Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Sony Ericsson Clara
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Ericsson Clara Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 596061 ... 929394>

goldenface Posts: > 500

@sanjeevjaya

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2005-02-11 12:14 ]
--
Posted: 2005-02-11 13:14:02
Edit : Quote

draak1 Posts: 193

Memzee

Beside,you going buy a Clara
So no need for Mototrola
--
Posted: 2005-02-11 13:21:31

wrecked_porsche Posts: > 500

@Goldenface,

I was gonna get a V3, but then I saw the recent Clara pics in this thread. Now I'm gonna wait. Function over form.
--
Posted: 2005-02-11 13:27:13

goldenface Posts: > 500

Yeah, I agree with sanjeevjaya.

I know the Razer Blade form factor is cool at the moment, but I can hardly see it as the next big thing.

It is great is you want a Star-Trek type communicator lookalike but I just can't see it taking over. It just looks too faddy, and if you look at the link that you posted Moto are bringing this phone down in price to give "it to the masses". When that happens it will have the appeal of a toy.......
--
Posted: 2005-02-11 13:43:20

wrecked_porsche Posts: > 500

I really did fight the urge to buy the V3. But yeah, they are gonna bring it to the masses... Not good... for owners of V3s that is. But I gotta admit, the thin candybar from MoTo looks kinda nice.

However, I really belive that Laffen is right : ESATO - Only Take A Sony Ericsson !

Mmmmmmmm... Clara.... Only 2 and a half days to go before we at least see something from .... [/suspense]

--
Posted: 2005-02-11 13:58:56

vanquish Posts: > 500

wow!
--
Posted: 2005-02-11 14:03:30

(An)Dante Posts: 147

Don't forget some really important thing: the Moto's Blade will be really so expensive as the RAZR V3.
Nokia 6230 used to be a direct competitor for K700i. It had far worse display and email client (no attachments) but better connectivity solution (EDGE) and extendable memory.

Look, Sharp GX-30 has a fantastic hardware set: 320x240 extremenly high quality display, and a superb 1 megapixel camera, expandalbe memory.. But.. It's extremely slow, hard to control, it has no features at all! MP3 cannot be played in the background and only 10mp long videos can be handled on that HQ++ display.. There's no email client, limited BT and irDA If you check the spex you'll fall in love. If you try it out you'll find it big and stupid.

So the hardware specification is not enough without a well plenned user interface! Nokia has a good UI, but it has lots of limitations. Eg: no real file manager, no real themes, etc.

made some breakthrough in the S700i. The built-in camera is really a camera! It has all the features and settings as one can found in a compact camera. If you check Clara it seems that the story is about to continue! The combined volume+zoom keys are placed on the phone's right together with the camera shutter button placed on the center. So when you'll hold Clara you will have the camera controll trivial! However when you'll using it as a phone the volume keys will be a bit strange as it has been moved to the right side..

So: Clara will be a full featured ordinary phone, with great email client, extremely good user intarface like in K700i. On the other hand it will be a quite good camera hopefully with better image quality. But what's the more important: the images and videos can be sent with the built-in email client!

Maybe there will be some modells from Samsung nad Sharp with better hardware spec, but after you'll try them out you'll going to chose Clara instead.. The only really competetive product would be the Nokia 6230i as it will have better display and slightly lover resolution camera.
--
Posted: 2005-02-11 14:23:55

Yazan24 Posts: > 500

Neonism is right, and The S700 was announced before the 7610 and the 7610 was released before, screwing SE over, so lets not get excited. The phone isnt elegant whatsoever. But its feature packed.
--
Posted: 2005-02-11 14:38:09

HyperiaBlue Posts: 424

Damn that was quick, the article was removed upon request from Motorola...

Well, imho, i would not purchase the V3. I had a look @ one the other day while in a vodafone shop. The phone is too flimsy...too much cheap plastic, the camera is really small and pathetic.
The keypad is cool but other than that...the phone is boring.
--
Posted: 2005-02-11 15:42:46

EastCoastStar Posts: > 500

did anyone save the specs and pic of the moto that they can post? :-\
--
Posted: 2005-02-11 15:50:28
Page <  123 ... 596061 ... 929394>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home