Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Accessories : NEW BLUETOOTH HEADSET !
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > NEW BLUETOOTH HEADSET ! Bookmark topic
Page <  123, 456 ... 111213>

rene Posts: 125

Quote:
On 2002-01-19 14:43, jh67 wrote:

The "radiation level" of Bluetooth is at the same time very low,..a very low freqency.

I would not say so. Bluetooth operates in the 2.4 GHz ISM (Industrial Scientific Medicine) band. It is in the same frequency-band as the microwave ovens...
--
Posted: 2002-01-21 09:52:00
Edit : Quote

mms Posts: 67

I have not done any scientific or academic testing on radiaton levels, but I can share some facts:

Ericsson HBH10 radiates at 10mW= 0.01W
Microwaves are powered with 1000 W
During 1 year of usage I have not felt any heat or brain damage yet (I think...
Mobile phones radiate max. at 2W
Some people wear their phone in their shirt's pocket, right near their hart; and AFAIK: there are no reports yet that anyone was killed by a ringing phone that was radiating at 2W...

--
Posted: 2002-01-21 11:18:00

jh67 Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2002-01-21 11:18, mms wrote:
I have not done any scientific or academic testing on radiaton levels, but I can share some facts:

Ericsson HBH10 radiates at 10mW= 0.01W
Microwaves are powered with 1000 W
During 1 year of usage I have not felt any heat or brain damage yet (I think...
Mobile phones radiate max. at 2W
Some people wear their phone in their shirt's pocket, right near their hart; and AFAIK: there are no reports yet that anyone was killed by a ringing phone that was radiating at 2W...

TRUE MMS

I'm using bluetooth headsets as well.
AND mobile-phones too
And other devices too.

Some people will always get sick, develop cancer or something,..but I dont really believe that its got something to do with wearing e.g. a bluetooth headset.
These people would get sick either way. They simply have those symptoms. And "something" might just "trigger" those symptoms.

All I know is that the companies making Bluetooth-devices, all have a certain/specific standard, which they have to follow. I know that Nexlink follow these international standards.

Another thing,..you dont usually wear your headset the whole day, and you certaintly dont sleep with it either.
And if someone dont want to use a headset,..well, then dont

Jan

--
Posted: 2002-01-21 13:36:00

owizard Posts: 59

I am a heavy mobile user. I used the HBH-15 Bluetooth headset for at least 2-3 hours everyday in the last two weeks. Personally, I didn't experience any health problems. Cheers.
--
Posted: 2002-01-21 15:16:00

adamrj Posts: 155

And another thing - I heard a report a few months ago that normal handsfrees may be worse than just using a phone as they act as an aerial, of which your head is the top. With bluetooth, you're sending/receiving ratio waves upto 10 metres as opposed to several kilometres, so surely it's a much weaker signal than the phone anyway?

Adam
--
Posted: 2002-01-21 16:34:00

Quote:
On 2002-01-21 16:34, adamrj wrote:
And another thing - I heard a report a few months ago that normal handsfrees may be worse than just using a phone as they act as an aerial, of which your head is the top. With bluetooth, you're sending/receiving ratio waves upto 10 metres as opposed to several kilometres, so surely it's a much weaker signal than the phone anyway?

Adam

Yes the bluetooth signal is "weak".

Some say that headsets are worse than the phone itself,..and some dont.
I dont know if someone have come up, with a final conclusion to this.
There have been several tests, stating different things.

Jan

--
Posted: 2002-01-21 16:50:00

trancedancer Posts: 206

This is really interesting...

[ This Message was edited by: trancedancer on 2002-01-21 17:05 ]
--
Posted: 2002-01-21 17:04:00

Johntx Posts: 4

jh67,

Your original post indicated it is for "right-eared" use. Will it also work for those of us who are "left-eared"?

Keep up the good work, it looks great....
--
Posted: 2002-01-21 17:43:00

svenbocklandt Posts: 46

Hey Jan, now the next thing your company has to design is a tiny digital camera with bluetooth, being nothing but the lense and bluetooth chip. Make it so we can view the live moving image on our T68 when taking pictures...
I'm preordering one already
--
Posted: 2002-01-21 18:44:00

Quote:
On 2002-01-21 17:43, Johntx wrote:
jh67,

Your original post indicated it is for "right-eared" use. Will it also work for those of us who are "left-eared"?

Keep up the good work, it looks great....

---------------------------------------------

JOHN : Funny thing, hehe,..I actually use left ear too I think most people could use the Bluespoon on right ear, it sits very close and firm,..and sound-quality is good.
I would prefer left ear, but it works good for me on right ear,..sooo Just gotta get use to it, hehe !

This version of Bluespoon is only for right-ear use.
Basically its made this way, according to statistic material (we produce earplugs/headsets for army, special forces, firefighters and security), and the statistics say:
80 percent right ear,
20 percent left ear.

Thats the main reason,..the other reason is the way the "ear-ring" is made/sits on the back of the headset.

It might come later on, in e.g. the next version. Or in custom-made version, which are made exclusively for THAT specific person.

We have been discussing the "right/left" a lot of times in the company.
But with the construction of the headset, we had to go with right ear for now.

AND Of course, this is also a "money-matter", and its Nextlink's "first shot" with bluetooth headset.
Which means A LOT of money have been invested in the development of this particular headset.

Some things will have to wait, its sad, but thats the way it works,..when you also live in a "money-world"

We have the newest in bluetooth, very expensive battery, and very good sound, and some of the smallest microphones available.

Materials dont actually come cheaper, when you want to construct the smallest bluetooth headset in the world, hehe.

At the same time, we wanna be able to sell it, at a reasonable price.
And we are going to achieve this too

Jan

--
Posted: 2002-01-21 19:39:00
Page <  123, 456 ... 111213>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home