Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : New Walkman phone to be announced - W880i or W910i
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > New Walkman phone to be announced - W880i or W910i Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 567 ... 91011>

shyam335 Posts: > 500

Indeed ,se has a very defective mid range and low-end price structure.
--
Posted: 2006-07-12 15:02:00
Edit : Quote

goldenface Posts: > 500

Last year, it was said that was go for growth and start filling out the lower end. Market share doesn't seem to have increase by any large margin although profits have.

Maybe it needs to start concentrating on the more expensive devices, which probably swallow up more R&D budget but will give us more interesting handsets like the W950i.
--
Posted: 2006-07-12 15:29:56

dr_thug Posts: > 500

Please No SE vs Nokia here

back to topic...

any pic leaks on the new phone??
--
Posted: 2006-07-12 16:53:11

erm who mentioned Nokia . Going to have a snoop for some pics now.
--
Posted: 2006-07-12 17:08:02

(An)Dante Posts: 147

The lower end is still too muddled. The J100i has ugly design and introduced a poor resolution screen instead of the old 101x80 pixel. The overcrowded "J" series has many models with almost the same specification except the J100i, but all of them has a same price, so the J100i is simply unnecessary. While the J230i with its orange colours tries to reflect a feeling.

The lower-end should have more focus. The "J" series should have various differend design and color combination. In mid-low the K310 is a nice try but better design should have been presented or even several different model with similar specifiaction and extremely different design. Focus on these two segemnts are required to achieve higher market share.

In mid (PRICE) range has to introduce better screens (eg 176x220) and memory card slots. In the higher series the QVGA display should be the deafult. Premium lines with premium materials, attractive design and rich sales packages should be introduced for premium customers since they're willing to pay more for a qulaity product. These segments especially the premium lines are required to achieve higher profitability.

Product lines and price segments should be well defined and the evolution of ranges should be well planned as well. is so week in this.
--
Posted: 2006-07-12 17:18:32

shaliron Posts: > 500

@goldenface
Um... I mentioned it a bit

But we are seriously off topic... let's try to get back to rumours.
Anyone else think that the new will use keys like the W950 for it's thin profile. It'd be a cool change from the chemically etched metal keypad that have become all too common. I actually hope that it's used on all 'fashion' or 'thin' phones in SE's product range.
--
Posted: 2006-07-13 09:12:20

No has been announced for today.
--
Posted: 2006-07-13 09:36:40

@shaliron

You mean the touch sensitive keypad on a clamshell? I hope they don't over-design the keypad like they did on the W300i. That would put me off buying it.

Its too gimmicky, making the keys look like discs is a bit over the top. The next clamshell should be THIN for a start because Thin is In.
--
Posted: 2006-07-13 10:43:30

shaliron Posts: > 500

@goldenface
Well the keypad isn't exactly 'touch sensitive' I think. I remeber reading that the keys are still physically pressed down, and that is a 'click' feeling. I imagine it by sorta putting a piece of rubber onto raised keys like the T630. And you're right about the ovedesigning bit. That's why I like the W950's keys, they're simple.

...and if you don't get what I mean by the keys, Eldar tries his best at explaining it (although I on't get it myself )
Quote:
This phone is the very first model, where the manufacturer incorporated a new type of keyboard – to be precise, touch keys. Even though this concept isn’t something new, as it has been already used in digital cameras for quite a while, where developers have to reckon with a certain thickness of applied buttons. Keys’ contacts are integrated into substrate, which is covered with a soft layer made of various materials (as a rule, it’s a polymer film). On the surface, the buttons can be made either relief or flush. In W950i all buttons are flushed up, however there is a small relief dot near each key in order to make them easier to find. You can readily manage the device without looking at the keyboard after you’ve gotten used to it.

--
Posted: 2006-07-13 10:59:19

I'd love to see an elegant with refined simplicity.
--
Posted: 2006-07-13 11:12:56
Page <  123 ... 567 ... 91011>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home