Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Sony Xperia Rumours 2018
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2018 Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 524525526 ... 578579580>

hgautam Posts: > 500

On 2018-08-02 08:50:56, skyXperia wrote:

Zackbuck: XZ2 is the last Xperia with LCD Screen.

[ This Message was edited by: skyXperia on 2018-08-02 08:09 ]

Really hope that's true. I can finally upgrade then....

Please post link to source as well.
--
Posted: 2018-08-02 09:20:01
Edit : Quote

Archdragoon Posts: > 500

That's interesting information. Hope it's true.
--
Posted: 2018-08-02 09:30:19

skyXperia Posts: 175

On 2018-08-02 09:20:01, hgautam wrote:

Really hope that's true. I can finally upgrade then....

Please post link to source as well.

That Weibo Post
--
Posted: 2018-08-02 09:30:19

xpr Posts: 329

If they made a Tri-stacked version of IMX586, than Xperia may use it.
Now, even the future of Xperia is unclear. It looks like a tools for semi department promote their new innovation. I really doubt it will happened.

I heart that AUBE actually is a very early version processor for Aphla camera. I don't know. I hope some big things may coming.

Onleak: 2K OLED 5.9" screen

On the one hand, Sony's LCD panels produce an excellent image and I prefer XZP's 4k LCD to Samsung's OLED - the colors look more natural. On the other hand, Sony have shown with Bravia that they can tune an OLED to look amazing.

Would be great if Sony would put it on an Xperia:
https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo[....]ress/201805/18-049E/index.html

On 2018-08-02 09:17:44, hgautam wrote:
Same camera with OIS takes better pictures than without OIS. It can be seen in reviews of Xiaomi phones where flagship having OIS has good low light performance but same camera put in a mid range without OIS has poor performance in low light.

As for videos, samsung just uses a different algorithm for stabilization which might not be as good as sony. Sony's experience here much more than anyone else here. But others with ois and eis are not far behind. People take more photos so that matters more. Sony can have a clear lead if they add OIS.

As OLED, these burn in issues are exaggerated too much. My cousin whom I meet every week had a Note 4 since last 4 years and there are no issues in the display. Now he has the 9+ and the display is just better than any lcd I have seen. The black levels is enough reason that oled looks so much better than lcd. Yes the curves are hate worthy.

OIS helps produce better images of stationary objects in low light. However, OIS can't be as good as a tripod so if you want top quality, it won't help you. In simple terms, one could say that OIS is good for mid quality photos in low light scenes of stationary objects or people. There's also no denying that for most people, exactly those "medium" photos are the ones that matter. Most people won't use a tripod and most people probably don't even know the basics of photography.

Anyway, if we're trying to capture a moving object in low light conditions, a bigger aperture might help a bit, but youre going to need a higher ISO. I don't see any other way around it. Obviously better results with higher ISO also means that you can substitute exposure time for ISO (up to a certain degree) - that means that those mid quality images I mentioned before will be just as good.

Regarding OLED vs. LCD, well, just as was mentioned here before, if you want a black screen then yes, OLED is, of course, better - so I guess that "Always on" is better on an OLED screen by definition. But maybe you exaggerate its importance. Samsung tends to make their displays produce a slightly oversaturated, too vivid picture - that might be more visually appealing but it's not more realistic and it doesn't mean it covers a wider color gamut.

From what I hear, people say that XZ2Ps 4k HDR MLCD+ is a monster of quality.
[ This Message was edited by: xpr on 2018-08-02 08:47 ]

--
Posted: 2018-08-02 09:41:45

skyXperia Posts: 175

On 2018-08-02 09:17:44, hgautam wrote:
Same camera with OIS takes better pictures than without OIS. It can be seen in reviews of Xiaomi phones where flagship having OIS has good low light performance but same camera put in a mid range without OIS has poor performance in low light.

As for videos, samsung just uses a different algorithm for stabilization which might not be as good as sony. Sony's experience here much more than anyone else here. But others with ois and eis are not far behind. People take more photos so that matters more. Sony can have a clear lead if they add OIS.

As OLED, these burn in issues are exaggerated too much. My cousin whom I meet every week had a Note 4 since last 4 years and there are no issues in the display. Now he has the 9+ and the display is just better than any lcd I have seen. The black levels is enough reason that oled looks so much better than lcd. Yes the curves are hate worthy.

Ha. If onleak source is true, the screen will curve.

--
Posted: 2018-08-02 09:55:24

Lonewolf223 Posts: 361

Xpr
Samsung has a dedicated mode for accurate colours.
It is as colour accurate as a display can go.
Sony lcds are poor in terms of colour accuracy
They are not up their with the top crop phones like galaxy and iphone x.
Please read some reviews.
Lg made oleds are poor and samsung one's are industry leading in terms of colour accuracy.
In samsung phones u can either have the accurate colours or a over saturated one. There is a dedicated srgb mode in those phones.
Average delta e of xz2 after custom white point adjustment is 2.9

S9s average delta e is 1.8 in srgb mode (gsmarena)
U check other sites for further info.
Sony display is a step behind samsungs.
U are only talking about adaptive display mode in samaung.

As loyal fans we should be properly informed.
--
Posted: 2018-08-02 10:10:20

hgautam Posts: > 500

Xpr

Nobody uses a tripod and that's exactly why ois is important.
Suppose I am taking a picture in low light and the auto mode decides shutter speed 1/8, then I mostly end up with blurred image. But when I use wife's iphone or brother's galaxy this problem doesn't happen.

As for OLED, are you talking about galaxy s3 or note 4??? Because they had poor colors. The current ones are excellent in colors.

My xperia has as oversaturated colors as much as the galaxy and the colors are too blueish. It's a gift that xperia has option to calibrate white balance. I like puncy colors in display but white balance I like natural. Sony can easily tune that if they put oled in phones.

On 2018-08-02 09:55:24, skyXperia wrote:

Ouch....
[ This Message was edited by: hgautam on 2018-08-02 10:09 ]

--
Posted: 2018-08-02 11:06:07

xpr Posts: 329

On 2018-08-02 11:06:07, hgautam wrote:
Xpr

Nobody uses a tripod and that's exactly why ois is important.
Suppose I am taking a picture in low light and the auto mode decides shutter speed 1/8, then I mostly end up with blurred image. But when I use wife's iphone or brother's galaxy this problem doesn't happen.

As for OLED, are you talking about galaxy s3 or note 4??? Because they had poor colors. The current ones are excellent in colors.

My xperia has as oversaturated colors as much as the galaxy and the colors are too blueish. It's a gift that xperia has option to calibrate white balance. I like puncy colors in display but white balance I like natural. Sony can easily tune that if they put oled in phones.

On 2018-08-02 09:55:24, skyXperia wrote:

Ouch....
[ This Message was edited by: hgautam on 2018-08-02 10:09 ]

As I've said myself, few people use a tripod, but they exit. And btw, if you want to compare two smartphone cameras, at least part of that test has to be done on a tripod. Otherwise, you're just comparing ease of use.

Again, from what I hear and read, XZ2P has an excellent display, by any standards.
--
Posted: 2018-08-02 11:41:26

pigletsquid Posts: 61

As I've said myself, few people use a tripod, but they exit. And btw, if you want to compare two smartphone cameras, at least part of that test has to be done on a tripod. Otherwise, you're just comparing ease of use.

Again, from what I hear and read, XZ2P has an excellent display, by any standards.

Lol what percentage of people do you think use a tripod? Probably like 0.00001%
So no, tests shouldn’t be done with a tripod as it’s literally irrelevant for nearly all end users. Not to mention it defies the whole point of mobile photography - which is the convenience of having a camera in your pocket so you can capture shots wherever, whenever. If you’re making the effort of specifically taking a tripod with you to do photography then you might as well take a dedicated camera.

Obviously smartphone cameras can perform better with tripods, but that’s like saying they can produce better results with optimal lighting conditions so tests need to include studio lighting too
--
Posted: 2018-08-02 11:54:32

Moe87 Posts: > 500

Yes, everything has PROS and CONS
OIS has just one benefit, the chance to use slower shutter.
But even 1s can be too much for phones with OIS.

About screen.

Someone said somethung true. Color reproduction is up to the company, the way they want.
OP5 has oled and near 8000K while S6 has about 6500K.
Z3 has a very cold screen while XA1 shows something between 6400-6500K.

OLED is better when you have more blacks but it uses more power whern screen shows white.
LCD is thicker and heavier but it has longer life.
Sunlight contrast ratio can be high on LCD too, HMD Nokia 8 is above 4.0 and some phones with oled not.

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4265343888966810

Look at these pics, XZ2P x iX ( screen comparison)

--
Posted: 2018-08-02 12:38:53
Page <  123 ... 524525526 ... 578579580>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home