Esato Mobile
General discussions : Product reviews : Sony Ericsson MMR-60 Review
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Product reviews > Sony Ericsson MMR-60 Review Bookmark topic
Page <  123456789

elmorrissey Posts: 10

Damn!!! I just bought one on Ebay today! hehehehe

Someone told me that this transmitter works soooooo fine with his W800... (last FW)....

I paid a total of 43 dlls... with shipping included.

I thought it was a hell of a deal... but after I red this thread... I don't know what to expect.... hehe

I've got a W810... hopefully it works fine!

I'll be doing my review later.
--
Posted: 2006-08-03 07:16:04
Edit : Quote

stevevalo Posts: 189

I just bought one on Ebay, and what a crap receiption!!!

Tried a number of different channels, and positions in car. There is no way it has a 10 meter range!

I'm changing my car on Monday and the Ariel is on the front wing/fender, so maybe it will work better?
--
Posted: 2006-08-12 21:36:26

goldenface Posts: > 500

Are there any good reviews for this gadget. I keep eying one on eBay. This message was posted from a WAP device
--
Posted: 2006-08-12 21:58:37

nalbagli Posts: 302

the best FM Transmitter I've had...where I live, (CHILE) all radio stations are very close so it ie very difficult to find one in "blank"...even though it is not perfect sound in a good radio and a good radio station it works perfect!

HIGHLY Recomended accesory....also if you see most negative reviws are from guy that have or had belkin iTRIP or others but a very few have tried MMR-60

BEST FM TRANSMITTER IN THE MARKET AND GREAT DESIGN
--
Posted: 2006-08-19 03:02:47

fastbike Posts: 6

I found that it worked OK only if the device was extremely close to the receiver antenna. It was no use at all in my car.

BUT I have found some interesting facts...

I managed to find the technical data on the stereo transmitter chip used inside the MMR-60. Inside the housing there is a small wire antenna about 3cm long.
If the housing is very carefully opened, it's possible to replace this with a longer flexible wire (say, 20cm), brought out through a small hole made in the bottom of the case, then superglue it all back together.
This makes a LOT of difference
Be warned, however, that such modification will utterly invalidate all warranty and the increased transmission power may contravene your local regulations. Also the device uses tiny surface mount components so it would be easy to damage once opened. Try it completely at your own risk !

--
Posted: 2006-08-19 16:20:35

DragonEye Posts: > 500

lol.. guys what do you expect. most transmitters suck...

if you put it next to you stereo in car or at home.. it'll be decent..

you'll get a little static here and there.. but that's as good as it gets
--
Posted: 2006-08-19 17:51:18

f1eddie Posts: 12

Was just looking into this product. I think its not available in Europe. Luckily im in oz for another two months then!!! Looking further into it i found out SE has a cable called MMC 70, which turns your fastport connector into a 3.5mm jack!!! Perfect for my new car when i get home. Exactly what i wanted the mmr 60 for!!! Its only coming soon though so if you want to look at it dont search for it go into the multimedia section under accessories.
--
Posted: 2006-09-13 02:25:54
Page <  123456789

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home