Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Sony Ericsson Clara
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Ericsson Clara Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 323334 ... 929394>

blackspot Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2005-02-08 09:04:29, whizkidd wrote:
Govi, if that happens, current S700 owners will be fuming'

precisely what I'm driving at. considering also that the S700i is not that old for them to lower the price justifiably yet IMO.
--
Posted: 2005-02-08 09:11:26
Edit : Quote

slattery69 Posts: > 500

people said the same things about the specs and price when both the t610 came out and the k700 and both came out around 350 gbp.
i would expect this to as well.
the s700 was only ever a niche phone wasnt for the mass market they will have made money on it dont forget it was out in japan well before europe. europe was just to milk the cash cow with that phone.
i think it needs to come out around 350gbp like the t610 did and k700 if it doesnt then they will risk lossing out on big sales as people will look to the cheaper/lower spec n3230 that comes out in april probably 1/2 months bfore this comes out
--
Posted: 2005-02-08 09:28:13

blackspot Posts: > 500

Wow if that happens! How would the prices of T610, K700i and S700i look like?
--
Posted: 2005-02-08 09:36:44

goldenface Posts: > 500

@slattery 69.

I agree. The S700i is definitely a niche phone. This K750i needs to be priced around £350.

It is above the K700 but a different phone altogether from the P910.

I think Sony Ericsson will pitch this at original T610 owners.

SE will be selling the K700i phone on its 2mp camera and its compactness.

I thinks it is great. I love the design although I think the buttons being so close together make it harder to text. I would have preferred more space as the buttons are then easier to locate.

@Scotsboy

Regarding the logo on that button, do you not think it may be the button to release the battery housing?

--
Posted: 2005-02-08 10:04:30

Ibinco Posts: 383

any indication as to when Clara might hit the shelves?
--
Posted: 2005-02-08 10:04:32

DeLa Posts: > 500

- We have seen pictures in which the screen of this phone had a chrome lining, like the K700. In others there's no chrome. Better with chrome.
- It is a very classic, old-school design. Very ERicsson.
- The back is a disaster. The two lights probably are very powerful but make it impossible to have a serene look there. And this from the company that made the back of phones an issue, with the P900 and K700.
- The starting price should be something below the current price of the S700. The camera of the S700 may be less MP'd, for me the special swivel design of the S700 and the screen make the phone stand out above this Clara.
- A lot of the looks will depend on the materials used.
- Even though I do not particulary like the design of the/my K700, there is a special tough to it that makes it at least interesting, or fascinating - in a word it has 'personality', you can keep looking at it and see it in another light. This Clara is boring. Good for business people. I prefer T630 - looks.
- The keyboard looks very ergonomic. The separation of the back and C keys makes a lot of sense. The volume is a strong point, I suppose it is about the same as a T630. The position of the shutter button makes it really look like a camera.
- The screen reaches almost to the very top of the phone. Nice, very well done, but when talking the screen will be getting greasy. They should provide some space in the cabinet of the phone to put a mini cameltowel or something because you'll be wiping all the time.

And then ... where will it all end? How long will the rush take to more megapixels, more memory, more sticks, more music? Will the mobile end up as a real replacement for the other devices or will it always be lagging behind? You can buy a 5MP camera with optical zoom, decent lens, SD-card and all for €199 if you do your homework. Then you can make really decent pictures. For €250 you get a real MP3 player with some gigabytes of memory and software to synchronise and all that. Will we be happy spending all that money on a camera that is - lets face it - mediocre compared to a real one, and an MP3 player that is - lets face it - mediocre and limited compared to a real one? The more expensive the phones get, the more our expectations will align with the seperate products. I'm just wondering.
--
Posted: 2005-02-08 10:05:23

(An)Dante Posts: 147

I really hope so that the nowelty will handle MemoryStick PRO Duo as well!!! Do anyone nave information about that? It would be a shame if not..

--
Posted: 2005-02-08 10:30:51

marlonski Posts: > 500

Has anyone mentioned the performance of the video capture yet ? Is there any spec mentioned that I've missed ?

640x480 vid with 30 fps would just about be the icing on the cake for me
--
Posted: 2005-02-08 10:49:06

vojta66 Posts: > 500

Well, the plastic grey sides are ugly and cheap. I cannot help myself....I hope the final look will be more....noble
--
Posted: 2005-02-08 11:02:03

goldenface Posts: > 500

@ Dela

The latter part of your last post is aimed at the idea of attemping to push more memory, more features, more megapixels etc in to what is essentially a mobile phone. This is what keeps the industry going and what keeps the technology progressive, otherwise our T18s would still be prevalent.

Similarly, it was not so long ago, when it was "who has the smallest mobile", that people were having the same debate about how small should a mobile phone should really be, with people worried that they would become so small they would be nothing but an implant in the human ear.

Your own handset is one of the smallest around but do we really need them to be that small or any smaller? May be that debate should be for another thread.

The more features the better as far as I am concerned and if a 5mp camera, with 1gig hard drive and video calling appears in 3 years time then good on the company that manages to create such a device.

CONVERGENCE seems to be the word of moment right now and I think it is both valid and exciting.

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2005-02-08 10:18 ]
--
Posted: 2005-02-08 11:06:47
Page <  123 ... 323334 ... 929394>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home