Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : About Walkman 3.0
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > About Walkman 3.0 Bookmark topic
Page <  12345>

nettl Posts: 89

And then, why do you compare it to the N95 when they are oh-so-different?
Bashing, huh?
--
Posted: 2007-04-28 12:41:54
Edit : Quote

soane28 Posts: 401

because people brought it in the wrong conversation like always - Stop comparing music orientated phones (walkman) with smartphones, i would only compare the Nokia 5700 to walkman cos its a fair comparision, not n95 again and again and again.
--
Posted: 2007-04-28 13:42:22

Dogmann Posts: > 500

@>500 and all,

Sorry to burst your bubble but in my experience and not just looking at a brand badge. All of the Nokia's i have recently owned blow away the Walkman phones I was considering buying and is supported by the many threads on this Forum of peoples complaints.

Nokia just don't make a big thing of their phones Music Playing abilities and as many have said with a lot of the Walkman phones it is nothing more than marketing and branding as the quality is no where as good as it should be to get the Walkman name IMO.

The N93's music player was excellent both loud enough @40-50% and the quality of the sound was also excellent. Much to my surprise as it has a slower processor the E61 is just as good and i am using the same SD card as in the N93. My music is encoded @160kbps AAC and a track on average is around 4mb. Also on both of these phone the equaliser does not only have presets that can't be altered but even allows you to create your own.

I am now listening to a lot of Music on my device and use a Nokia official 3.5mm adapter with microphone and Shure EC2 headphones. If the sound had any flaws it would be easily noticed both volume and quality of sound are superior to the W950 that i tested that was much too soft and the Music was not well defined lacking clarity and separation. Maybe those of you that are so sure the Walkman players are the best should actually test some other devices rather than believing just because it is branded Walkman and comes from SE means it is automatically the best. As whilst in principal that is fine the reality falls some what short of that IMHO.

Marc
--
Posted: 2007-04-28 13:55:33

QVGA Posts: > 500

also, the 5700 is also a smartphone, and its not that expensive, and has an excellent media player.
again i must say, no search feature in SE phones is just laughable, how stupid can you get to not have search feature in a music phone? SE is retarded to not have that feature, just retarded!
--
Posted: 2007-04-28 16:41:26

mariwun Posts: 84

on my w950i i can search in the walkman...so i think this feature already exists but maybe not on all walkman v.2 phones.
--
Posted: 2007-04-28 16:52:34

decay_zeit Posts: 401

alright,i still don't get you people complaining about lack of searching option...
i've been professionally listening to music for almost 6 years(i'm only 20)...all day long,from waking up and preparing breakfast to closing eyes to sleep,and really don't get you,i don't get how come searching is that important...if you are a real music guy,then searching doesn't mean anything to you except for finding an artist,i believe an album is like a book,you cannot choose a paper from this book to read it seperatley.

so first,i want music,a certain music,then i decide to listen to it,very easy absolutley without search,coz i definetley KNOW the artist and album name...(and i'm sure every music lover does the same).

this doesn't mean i dont know the name of songs i listen to them,definetley i know,but this knowledge is useless in searching and finding a song...

here,i'm not really taking part in discussion about comparing walkman phones to nokias or any,i've never used a walkman nor a nokia music phone...i'm just saying that those of you who think searching is important,you are wrong,UNLESS you are a real music guy....
thanks

[ This Message was edited by: decay_zeit on 2007-04-28 16:27 ]
--
Posted: 2007-04-28 17:23:58

>500 Posts: > 500

@dogmann

im not saying is better than nokia

why does everything turn out as v nokia
--
Posted: 2007-04-28 18:38:37

rosco911 Posts: 11

On 2007-04-28 18:38:37, >500 wrote:
@dogmann

im not saying is better than nokia

why does everything turn out as v nokia

I noticed that too! all over the net as well.. lol why never SE vs Moto?.. ok ok, well thats just stupid.. lol kiding..
You know what would be nice for the Walkman VErsion 3.0?... If the walkman skin matched the theme you are using... well, not very much funccionality to that, i just think it would look nice..
--
Posted: 2007-04-29 17:57:21

>500 Posts: > 500

@rosco
would be a little confusing, no
--
Posted: 2007-04-29 17:58:54

rosco911 Posts: 11

@>500
Could be confusing, or could be pretty cool.... have u seen those modded w800`s? they look pretty cool when the walkman skins get changed...
Dont have anything agaist the orange tho..
--
Posted: 2007-04-29 18:02:08
Page <  12345>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home