreleased version of an ericsson prototype. Interesting. The ericssons that were never to be. Still I suppose if they can find a use for them . . . . . .

That's exactly what I'm saying!

All these "Sony Ericssons" with the old (Ericsson) interface and/or design I think are likely left-over prototypes from when Ericsson manufactured the phones directly...

Why let a potentially good thing go to waste?

And if you think about it, this is actually not as silly as it sounds either...
--
Posted: 2005-12-11 05:26:05

mOngga Posts: 17

Not all people can adapt to new UI. Older people tend like that 'call', 'end' buttons. Easier for them to use, less fuss. This message was posted from a K700i
--
Posted: 2005-12-13 10:57:03

goldenface Posts: > 500

@cybacowboy.

I agree it doesn't sound as silly now I know why.

@monga

I know, but the advantages of the newer UI is for me it means simpler, the soft-keys do a good job.

The amount of buttons on some phones, like my friends Sharp flip phone are mind boggling, I don't know what the hell I am doing with it.
--
Posted: 2005-12-13 14:45:47
Page <  1234

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home