Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : New UIQ high-end phone?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > New UIQ high-end phone? Bookmark topic
Page <  123456>

razec Posts: > 500

On 2008-03-14 00:53:12, Muhammad-Oli wrote:
Exactly! Or they can't get over the fact that HTC made it. But I think SE designed the exterior and some of the software side. I just think HTC did the internals.

All HTC has to do is to integrate the Qualcomm CPU, the RAM, ROM etc into their PCB so i won't definitely say that X1 is by means an HTC device they just assemble the components inside, but they never made 90% of the components esp the network platform where the one responsible for this is basically Ericsson and yeah X1 body is definitely Engineered/Designed by SE and all they have to do is to let HTC build the X1 design. X1 is made with SE's idea and with HTC's experienced hands
--
Posted: 2008-03-14 08:27:28
Edit : Quote

XPHCTOC Posts: 246

And with Sony's battery haha
--
Posted: 2008-03-14 17:15:38

rraz9228 Posts: 145

On 2008-03-14 17:15:38, XPHCTOC wrote:
And with Sony's battery haha

Lol. But hopefully, also with Sony screen and camera.
--
Posted: 2008-03-14 17:26:44

my ninja Posts: > 500

the eXterior (see what i did there ... ) is very clearly NOT made by SE, it has NONE of the design language of ANY of their phones ... its an anomaly why because they didnt design it.

the fact remains that some ppl adore it, and some ppl think that it was to grab MSMobile marketshare.

it is not a half assed attept however its not SE. the aesthetics annoy me to no end, and thats a good portion of why you buy a phone is that appeals to a sense of style.

there is no style no class, im ashamed to say this but there is another phone out there that isnt as capable but stylistically crushes this elaborate mess of angles and off color aluminum.
--
Posted: 2008-03-18 14:34:16

laurenke01 Posts: > 500

On 2008-03-18 14:34:16, my ninja wrote:
the eXterior (see what i did there ... ) is very clearly NOT made by SE, it has NONE of the design language of ANY of their phones ... its an anomaly why because they didnt design it.

Ummm...have you SEEN a silver X1 next to a P1? There are very obvious design elements similar to both. Here, I'll do the hard work for you:

The earpiece is similar, the silver brushed metal trim is similar (thick at the top, tapered down on the sides), the color scheme...blah, blah, blah.

You can say that you don't care for the design of the X1, that's fine, but to say it is not visually similar to other SE phones is ignorant, plain and simple. It took its design cues from the P1.
--
Posted: 2008-03-20 16:49:42

when was the last time that a SE phone had such hard angular buttons?

- thanks

and if a company is contracted by another company dont you think they would look to their top tier phone(s) thats in a similar segment for inspiration? i think the evidence you provided to me proves my point better than yours.

it doesnt matter, we KNOW for a FACT SE didnt design this phone, so the argument is moot.

however my personal dislike of the brick, is a matter of opinion. so hopefully SE (ericsson since sony devs the japanese SE phones) will give me the phone that THEY worked on, developing FIRM-MIDDLE-SOFT/WARE.

and is as far away design wise from the x1 as you can get. personally i hope that the "P5i" squats on the X1 just so i can see everyone stop fawning of this device, but knowing SE they wont do that ...
--
Posted: 2008-03-20 18:48:54

laurenke01 Posts: > 500

On 2008-03-20 18:48:54, my ninja wrote:

it doesnt matter, we KNOW for a FACT SE didnt design this phone, so the argument is moot.

We do? I personally cop not to have followed this board in the past few weeks as often as I have before, so maybe there have been new developments. But if it is now "fact" that HTC designed AND built the phone, I'm sure you'll link whatever credible source you have, please?

Based on my last information, HTC built the X1. Built is not the same as designed.

Furthermore, what are you griping and moaning about anyway? It's clear you have no interest in buying the X1--and for that matter, neither do I. We're all waiting on the P5...but bashing the X1 for illogical and factually flimsy reasons won't make the P5 be announced/released any sooner.
--
Posted: 2008-03-20 19:50:37

http://www.palmblvd.com/artic[....]/2008-3-4-Sony-Ericsson-s.html

http://www.reuters.com/articl[....]NewsAndPR/idUSTP16926520070919

i dont know, but id be hard pressed to think that SE paid HTC just to build a WinMo phone esp when SE has NO history with the WinMo architecture. Thats all im saying.

this is the HighEnd UIQ but ppl are talkin about the X1 so ... sorry to threadjack.
--
Posted: 2008-03-21 14:46:08

famous12 Posts: 426

P5i ? ?
--
Posted: 2008-03-22 00:34:30

max_wedge Posts: > 500

On 2008-03-21 14:46:08, my ninja wrote:
http://www.palmblvd.com/artic[....]/2008-3-4-Sony-Ericsson-s.html

http://www.reuters.com/articl[....]NewsAndPR/idUSTP16926520070919

i dont know, but id be hard pressed to think that SE paid HTC just to build a WinMo phone esp when SE has NO history with the WinMo architecture. Thats all im saying.

this is the HighEnd UIQ but ppl are talkin about the X1 so ... sorry to threadjack.

if you noticed, HTC phones are different depending on the brand (example HP HTC's are nothing like XDA HTC's)

Each manufaturer designs the phone, then HTC builds it.
--
Posted: 2008-03-22 02:11:32
Page <  123456>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home