Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Sony Ericsson Clara
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Ericsson Clara Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 707172 ... 929394>

vanquish Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2005-02-16 12:47:18, dontknow wrote:
vanquish; As I've said before:
It is a button, now and before. On early prototypes there were nothing printed on it.

The function of the button was not decided from the beginning, or just not implemented. It's functionality is still changing, but it's a sort of personal menu button, sort of shortcut menu.

but how did you know it was a button from the beginning? it may have just been a block of plastic seperating the other two buttons, and later on SE may have decided to change it into a button, if it will be one.

Clara hasnt been released, and not many people know intricate details, so DONT get at me for not knowing 100% about this phone. We were just discussing the possibilities of it, not deciding that it was never a button man! chill out, knowitall
--
Posted: 2005-02-16 15:10:20
Edit : Quote

Dyce9984 Posts: 168

Vanquish, I think his name says it all

only joking
--
Posted: 2005-02-16 15:14:09

b-chill Posts: 246

In my opinion, and in relation to the fact that we know that walkman phones is on the books (and clara is very likely to be a walkman phone), it could be a dedicated mediaplayer button as its the case with the z800. But thats just my thoughts about this button of mystery
--
Posted: 2005-02-16 15:19:57

goldenface Posts: > 500

I honestly think SE can come up with something a lot better than Clara for a music phone.

Don't forget SE/Walkman has to take on Moto and iTunes this year so Moto might be bringing out a iPod hybrid phone/music player.

SE will have to come up with something a lot better than this. I think Clara is a full-blooded camera phone and not a music player, at least I hope so.

Clara has nothing of the funky design that Walkmans have and this is something they simply will HAVE to introduce for them to compete with Moto.

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2005-02-16 14:40 ]
--
Posted: 2005-02-16 15:38:08

whizkidd Posts: > 500

So, you don't want the Clara to be a Walkman phone? This message was posted from a T230
--
Posted: 2005-02-16 15:40:55

b-chill Posts: 246

I REALLY hope(and think), that just because its a walkman phone, i doesnt mean that that the nice cams will be missing. I hope the new phones will be excellent musicplayers AND cameras at the same time, and not different phones focussing on different features.
--
Posted: 2005-02-16 15:44:21

goldenface Posts: > 500

@Whizzkid I would like a Walkman phone to include some of the funky design incorporated in the Walkman products.

The design of Clara and the way Network Walkmans, and Walkmans in general look, seem to be a thousand miles apart at the moment.

I want SE to capitalise on the strong brand image Walkman has, and I want this to be more than a simple sticker placed where the Quickshare sticker is. iTunes and Moto will clean up otherwise.

I don't ask for much do I

Isn't Apple also introducing a mobile phone this year?

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2005-02-16 15:08 ]
--
Posted: 2005-02-16 16:05:32

Yup. :-D This message was posted from a T230
--
Posted: 2005-02-16 16:09:35

thanasis Posts: 204

What worries me, is that if Clara constitutes SE's camera phone and they also intend on releasing a walkman phone, then i doubt both will be able to do the same stuff. What i mean is that Clara will be limited to 128mb (so that you dont get unlimited music + 2mp cam) and the walkman phone will have an inferior cam, possibly even vga (so that if you want a good camera you have to go for another product)

Because if they give Clara the DuoPro ability then why should anybody bother with their walkman phones, when they can add 1gb of music to their 2mp phone?

I really hope SE proves me wrong and makes clara the ultimate camera phone with unlimited music storage, but i just feel they would be doing damage to their "walkman phones" sales by doing that
--
Posted: 2005-02-16 16:12:50

Thats really a valid point to be pondered upon. This message was posted from a T230
--
Posted: 2005-02-16 16:15:11
Page <  123 ... 707172 ... 929394>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home