Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Sony Xperia Rumours 2018
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2018 Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 526527528 ... 578579580>

skyXperia Posts: 175

On 2018-08-03 00:43:12, xpr wrote:

On 2018-08-02 12:50:47, skyXperia wrote:
Yes. M+ LCD is great. XZ2P screen should be great if sony use it right. Unfortunately, they don't. Still need to wait for the firmware update if they try to fix that.

Well, when Sony said they won't give up on the 3.5mm and see now what we got. OIS appear on XA2U front cam. XZ2 got this ultra low light. I don't know but if they want to apply it. We should see this before the dual cam setup.

For people who love Samsung screen should buy a Galaxy instead. Color profile is impossible to be same from 2 different company. Curved screen is the only way to hide the bezel with water proof.

I really hope the curved screen look from onleak render is just because of the lighting and reflexion.

Why do you say that XZ2P's screen isn't good?

Regarding OIS on the front camera, well it was used even before XA2U AFAIK. Sony must know a little about photography and I presume they have good reasons not to put OIS on the main camera. The selfie camera has other requirements and is used differently - you don't need the best possible shot, you need a good one and when taking a selfie, things tend to be shakier.

The screen will suddenly turn green-ish. This is SONY software problem.

--
Posted: 2018-08-03 03:05:14
Edit : Quote

vivftp Posts: > 500

Out of curiosity do we have any statements or information on what Sony's new CEO thinks of the mobile division and the direction it should head in? He's only been in power a couple of months, but I wonder if he wants to stay the course that Kaz set or go a different route. All of Sony's other divisions are doing very well so I imagine he'll want to take some action, one way or the other to deal with the mobile division. I don't believe they have any intention of scrapping the division at least. Now that Sony as a whole is pulling in a lot of money I can only hope they'll toss the mobile division a decent budget for R&D and marketing.

With 5G around the corner there's more potential for cross promotion with other divisions too. We know the PlayStation 5 is going to appear sometime within the next 2 years and video game streaming will play a role in the future of PlayStation (they have PS Now as it stands). Maybe this would be the time for the successor to the Xperia Play to make an appearance as a rebranded PlayStation Phone. Or at the very least maybe offer cross promotional discounts or service deals between the mobiles and other divisions.
--
Posted: 2018-08-03 06:19:20

XperiaX Posts: 23

I am sure Sony is planing a strategy around 5G and mobile gaming. Probably also the main reason for introducing the DVS vibration system in XZ2. The games probably won't be "Xperia exclusive", but expanding the PS-ecosystem towards mobile may help selling more phones. The PS brand is quite strong and launching a real gamer-phone may sell well towards the 100+ million PS-users. They could probably also expand the PS Plus subscription model towards social mobile gaming. Lets hope they increase the budget for mobile and bring out the real potential of Sony in all main areas (camera, screen, speakers...) + some real marketing efforts.

Similarly they could brand the next XZ3 Premium as an "Alpha-phone" with calibrated OLED 4K screen and best possible camera towards their Alpha-users. Would be great for viewing 4K-content and pictures. Alternatively a new 4K tablet.

On 2018-08-03 06:19:20, vivftp wrote:
Out of curiosity do we have any statements or information on what Sony's new CEO thinks of the mobile division and the direction it should head in? He's only been in power a couple of months, but I wonder if he wants to stay the course that Kaz set or go a different route. All of Sony's other divisions are doing very well so I imagine he'll want to take some action, one way or the other to deal with the mobile division. I don't believe they have any intention of scrapping the division at least. Now that Sony as a whole is pulling in a lot of money I can only hope they'll toss the mobile division a decent budget for R&D and marketing.

With 5G around the corner there's more potential for cross promotion with other divisions too. We know the PlayStation 5 is going to appear sometime within the next 2 years and video game streaming will play a role in the future of PlayStation (they have PS Now as it stands). Maybe this would be the time for the successor to the Xperia Play to make an appearance as a rebranded PlayStation Phone. Or at the very least maybe offer cross promotional discounts or service deals between the mobiles and other divisions.

--
Posted: 2018-08-03 07:32:38

Moe87 Posts: > 500

People are replacing pocket cameras for smartphones.
Many older pocket cams have no more thsn 1/2.3" too.
Of course no phone is on pair with rx100m6.
If mobile was allowed to use that sensor , I bet they could earn more money than selling the camera.
Phones have more processing power, it would outperform the cam.
Rx100 series can record 4K too but for only short time.

But I doubt it will happen.

Bonus: https://m.weibo.cn/status/4267793501729166 Buks says sales of Premium are better than expected so far. I don't know if it just China or all places the device is being sold.
[ This Message was edited by: Moe87 on 2018-08-03 10:40 ]

--
Posted: 2018-08-03 11:18:58

Archdragoon Posts: > 500

Fun fact. The pre-order registration for XZ2P in Thailand is already full even SONY Thailand didn't announce it price yet.

Not sure about the number but I doubt that it will be a lot.
--
Posted: 2018-08-03 12:12:59

skyXperia Posts: 175

On 2018-08-03 07:32:38, XperiaX wrote:
I am sure Sony is planing a strategy around 5G and mobile gaming. Probably also the main reason for introducing the DVS vibration system in XZ2. The games probably won't be "Xperia exclusive", but expanding the PS-ecosystem towards mobile may help selling more phones. The PS brand is quite strong and launching a real gamer-phone may sell well towards the 100+ million PS-users. They could probably also expand the PS Plus subscription model towards social mobile gaming. Lets hope they increase the budget for mobile and bring out the real potential of Sony in all main areas (camera, screen, speakers...) + some real marketing efforts.

Similarly they could brand the next XZ3 Premium as an "Alpha-phone" with calibrated OLED 4K screen and best possible camera towards their Alpha-users. Would be great for viewing 4K-content and pictures. Alternatively a new 4K tablet.

Stop Dreaming. It won't happen.

They may hide it just like the AUBE chips. Alpha, Walkman, Cybershot won't appear in Xperia product. They had already integrated some PS elements into the Xperia but you need the controller. They also afraid the PS+Xperia model will affect PS sells.
--
Posted: 2018-08-03 13:41:53

Moe87 Posts: > 500

Sharp is going to join the oled production race.
Hope they ship rgb oled.
--
Posted: 2018-08-03 14:03:02

moogoo Posts: > 500

sony isn't moving toward PS for mobile. i don't have any inside information, but just an educated guess. look at the vita. it was essentially a flop. sony doesn't do mobile gaming like that.

if sony wants to succeed in mobile, they need to improve their camera software and overall phone design. it's ass backwards but these are the things people care about most these days. if sony's flagship phone produces the best pictures and their phone looks gorgeous too (meaning big gorgeous screen, not too fat/wide), it will sell. also, reintroducing the headphone jack would make a lot of people happy despite the trend of BT ear pods.

I hope they can get their act together and produce something legendary by the time 2020 comes around, cause that's probably when i'll be looking to upgrade and if they don't have it together by then, i'll probably be going the pixel route.
--
Posted: 2018-08-03 14:48:55

Nevewolf Posts: 128

It is probably selling more in those countries due to the positive reception of the Asian media. In Europe and America that is not happening, they continue to say that XZ2P is inferior to the competition.

If the difference is significant it is very likely that Sony is considering limiting, even more the sales territory for the next next model.
It's what I think, I hope not.
--
Posted: 2018-08-03 19:14:44

Killmonger Posts: 42

Well they should release a 6.5" bezel less phone for the Asian market.

Would do wonders with a 4K display and stereo speakers. Stylus input is also welcome like the Z Ultra. Every pen pencil worked back then. Why not now?

I kind of believe an Ultra variant of some sorts is coming. Maybe early next year? Who knows.
--
Posted: 2018-08-03 20:18:47
Page <  123 ... 526527528 ... 578579580>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home