Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Sony Ericsson K850i Discussion (Sofia)
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Ericsson K850i Discussion (Sofia) Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 91011 ... 151617>

hanugro Posts: > 500

On 2007-06-02 17:36:19, kokosalaki wrote:

On 2007-06-02 16:56:15, hanugro wrote:

I think what he means is that most ppl buy phone not based on tech alone. So SE simply after the bigger market. This is not connected to SE market share itself.

Well if 80% of the market don't demand high tech then SE is better of getting 7% of those rather than the other 20%. Also I think SE marketshare is double digits and must be higher than 7%. Don't count the CDMA market as SE don't have any phone for that market at all.

thank you hanugro, that's what I meant.

I don't think will introduce all-in-one N95 style devices, they just can't afford it.

I am actually quite 'high tech' buyer but as I choose in SE survey recently is that I am after a solid phone first and foremost. Everything else is a bonus.

I have no use for a phone that won't get me from the time I wake up to the time when I am going to sleep again with moderate use without changing batt. I don't want 10mp camera that give me more noise, I got my dSLR for that thank you. I love to have a wifi only if the batt can stand few hours surfing the net. I would love a GPS but GPS is for tourist, I know my city upside down. And I only become tourist for 2 weeks a year. Music player is standard nowadays. The thing I do hope is HSDPA as my service provider provide it but I am willing to wait for it.

Don't think SE can't afford uber ales all in one, they can. It's just they don't think that device is a good phone esp with batt consumption. When you run SEUS you will get a survey and in that survey you will get a feel on why SE design a phone like now. I think they want to build a solid phone, that is a priority. SE may make all in one phone if the survey result (and other market research) demand it.

And slightly off topic I hate Nokia, they can sell a phone that can send you back to the future for $1 and I still won't buy it, lol.
--
Posted: 2007-06-03 02:55:43
Edit : Quote

razec Posts: > 500

If SE could take more time producing the sofia i would personally wait for it for as long as they can give me the best quality i needed. i don't need the Updated Features initiative of Nokia(even though they came out with 10MP camera, WIFI 100MBPS or S60 FP-3 in the earliest moment)if in return, you would pay more for a premium price you've paid for the phone for it's features while not providing us the quality it should have

Nokia annoys me so much because of it's poorer quality than what it should
--
Posted: 2007-06-03 05:38:45

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

On 2007-06-01 17:32:30, kokosalaki wrote:

Sorry but without HSDPA, WiFi and GPS integrated very soon SE is dead.

ahh... wouldn't be so sure about it, mass market is where the money lies and phones which have all of those features e.g. N95, are painfully expensive. For tech freaks and rich people only, and one could hardly call those two groups the masses. Well at least that's my point of view...

LOL I find this hilarious!

> kokosalaki, do you realize the VERY SAME argument you make here about smartphones not being for the mass market is the SAME thing analysts, business' and parents alike thought of computers back in 1980 - 1985?! Then Apple began shipping the MacIntosh en masse that faithful year of 1985, along with Commodore Pet, Vic20, and 64! Look around you NOW?!!

Most ppl that OWN a Nokia S60 device STILL dont realize its a smartphone. Nokia's trick to mass appeal with that Symbian platform is not segment it as ONLY a top-tier device like SE does/had with the P1/P990/P910/P900/P800/R384. Nokia segments the TARGET-Market (Marketing 101 boys) > focusing design, features, THEN pricing accordingly to leverage the cost of S60 OS Development & Manufacturing. Ever since the N-Gage they've learned a LOT & the N-gage QD although just roughly 2million units sold per continent, woke up a LOT of ppl to look at other S60 devices. DOING whatever it takes to brand and test & satisfy pricing for Wireless Providers SURE helped as well.

SE NEEDS to goto back to college and learn the basics of Marketing 101. Their focused on the thought of "build it, they will come" I'm willing to bet last qtr sales dropped compared to 1 yr prior. Next qtr will be higher due to the S500/w580 but not due to the P1. Markets like India, its going to be cut throat with Nokia's S40 when design gets better like the 6300/6500 Slide/Slate!

SE CAN give us UIQ3.1 devices in design's like the S500/W580 BUT they don't. I WANT WIFI in a smartphone NOT a touchscreen - although the P990i pricing IS VERY tempting right now. I like 1 handed operation and quick navigation for ANYTHING.

I'll humbly wait for Great styling & UIQ3.1 Non-touchscreen; but for now I'll pick up a BNIB K790a & hopefully in a few short weeks to pickup a genuine K790a BOND edition!
--
Posted: 2007-06-03 07:01:43

Kensyi Posts: 7

any pic..from sofia ?
--
Posted: 2007-06-03 08:21:37

kokosalaki Posts: 61

On 2007-06-03 07:01:43, Prom1 wrote:

On 2007-06-01 17:32:30, kokosalaki wrote:

Sorry but without HSDPA, WiFi and GPS integrated very soon SE is dead.

ahh... wouldn't be so sure about it, mass market is where the money lies and phones which have all of those features e.g. N95, are painfully expensive. For tech freaks and rich people only, and one could hardly call those two groups the masses. Well at least that's my point of view...

LOL I find this hilarious!

> kokosalaki, do you realize the VERY SAME argument you make here about smartphones not being for the mass market is the SAME thing analysts, business' and parents alike thought of computers back in 1980 - 1985?! Then Apple began shipping the MacIntosh en masse that faithful year of 1985, along with Commodore Pet, Vic20, and 64! Look around you NOW?!!

Most ppl that OWN a Nokia S60 device STILL dont realize its a smartphone. Nokia's trick to mass appeal with that Symbian platform is not segment it as ONLY a top-tier device like SE does/had with the P1/P990/P910/P900/P800/R384. Nokia segments the TARGET-Market (Marketing 101 boys) > focusing design, features, THEN pricing accordingly to leverage the cost of S60 OS Development & Manufacturing. Ever since the N-Gage they've learned a LOT & the N-gage QD although just roughly 2million units sold per continent, woke up a LOT of ppl to look at other S60 devices. DOING whatever it takes to brand and test & satisfy pricing for Wireless Providers SURE helped as well.

SE NEEDS to goto back to college and learn the basics of Marketing 101. Their focused on the thought of "build it, they will come" I'm willing to bet last qtr sales dropped compared to 1 yr prior. Next qtr will be higher due to the S500/w580 but not due to the P1. Markets like India, its going to be cut throat with Nokia's S40 when design gets better like the 6300/6500 Slide/Slate!

SE CAN give us UIQ3.1 devices in design's like the S500/W580 BUT they don't. I WANT WIFI in a smartphone NOT a touchscreen - although the P990i pricing IS VERY tempting right now. I like 1 handed operation and quick navigation for ANYTHING.

I'll humbly wait for Great styling & UIQ3.1 Non-touchscreen; but for now I'll pick up a BNIB K790a & hopefully in a few short weeks to pickup a genuine K790a BOND edition!

I'm not saying feature packed smartphones won't be ever adopted by the masses, my point is it's not going to happen in the next two years. At the moment most of average mobile phone users don't utilize even half ( if not less ) of their handsets features. I don't think it will change very soon, and until that happens, the average user's prime motor behind purchase of all-in-one devices will be - in most cases - prestige.

I would very much like to continue that discussion, however it's completely off topic, so if you'd like to you can send me a PM.
--
Posted: 2007-06-03 09:22:51

wabre Posts: 129

I am actually quite 'high tech' buyer but as I choose in SE survey recently is that I am after a solid phone first and foremost. Everything else is a bonus.

I have no use for a phone that won't get me from the time I wake up to the time when I am going to sleep again with moderate use without changing batt. I don't want 10mp camera that give me more noise, I got my dSLR for that thank you. I love to have a wifi only if the batt can stand few hours surfing the net. I would love a GPS but GPS is for tourist, I know my city upside down. And I only become tourist for 2 weeks a year. Music player is standard nowadays. The thing I do hope is HSDPA as my service provider provide it but I am willing to wait for it.

Don't think SE can't afford uber ales all in one, they can. It's just they don't think that device is a good phone esp with batt consumption. When you run SEUS you will get a survey and in that survey you will get a feel on why SE design a phone like now. I think they want to build a solid phone, that is a priority. SE may make all in one phone if the survey result (and other market research) demand it.

And slightly off topic I hate Nokia, they can sell a phone that can send you back to the future for $1 and I still won't buy it, lol.

we all see it in a different way. if SE wouldn't have made the HUGE step to include MORE features into a phone like the K750i they would sell crappy phones like..i don't know who today...

the fact is that people hate nokia, just because they are jealous that SE doesn't have the possibility to be first on the market. nokia made the right choice and is still doing it because they sell more than others. if you chose a new SE for which you don't need WIFI or 10mpx or vga video or or or..then buy a t610 and SE will create it for you. because that's what they can do. to pack too many things into a phone like nokia does is not a match that SE can afford - P990i is a good example of a crap phone that does everything, but everything bad...and hopefully sofia or whatever it's name will be, can be a good 5mpx cam and who cares about WIFI as browsing the web on that small screen is not fun...but nokia will still be ahead
--
Posted: 2007-06-12 20:30:28

KingBooker5 Posts: > 500

This thread is now turning into a stupid fanboy war I quoe from another guy "I hate nokia there really crap" this was supposed to be about sofia, if you want to moan about SE go to some other thread.

-hope june 14th is the day! If not SE have officialy pissed me of!-
--
Posted: 2007-06-12 21:03:15

xironghostx Posts: > 500

a big thing means something big, and k850 is a big thing(hope it's not in weight or size) so it should be announced:D
--
Posted: 2007-06-12 22:44:56

br. Posts: 80

K1 ?
--
Posted: 2007-06-12 23:20:22

sidneylopsides Posts: 252

Motorola already used it
--
Posted: 2007-06-13 00:22:36