Esato Mobile
General discussions : Product reviews : 3G networks - my review/views
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Product reviews > 3G networks - my review/views Bookmark topic
Page <  123456>

Sammy_boy Posts: > 500

@vladi - it's coming up to Christmas, I bet they're ramping up their advertiseing to try and get people to buy 3 phones for xmas presents!

Sounds like I'm best waiting a little while before taking a 3G contract out then. I've got till th middle of December anyway, hopfully people like Orange (who I've been thinking of switching back to anyway) will have bought out a 3G service. Would it be worthwhile (depending on price) taking out a 3G contract with them, but using it mainly as a 2G phone (I may not have a choice - doesn't seem to be any 3G coverage in my area by them anyway!) until their network expands, or just take out a standard contract for a year?

A couple of things I do like about 3 though - the weather reports you can download are brief but informative and very good, and I think the GPS-based 'quickmap' is great! Had a fiddle with it whilst at home, and it got my position bang on. I can see that being very useful - especially as my sense of direction is quite variable!
--
Posted: 2004-10-22 07:31:29
Edit : Quote

vladichelsea Posts: 50

if i could, i would cancel my 3 contract and go back to orange, o2, whatewer. at least now the phones available for 2G are much better. everything can change though, after arrival of voda and orange 3G services...
--
Posted: 2004-10-22 07:49:00

scotsboyuk Posts: > 500

@vlad

The range of 3G handsets is definitely getting better, hopefully the increase in competition will spur the manufacturers on in releasing smaller and better handsets.
--
Posted: 2004-10-22 14:28:35

any idea when 3 is going to present some new phones for their network. the ony decent phone at the moment is theLG u8120. all the NECs and Motorolas are more than year old.
i just checked the phones Voda is going to have when they start their 3G, its pretty impressive (se, nokia, sharp, samsung, nec, moto).

[ This Message was edited by: vladichelsea on 2004-10-28 01:39 ]

[ This Message was edited by: vladichelsea on 2004-10-28 01:44 ]
--
Posted: 2004-10-28 02:34:00

Sammy_boy Posts: > 500

Not sure to be honest - but it would be nice to see them using the z1010 on 3!

I've encountered a few problems with my e616v since getting it - mainly minor (but annoying) niggles.

Firstly, since getting it it has rebooted itself twice whilst online, so it obviously stil has a few software issues to be ironed out!

Secondly, when I press the 3 button to get to the '3 Today' home page, the box that highlights whatever you want to click on has started to scroll down automatically all by itself at a uniform rate (so not a keypad problem?) - is this something that 3 has done (Very annoying if they have!) or another little software niggle, or is it just an option checkbox that needs de-selecting somewhere?
--
Posted: 2004-10-28 02:46:10

today i've been in the link checking what are the prices for the 3G handsets. nec 616v is pretty tempting for 50£, but i heard a lot of complaints on it from my friends. really looking forward for 3 to get some new phones out for the christmas. the nec 808 voda is going to have looks pretty good, but of course the v800 is looking the most impressive.
--
Posted: 2004-10-28 03:01:00

@vladichelsea

Sammy_boy may disagree with me here, but I would recommend that you not buy a NEC 616. I have had this mobile for a few months now and I was not at all impressed with it. To be fair it does have some very impressive features, but the software bugs are just too annoying and problematic in my opinion. There is a firmware upgrade available for the 616, which I believe Sammy_boy has. However, judging by his last post it would seem that this new firmware still doesn't get rid of some of the most annoying bugs.

Apparently Orange are releasing the LG 8150 on their 3G network.

@Sammy_boy

The rebooting issue is very annoying, especially when you need to make a call. Have you contacted 3 to find out if there is another firmware update available?
--
Posted: 2004-10-28 14:26:13

and anybody actually knows the exact date when orange and voda are starting selling 3G handsets?
--
Posted: 2004-10-31 13:15:00

@vlad

Apparently before Christmas, most likely within the next few weeks.
--
Posted: 2004-10-31 13:21:22

lazn Posts: > 500

BTW ..... israel ... ( yeah israel ... ) has one of the best 3g notworks ...
( ive' been there coz my employer sent me there for studies ((unfortunately))

any way ... 3-(three ) is under the brang orange ... & the network is grreeat fast no problems .. & the video call are quite fast & without any problems .

also i ve' downloaded many music files in no time i think i will connect 3 in u.k too ... but ... i see the network is quite .. bad at this moment ...
--
Posted: 2004-11-01 17:36:34
Page <  123456>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home