Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Ericsson Buying out Sony Ericsson?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Ericsson Buying out Sony Ericsson? Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 89, 101112>

themarques Posts: > 500

Sony are not fools, you just need to look at a merger and take the name for example and you will see Sony dropped hell of alot. Sony-Ericsson..not the other way round..

The lawyers would have locked in a deal for a minimum stretch of x amount of years in financial terms 15-20 is not unheard of.

So this can go to the rumour mill.
--
Posted: 2006-03-05 01:05:15
Edit : Quote

Bambino Posts: > 500

i hav theories
\\\ = conservative
Sony = inovations
conservative meets inovations = conservations
conservations means SONY & \\\ should not parted in order to survive in mobile world especially against nokia, samsung & moto

--
Posted: 2006-03-05 03:48:00

Ravager Posts: 290

I reckon, if this would happen that a lot of people would stop buying Ericsson phones. Sony is a company with a great name in the world, everyone knows what it is and therefore feel more secure to buy the Sony Ericsson brand. /// biggest problem would be to get out into the world again, I think this is the major thing Sony has done.

Really the more Sony has gone in to the phones the worst they have become. For example the phone that made SE a world famous brand was T610. The T610 was mainly designed in Sweden by Ericsson and the technology was mainly ///'s. The further we have come into the "relationship" the more things is Sony trying to get into the phones.

Here we are with the "walkman" and "cyber-shot" phones, and I think this is just ridiculous. A good mp3 player or a camera in a phone can be achieved without the need of a Sony brand written on it.
So what do we have here, two not so successful brands made by Sony that they now trying to recreate by putting them in mobile phones.

My conclusion is therefore that, Sony Ericsson is a profitable company but through the years my opinion is that their phones have become a desperate attempt by Sony to survive and therefore they stoped focusing on quality and instead just are trying to get as good profit as possible.

So I feel that Ericsson alone would have problem to reach the world market but they would definitely produce better phones.

--
Posted: 2006-03-05 06:45:56

shaliron Posts: > 500

@Ravager
I concur, but realistically /// wouldn't have gotten out of their financial troubles if it wasn't for the help of Sony. If Sony really are that bad then I think that the company would no longer exist today.
--
Posted: 2006-03-05 07:07:01

Ravager Posts: 290

If you really think so i think you should start reading what Ericsson actually is earning money on. Just a tiny bit is from the making of mobile phones and a huge part is communication technology. I can absolutely ensure u that Ericsson did not get out of their financial trouble because of the mobiles

As a Swede and having a familymember working at Ericsson i know this...
--
Posted: 2006-03-05 07:15:02

S4k1s Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2006-03-05 07:07:01, shaliron wrote:
@Ravager
I concur, but realistically /// wouldn't have gotten out of their financial troubles if it wasn't for the help of Sony. If Sony really are that bad then I think that the company would no longer exist today.

Sony had nothing to do with Ericsson getting out of their financial troubles.
And as Ravager was saying the mobile division of Ericsson is and was a tiny part of the company, a part that now is bringing profit to Ericsson instead of loss.

And if you look at Sony today, Sony is not doing good as a company.
Don't get me wrong, I like Sony and have used it's products for 20 over years now, my house is full of them =P ...

But this excessive branding must stop! For example the K800, SE did not have to put the Cyber Shot sticker at the front of the phone in a big ugly sticker at the middle. They already have it in big letters at the back side of the phone. Look at Nokia and the carls zeiss branding. The branding is there and you see it but it is made in a nice discrete way ...

Edit: spelling

[ This Message was edited by: S4k1s on 2006-03-05 14:41 ]
--
Posted: 2006-03-05 15:30:47

Nokialoverx Posts: 122

If sony should merge with nokia their products would the best on the market.I heard microsoft hate nokia This message was posted from a Nokia
--
Posted: 2006-03-05 16:22:18

dr_thug Posts: > 500

microsoft,sony,ericsson and all hate nokia for making such lousy products and fooling people to buy them.
if sony were to merge with nokia (i almost fainted typing this),i will no more be loyal to sony.
--
Posted: 2006-03-05 16:46:13

bart Posts: > 500

don't say such stupid things.
microsoft doesn't indeed like what nokia has become.
but ericsson and SE are working together on some things.
network and telecomunications: ericsson and nokia have been working together on standards from day 1
symbian: nokia/SE/ericsson are working together to make the best smartphone platform, and eventually "computer based OS"

nokia makes phones that some people like, their serieis60 phones are quite good, but thats where it ends.
but instead of trashing nokia, we should work together.

samsung should be seen more as an evil company. focus your trashing on them
--
Posted: 2006-03-05 17:01:41

Nokialoverx Posts: 122

I love s60 so much for reasons i am not sure of.Nokia has popularity and their features are good.Mate i think samsung makes the best phones when it comes to imaging.Look at their 7mp phone This message was posted from a Nokia
--
Posted: 2006-03-05 17:10:40
Page <  123 ... 89, 101112>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home