Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : P700 is on its way
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > P700 is on its way Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 818283 ... 128129130>

jlpk007 Posts: 79

the features/form factor of this phone is awesome..wonder when will it come...
i wanna replace my k750i with a windows mobile till i saw this piece of news...the p700 ...

--
Posted: 2007-04-22 05:45:50
Edit : Quote

adnhk1 Posts: 447

On 2007-04-21 16:54:50, DocTorpor wrote:
@adnhk1
I've tried connecting to my accesspoint using WPA2, it didn't connect
Hopefully SE will add WPA2 support in the final version.

Thanks DocTorpor for your quick reply. That is my fear really Are you or PeterKay able to feedback to your contact in SE about this requirement? WPA2 should be standard on P700 and future UIQ 3 devices. Even NK E series and WM5 devices likes TyTN all comes with full WPA2 support

Edit: To all, I guess there is no need for PeterKay or DocTorpor to confirm on the hardware specs. It should be still based on current UIQ 3 devices, i.e., Philips Nexperia PNX4008.

Hi Caspa and to all who are concern about memory management. Imho, there are 80MB free RAM memory at boot time, so this should not be too much of an issue even if there are some memory leaks. Cos with this amount of RAM memory, one could definitely have more than 20 applications running and keep running in the background all the time, just like the good old days of P910i, without the need for the OS to kill any of them cos there is really enough RAM memory for all the apps to utilise simultaneously. E.g., with 80MB at boot time, we could have SM Pro, SMAN, ACM, AquaCalendar, DreamConnect, Messaging, Contacts, Calendar, Jotter/Notes, Media Player, Bluetooth, Blackberry (or any other PUSH email), X-plore, Advanced Device Lock, IM+, Projekt, all started up during boot time by using BootMan and leave them running in the background for super fast switching over at times of needs (as compared to current crop of UIQ 3 devices where the OS keeps killing all the apps due to RAM memory going too low) without the fear of the OS killing any of them, cos I am positive that with all these started up and even FULLY utilised, there will still be about 40MB RAM memory left for us to use Opera and open up 10 tabs and surf to our hearts contend And still, there will be some RAM memory left for perhaps SmartMovie or MP4 videos With 80MB RAM memory, there really should be not much to worry about memory management

[ This Message was edited by: adnhk1 on 2007-04-22 05:37 ]
--
Posted: 2007-04-22 06:17:22

brick Posts: 162

I will reserve all my comments on the phone until I see and hold one, but I can't help with the following comment: the placement of the lanyard is simply stupid.

Right now, it doesn't secure to the left hand while you're holding it as a phone (it'll attach to the phone in a tangled mess above your scolling thumb) nor does it secure to the right hand while you're holding it as a camera (on the left underside? away from the shutter release button? it'll just hang stupidly below the phone!)

Even though the lanyard being under the phone is not as stylish as it being at the side, in this case, anthropometry should come first.

[ This Message was edited by: brick on 2007-04-22 06:17 ]
--
Posted: 2007-04-22 07:17:01

max_wedge Posts: > 500

nice use of anthropometry

I agree btw.
--
Posted: 2007-04-22 08:22:33

Nanu Posts: > 500

Anthropometry? Sorry, what do body measurements have to do with the location of the strap on a mobile phone?

surely it is more to do with ergonomics?

Anyway i agree it does seem daft to put a strap loop just above the jog dial and i hope that it is moved before production!
--
Posted: 2007-04-22 08:38:38

Francois3 Posts: 6

Hi guys,

Peterkay, thanks you very much for all the pictures
--
Posted: 2007-04-22 10:11:19

jlpk007 Posts: 79

Pk,can show us more pics on the menu ,or the function/UI of the phone,..

Thanks...
--
Posted: 2007-04-22 11:28:33

gesamgr Posts: 1

Hi Guys and thank you for all the information.
The new P700i it's fantastic.It will be a super hit for SE and for us !!!

Please can you inform me when will be announced offically from SE and when
are you estimate to start selling?

--
Posted: 2007-04-22 11:30:05

PeterKay Posts: > 500

For video converting i use M3 converter and choose p990i settings

will record some vids from the P7 and upload them today.

--
Posted: 2007-04-22 11:46:34

borizz Posts: 32

Anyone please know something about the CPU?? the video looks amazing and the device is quite fast according to it but I would really be interested to know the frequency of the CPU. I don't believe it's all in RAM. THX
--
Posted: 2007-04-22 12:19:05
Page <  123 ... 818283 ... 128129130>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home