Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Huge Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2007
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Huge Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2007 Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 727728729 ... 758759760>

sealover94 Posts: > 500

Maybe but after comparing my p990's screen with iphone's screen it looks soooo small....
--
Posted: 2007-09-25 02:04:55
Edit : Quote

laurenke01 Posts: > 500

The 2.8 inch screen on the P3 (and presumably the Mooi too) is going to be a lot larger than the P990's, unless I'm missing something. I mean, the P990 has a square screen, right?

It's just less than an inch smaller than the iPhone's screen.
--
Posted: 2007-09-25 02:21:21

JuanPablo Posts: > 500

Can't wait for the W880 succesor

--
Posted: 2007-09-25 02:48:02

HamsterVil Posts: 109

WoW!!!! that Xajel concept of MOOI is....MOOI(i mean its a reall beauty..i think thats what is supposed to meen mooi as someone said once)

I hope it is something like that and its avaible for my bday on march next year

SE hasnt dissapointed me till now on the high end and hope it doesnt change anytime soon
--
Posted: 2007-09-25 06:55:23

rss_ndrsn Posts: > 500

On 2007-09-24 20:49:53, arunvc wrote:
Possbility of next
Sony ericssons next P-SERIES would be approx 125 grams
SUPPORT FOR HSDPA,UMTS
AND STiLL 256k
BUT 480*640 Res Touch screen
2..8 inch screen
5MP Autofocus with Flash
WiFi 802.11b/g Support instead of b only in P1i
Symbian os 9.1
Probably could be uiq 4
Probably 160 mb internal memory,Probably m2 expansion slot
Probably GPS
probably wap 2.0
Probably C++ support

Thanks

If what you posted is true, then, again, P3i's specification doesn't live up to what a 2008 high-end phone should have; with the exception of the screen and, maybe, Tri-band HSPDA, as well. The specification is quite a year behind. I expected it to have more advance features such as Wi-fi n, Quad-band HSPA, 8 gb internal memory, at least 3.0" screen (16.7 million colors screen, 760 dpi) etc. P3i, if what you posted is true, almost have the same specs as N95.

I just have this feeling that 2008 will not be any different with 2007. We are just going to get some bunch of mid-tier or low-end solutions. I hope my intuition is wrong.

[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2007-09-25 06:02 ]
--
Posted: 2007-09-25 06:55:47

shaliron Posts: > 500

@domipost
It's already updated

@sealover94
The screen size should not be the deciding factor when picking a phone.

The Mooi will almost certainly have more features than the iPhone. HSDPA, better camera, hardware keys so that you can use the phone with one hand and play games, and not permanently locked (under threat of bricking) to an operator.

@laurenke01
Here's a comparison of screen size (and the P990/P3i have a screen which is similar to a television 4:3):

So it does look quite a bit smaller, but it isn't all bad, because it makes the phone a little smaller (narrower). But it would be nice to get widescreen soon (although it seems Japan will again have it far before we do).

@rss_ndrsn
Wi-fi 802.11n? No phone will get this in the next year. It's not even standardised on computers yet, let alone on small battery operated phones. Also, you should realise that 802.11n is only useful for home networking, not internet usage, because the theoretical speeds (and practical speeds) are far greater than any consumer or business broadband connection in existence.

And the other features you posted are just impractical and would add to the cost of an already expensive phone. It seems as though you are just a features 'whore', who just likes to have the latest and greatest features, despite the fact that quadband HSDPA is very, very niche, or that having a price tag of >$1000 and a battery life of
Perhaps a bump up in internal memory could be considered, but again, that would kill the W960 sales, and it would cost a bomb. There is always the Mooi or W960 for users who want that much memory, otherwise you can just buy a large memory card.

UPDATE:

P3i specifications (see first post).

--
Posted: 2007-09-25 07:23:53

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

On 2007-09-25 07:23:53, shaliron wrote:
@domipost
It's already updated

@sealover94

The Mooi will almost certainly have more features than the iPhone. HSDPA, better camera, hardware keys so that you can use the phone with one hand and play games, and not permanently locked (under threat of bricking) to an operator.

@laurenke01
Here's a comparison of screen size (and the P990/P3i have a screen which is similar to a television 4:3):

So it does look quite a bit smaller, but it isn't all bad, because it makes the phone a little smaller (narrower). But it would be nice to get widescreen soon (although it seems Japan will again have it far before we do).

@rss_ndrsn
Wi-fi 802.11n? No phone will get this in the next year. It's not even standardised on computers yet, let alone on small battery operated phones. Also, you should realise that 802.11n is only useful for home networking, not internet usage, because the theoretical speeds (and practical speeds) are far greater than any consumer or business broadband connection in existence.

And the other features you posted are just impractical and would add to the cost of an already expensive phone. It seems as though you are just a features 'whore', who just likes to have the latest and greatest features, despite the fact that quadband HSDPA is very, very niche, or that having a price tag of >$1000 and a battery life of
Perhaps a bump up in internal memory could be considered, but again, that would kill the W960 sales, and it would cost a bomb. There is always the Mooi or W960 for users who want that much memory, otherwise you can just buy a large memory card.

UPDATE:

P3i specifications (see first post).

BEST post YET in this Entire thread thus FAR!

Especially regarding 802.11n (lol, hilarious someone expected this when its STILL a draft), and also regarding screen density. I'd rather the smaller more pixel dense & screen clarity ... keeps the screen immaculate.

Regarding Windows Mobile Professional in an SE ... it was just about a matter of time really. Its become so powerful media wise and application support is incredible (only S60 comes close currently).

I'm VERY happy that my dream phone is NOW an SE concept in the planning stages instead of my own "dream drawing board". Symbian Cybershot. I just hope its UIQ3.1 1-handed stylee.
--
Posted: 2007-09-25 07:43:41

rss_ndrsn Posts: > 500

On 2007-09-25 07:23:53, shaliron wrote:

@sealover94

I think it's a matter of preference. People have different taste.

@rss_ndrsn

I exaggerated my post, intentionally. I did it to make fun of P3i. P3i features are so 2007-ish.

Impractical for those who don't need it!
Do you expect a feature pack phone to cost less?
Have you played around with a device that has a really nice screen? And after playing with it for hours, do you expect the battery to last 'till the next day day.

Nokia release an upgraded version of N95, the N95-8gb version. Would it affect the sales of, let's say ,N81, or N95?

[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2007-09-25 08:40 ]
--
Posted: 2007-09-25 08:54:50

shyam335 Posts: > 500

Good thing for us is there is always news leaks from taiwan..
I haven't seen a new smart phone platform since,say p990..
have se abandoned r&d?
and is that the reason new orders are going to htc?
--
Posted: 2007-09-25 09:16:21

shaliron Posts: > 500

@shyam335
Well, if the P3 is UIQ 4, then we know that SE is continuing R&D on UIQ. I doubt that they would abandon it after they bought it from Symbian.

Still, maybe they know that they have to eventually switch to WM to gained market share in the smartphone/business market. Maybe UIQ will become their platform to develop touch screen phones (like Mooi). HTC must just be a cheaper and quicker option at the moment (because they have no expertise at WM), and that way SE can put more resources into UIQ and Java development.

And UPDATE about the first post. It's too big now. I've just been updating all the information for each rumoured phone, and there seems to be a formatting problem with the post.

I think there is some type of character limit per post, which I believe is 45,000 characters. So the 'false information' section has been cut, and I'll stick it further down the first page. I think I'm going to shift all the 'old' info down to a post further down, so there may be a few changes to the layout.

Not to mention an even bigger change. But we'll leave that till later...

Winner of: Best Thread (Huge SE Portfolio), Best Post (Huge SE Portfolio), Best Signature, and 2nd Best Nickname

[ This Message was edited by: shaliron on 2007-09-25 09:47 ]
--
Posted: 2007-09-25 10:42:57
Page <  123 ... 727728729 ... 758759760>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home