Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Sony Xperia Rumours 2018
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2018 Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 523524525 ... 578579580>

skyXperia Posts: 175

On 2018-08-02 02:35:33, hgautam wrote:

On 2018-08-01 20:49:18, skyXperia wrote:
OIS aren't good in phone

You are wrong there. As I said don't be blind fanboys. You will keep feeling oled and ois inferior just because sony hasn't used them in phones yet. Everyone else has and the results are great.

I am not blind. Look at some video footage recorded on S9. The footage look weird when walking. It is not smooth. Seems like some people pulling the screen. I don't only look on SONY phone. I read various review on all phone. Let face it. OIS is good for photo, EIS is good for Video. If they can make the OIS similar to OSS, can be switched on/off. Than will be good.

I know Xperia will use OLED display very near future. I am find with that. I don't like the curved screen through.
--
Posted: 2018-08-02 03:50:33
Edit : Quote

Nevewolf Posts: 128

Sony will not use OIS, i read that on an interview yesterday, i can't find it, but they said that.
OIS in phones isn't efficient as you may think due the limited space.
--
Posted: 2018-08-02 03:57:43

Archdragoon Posts: > 500

Well if OIS could not turn off as expected then I doubt that Xperia will have it.

That mean some of the staff might be liar...
--
Posted: 2018-08-02 04:17:26

Lonewolf223 Posts: 361

Why are u people acting like this?

Ois isn't good?
Since when?
Dont tell that oled is inferior to lcd pls
Lcd is much cheaper and sony is making profits from using lcds on their flagships

Oleds have better black levels,sunlight legibility,are thinner and lighter panels than lcd, provide better battery life. And oleds are currently the most color accurate displays in the market (samsung panels), sony lcds are not at all accurate.

And FYI iphones are the not only phones with good oled displays
My frnd still has a galaxy s5 from 2014 still in perfect condition.

Samsung diaplays are the best like it or not.
Iphones are second to samsung

Until micro leds are available in the market oled is simply the best option there is.
[ This Message was edited by: Lonewolf223 on 2018-08-02 03:27 ]

--
Posted: 2018-08-02 04:21:58

Yes. Samsung do own top-notch OLED and NAND flash. Now they cooperate with Frjifilm for the CMOS. While JDI still fighting for resources. SONY SEMI still working on their own. Sharp IGZO is expensive and quality still not there. However, Samsung will keep the best bin for themselves, just like SONY. LG is the only choice for SONY now. I guess SONY is already give up on waiting JDI to start the production line.
Apple can use Samsung OLED just because they can afford it. Chinese brand can get some with low price are really rubbing quality.

Don't get me wrong. OIS is great, especially in tele lens. All good tele DSLR lens have build-in IS. However, it won't really help you to take a blur-free pictures. What really helps you is high ISO, large aperture. I personally own a a5100 with 1670 OSS. The oss almost useless in video. That is why we have handheld stabilizer. Still photo does help but not much. I still pushing ISO and Aperture and Shutter Speed. However, S9+ adjustable aperture approach is creative but not really help.

Take a look with this:S9+ Footage, XZ2 Footage
Warping is shown on S9+ when he is walking. LG is even worst than this. XZ2 is way better.

Again. I am happy if they add the OIS. However, it don't really make a different. I am not here to protecting Xperia, say all the good things. Xperia now should work harder on their Camera software rather than throw in more feature.
[ This Message was edited by: skyXperia on 2018-08-02 06:06 ]

--
Posted: 2018-08-02 07:03:18

yuunanase Posts: 290

Ois isn't good?

Of course OIS is good! Thats why Sony has been using them in the A7 series! But sony has found a way to overcome the need for OIS and be competitive. But of course adding OIS will make the camera even better!

Imagine having iso 6400 with a shutter speed of 1 second and be very stable! You can basically capture stars hand held!

Dont tell that oled is inferior to lcd pls

No they are not. Nor is oled better than lcd. They just have different strengths. Maybe in a generation or two, oled will be much better.

Lcd is much cheaper and sony is making profits from using lcds on their flagships

Er... never know that Sony is a non-profit organisation... and I guess that means maximizing the profit is a must?

Oleds have better black levels

Agreed

sunlight legibility

Again, not all oled panels are equal, nor are all lcds. XZ2 is brighter than S9+ which is in turn brighter than iphone X, but XZ2P is just bad

are thinner and lighter panels than lcd

Not really my concern. If someone who makes a phone who uses a lcd pannel, but overall thinner than its competitor, then its a winner. And in the current situation, I doubt that if they use a oled pannel on the xz2, the phone will be much thinner anyway.

provide better battery life

Yes, if you are looking at a black screen. But how about a white screen?

By the way, you are missing the point that OLED has a higher response rate than LCD.

And oleds are currently the most color accurate displays in the market (samsung panels), sony lcds are not at all accurate.

As I said eariler, it depends how the manufacturer tunes their screen. You can be using the same panel, but display different results. I know, both Samsung has spent a lot of time calibrating their screens, so their screens are great, and Sony has spent ages calibrating the LCD panel.

And FYI iphones are the not only phones with good oled displays
My frnd still has a galaxy s5 from 2014 still in perfect condition.

Yup, so was my walkman X (2009) ps vita (2011) which I don't use as much, and Xperia T, which I still uses every day has no such problem. and FYI, LCD can also cause a burn in.

Samsung diaplays are the best like it or not.
Iphones are second to samsung

Wow! As I said many times, there are always advantages and disadvantages, and currently, OLED are more or less on par with LCD or might be a little better, but its definately not miles ahead. That said, I would really love to see a Xperia with a good OLED screen, not an half baked effort like the LG V30 or Pixel 2
[ This Message was edited by: yuunanase on 2018-08-02 06:35 ]

--
Posted: 2018-08-02 07:22:26

XperiaX Posts: 23

Agree - OIS is not really needed. Better to keep working on improving the lens, sensor and particularly the software. Their new sensors for A7-series can shoot really high ISO without noise, so hopefully they can bring the same technology to their phones and allow low SS and high ISO without compromising quality. I think that is the way forward for Sony and we will probably not see OIS. Increasing the number of pixels with quad bayer array (new IMX586) is also interesting - potentially allowing for much better zoom performance while also improving low light.

Would love if they also implemented some sort of small interchangeable lens interface like a small E-mount - but probably quite costly to develop with only few customers.

On 2018-08-02 07:03:18, skyXperia wrote:

Yes. Samsung do own top-notch OLED and NAND flash. Now they cooperate with Frjifilm for the CMOS. While JDI still fighting for resources. SONY SEMI still working on their own. Sharp IGZO is expensive and quality still not there. However, Samsung will keep the best bin for themselves, just like SONY. LG is the only choice for SONY now. I guess SONY is already give up on waiting JDI to start the production line.
Apple can use Samsung OLED just because they can afford it. Chinese brand can get some with low price are really rubbing quality.

Don't get me wrong. OIS is great, especially in tele lens. All good tele DSLR lens have build-in IS. However, it won't really help you to take a blur-free pictures. What really helps you is high ISO, large aperture. I personally own a a5100 with 1670 OSS. The oss almost useless in video. That is why we have handheld stabilizer. Still photo does help but not much. I still pushing ISO and Aperture and Shutter Speed. However, S9+ adjustable aperture approach is creative but not really help.

Take a look with this:S9+ Footage, XZ2 Footage
Warping is shown on S9+ when he is walking. LG is even worst than this. XZ2 is way better.

Again. I am happy if they add the OIS. However, it don't really make a different. I am not here to protecting Xperia, say all the good things. Xperia now should work harder on their Camera software rather than throw in more feature.
[ This Message was edited by: skyXperia on 2018-08-02 06:06 ]

--
Posted: 2018-08-02 08:11:30

If they made a Tri-stacked version of IMX586, than Xperia may use it.
Now, even the future of Xperia is unclear. It looks like a tools for semi department promote their new innovation. I really doubt it will happened.

I heart that AUBE actually is a very early version processor for Aphla camera. I don't know. I hope some big things may coming.

Zackbuck: XZ2 is the last Xperia with LCD Screen.
Onleak: 2K OLED 5.9" screen

[ This Message was edited by: skyXperia on 2018-08-02 08:09 ]

--
Posted: 2018-08-02 08:50:56

hgautam Posts: > 500

Same camera with OIS takes better pictures than without OIS. It can be seen in reviews of Xiaomi phones where flagship having OIS has good low light performance but same camera put in a mid range without OIS has poor performance in low light.

As for videos, samsung just uses a different algorithm for stabilization which might not be as good as sony. Sony's experience here much more than anyone else here. But others with ois and eis are not far behind. People take more photos so that matters more. Sony can have a clear lead if they add OIS.

As OLED, these burn in issues are exaggerated too much. My cousin whom I meet every week had a Note 4 since last 4 years and there are no issues in the display. Now he has the 9+ and the display is just better than any lcd I have seen. The black levels is enough reason that oled looks so much better than lcd. Yes the curves are hate worthy.
--
Posted: 2018-08-02 09:17:44

xpr Posts: 329

On 2018-08-02 03:57:43, Nevewolf wrote:
Sony will not use OIS, i read that on an interview yesterday, i can't find it, but they said that.
OIS in phones isn't efficient as you may think due the limited space.

It would be great if you could find it. Sounds interesting.

--
Posted: 2018-08-02 09:18:40
Page <  123 ... 523524525 ... 578579580>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home